0 Players Online

McPathos's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xMc

Member Name
McPathos

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

IGN
McPathos

Previous IGN(s)
mcreddog
bq5
McPathos

Timezone
GMT - Scotland

Donor Rank

What realm do you play on?
Lollipop

What times are you most often online?
Monday - All day
Tuesday - 6pm Onwards
Wednesday - 6pm Onwards
Thursday - All day
Friday - 5pm Onwards
Weekends I'm free all weekend unless I have work which will be said in slack for when I have work.

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
To date, I’v only been banned on Badlion for “Hotkeying” Which is fine on most servers.
Since then made an appeal and got accepted and unbanned in march.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
To this date, I have been playing since V1(Which is early January for me) And since then been playing since V2 launch, and plan to stay playing for a long time since I feel as a player and ex-staff I am dedicated.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?
I would from my own experience focus on my college work as it's a priority I'm expect to abide to, but due to my setup and time management I can juggle the staffing and college work since I have done so in the past and it has been manageable.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

All of the above

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
1080p 60fps and I figured out the corruption issue and that has been taken care of.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
I feel as trying both staffing and membering OPB I feel more confident in my staffing ability as from community response I feel I did good as a helper - mod. Obviously, the opinion is personally per person but from community response, I feel I more comfortable helping the server.
My personal response is that I prefer being able to help the community instead of just being a member I'd rather have a voiced opinion which sounds very selfish but as coming from V1 pvp and to v2-v3 as a known player I feel I can voice my opinion as a OG.
Coming back to my first application now. I feel that there is not enough EU staff on equally throughout the day. During my time playing I do see EU staff coming on and even NA staff being on around EU time but at some point they have to go. Which is fine but there should be a staff on throughout the day all day. Not meaning the same person but an assortment of staff being on throughout the day.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
Denied - I would understand for the reason given. I have no loss from submitting a staff application so no hard feeling.
Demotion - If the demotion was for something I did I would understand my own doing and respect the staff still. For needing less staff or not living up to the expectation I understand but there's no reason not to try my best.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
I am used to be called bad things and I would respond by doing the appropriate punishment and dealing with the player that way.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
Dec 15, 2016

Is there anything else we should know?
Be active during EU timezone,

I feel I'm mature enough to understand reasoning behind giving punishments,

I feel I am of age to logically make decisions based on the situation, IE hacked clients or people
showing other people disrespect.

I can type quite fast(IMO) your score : 294 on Speedtest.aoeu.com,

So I feel I can manage a fast chat.

Bad things about me;

I have had a very toxic past, like i've said and haven`t really be brought up in the nicest of gaming environments, MC is the nicest community i've been apart of so far.
My parents don't really respect my privacy so sometimes I will have to just leave without warning or I won't have internet for a certain time but this is easily avoidable on my behalf
I am dyslexic and find it hard to read certain phrases and type grammatically correct although I am English and can fully understand it.

I hope this is good enough but would appreciate constructive criticism

Last edited by a moderator:

OMG_Its_Rock

Again? Make up your mind if you want to be staff or not, either ways, the application is good and you deserve to be accepted.

X

xMc

Again? Make up your mind if you want to be staff or not, either ways, the application is good and you deserve to be accepted.
I denied my second application for reasons yet I still had to wait the month and this is only my third application. People have made more, but thank you for the nice comment!

far9448

Great... The LagKing is back...

+1 Already been staff like 3 times i think on this server :/ But wot evs!

Slouched

Hey there @McPathos !

This is a very nice application and I believe you will be accepted to the server for these reasons:
  • Active
  • Helpful
  • Good Detail in Application
  • Well known throughout the community
  • Good Experience
  • Has been staff on here before
This is why I believe you should be accepted

Good luck and have a nice day
-Slouched

Rizuri

Infamous Member
+1 You have OPB staffing experience and you worked well with other staff members before. I am sure that you are going to be accepted.

