Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Who do you think is the best pvper on opblocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angyma

ang's two cents.

I do not think there is any one best PvPer. There are may ways of PvPing and frankly, even when those similar ways are used in a duel type fashion, many other factors must be counted in making it a hard decision. Also, there may be many people who qualify for this, but then they would have to duel in a tournament style and it would simply become much too complicated. Some people may also be afraid to nominate themselves as it would seem quite ****y.

First, you must figure out what makes the different types of skill sets and PvP types different. However, if we decide right off the bat, that for example; Gapple PvP with OP Armor is OPBlock's main style of PvP, then it would be much easier to choose a "best PvPer on OPBlocks". You could hold a small tournament (the contestants coming from a community vote) based on this server's PvP type and then the winner of that would then hold the title and newcomers to challenge the throne could just duel them.

Secondly- back to what I just said. The best PvPer on OPBlocks would have to be limited to just players on OPBlocks otherwise the title would have no point. Let's say the community says "Kingpin83 is the best PvPer ever!1!1" but he's from PrimeMC, how would this be relevant? We are talking about OPBlocks, and just OPBlocks, no other servers involved (even if the server mentioned is a sister server). This is also how a server's player skill level is usually determined.

And lastly, you would have to factor in other things when you're not in an extremely cordinated event or so. One of the most important things? Making sure everyone has the same gear. This means that gamemodes like Skywars, Factions, and Prisons are automatically disqualified. In these gamemodes, players can earn all sorts of different things that make PvP different and custom for each player. This isn't bad, it just isn't balanced making it a bad way to find out who is the best PvPer on a certain server. Things like ping to a server (lower is better), FPS on their client (higher is better), PvP mods that can give you slight advantages (Toggle Sprint, Armor and Potion durability mods, etc), computer hardware (mouse, keyboard, mousepad (smaller ones can limit movement and make it hard to aim while other players may not encounter this problem) monitor, and more), settings, whether you hotkey or not, sensitivit, and much, much more.

Disclaimer: All things expressed and talked about above are my own opinions and not fact. Also, this was not posted to create drama, but more as a fun little post to express some thoughts I have had.

PS: I wasn't calling Puck out for not being a member of OPBlocks, I for one think he is, so please do not think I meant that.

PSS: Sorry about the really messy nature of this post, if I make more in the future I'll try to structure it better.

far9448

ang's two cents.

I do not think there is any one best PvPer. There are may ways of PvPing and frankly, even when those similar ways are used in a duel type fashion, many other factors must be counted in making it a hard decision. Also, there may be many people who qualify for this, but then they would have to duel in a tournament style and it would simply become much too complicated. Some people may also be afraid to nominate themselves as it would seem quite Caramel Appley.

First, you must figure out what makes the different types of skill sets and PvP types different. However, if we decide right off the bat, that for example; Gapple PvP with OP Armor is OPBlock's main style of PvP, then it would be much easier to choose a "best PvPer on OPBlocks". You could hold a small tournament (the contestants coming from a community vote) based on this server's PvP type and then the winner of that would then hold the title and newcomers to challenge the throne could just duel them.

Secondly- back to what I just said. The best PvPer on OPBlocks would have to be limited to just players on OPBlocks otherwise the title would have no point. Let's say the community says "Kingpin83 is the best PvPer ever!1!1" but he's from PrimeMC, how would this be relevant? We are talking about OPBlocks, and just OPBlocks, no other servers involved (even if the server mentioned is a sister server). This is also how a server's player skill level is usually determined.

And lastly, you would have to factor in other things when you're not in an extremely cordinated event or so. One of the most important things? Making sure everyone has the same gear. This means that gamemodes like Skywars, Factions, and Prisons are automatically disqualified. In these