I've read through this application and it is fantastic. I have one suggestion which I believe will improve your application which is to format it better. Using dot points, etc will make it look much more neat. Other than this, great job, good luck.

ToxicJolt

+1, Mr. Pathos,
You're a super friendly and helpful guy all around on TS or on the server. I wish you the best of luck and would love to see you back on the team!!

You are very mature and active in-game (P.S. Thanks for breaking Lollipop with your Melon Farm xD jk). Anyway, I think your application is very thought out however, I think you should have waited a bit longer prior to your last application was not even a month ago. (Sorry to be that one guy :() Also, I was just scanning the rules and this is actually not allowed:
  • Remember you must wait 1 month between denied applications, If we find that this is not the case then your application will be immediately denied.
@Coolkish

Anyway, Good Luck :)

Last edited:

Cyclone

:D Yay your reapplying good luck pathos! Your very active and helpful to people in game. Best of luck to you pathos!

AwesomeAgent10

Member Name
McPathos

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

IGN
McPathos

Previous IGN(s)
mcreddog
bq5
McPathos

Timezone
GMT - Scotland

Donor Rank
CandyLord

Application

What realm do you play on?
Lollipop

What times are you most often online?
For the next around 2-3 weeks I’m free all the time except if I get called into work. This was the same as when I was staff prior to V3 and after the 3 weeks I will get my Block2 timetable for college.

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
To date, I’v only been banned on Badlion for “Hotkeying” Which is fine on most servers.
Since then made an appeal and got accepted and unbanned in march.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
To this date, I have been playing since V1(Which is early January for me) And since then been playing since V2 launch, and plan to stay playing for a long time since I feel as a player and ex-staff I am dedicated,

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?
I would from my own experience focus on my college work as it's a priority I'm expect to abide to, but due to my setup and time management I can juggle the staffing and college work since I have done so in the past and it has been manageable.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

All of the above

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
1080p 60fps and I figured out the corruption issue and that has been taken care of.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
I feel as trying both staffing and membering OPB I feel more confident in my staffing ability as from community response I feel I did good as a helper - mod. Obviously, the opinion is personally per person but from community response, I feel I more comfortable helping the server.
My personal response is that I prefer being able to help the community instead of just being a member i'd rather have a voiced opinion which sounds very selfish but as coming from V1 pvp and to v2-v3 as a known player I feel I can voice my opinion as a OG.
Coming back to my first application now. I feel that there is not enough EU staff on equally throughout the day. During my time playing I do see EU staff coming on and even NA staff being on around EU time but at some point they have to go. Which is fine but there should be a staff on throughout the day all day. Not meaning the same person but an assortment of staff being on throughout the day.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
Denied - I would understand for the reason given. I have no loss from submitting a staff application so no hard feeling.
Demotion - If the demotion was for something I did I would understand my own doing and respect the staff still. For needing less staff or not living up to the expectation I understand but there's no reason not to try my best.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
I am used to be called bad things and I would respond by doing the appropriate punishment and dealing with the player that way.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
Dec 15, 2016

Is there anything else we should know?
Be active during EU timezone,

I feel I'm mature enough to understand reasoning behind giving punishments,

I feel I am of age to logically make decisions based on the situation, IE hacked clients or people
showing other people disrespect.

I can type quite fast(IMO) your score : 294 on Speedtest.aoeu.com,

So I feel I can manage a fast chat.

Bad things about me;

I have had a very toxic past, like i've said and haven`t really be brought up in the nicest of gaming environments, MC is the nicest community i've been apart of so far.
My parents don't really respect my privacy so sometimes I will have to just leave without warning or I won't have internet for a certain time but this is easily avoidable on my behalf
I am dyslexic and find it hard to read certain phrases and type grammatically correct although I am English and can fully understand it.

I hope this is good enough but would appreciate constructive criticism
Wow.....This Application Makes me sad bcs its so great and If I made one it would not be as good as this and will probably get denied... Great Job Pathos!!! PS:plz Dont Hate me +1

Status
Not open for further replies.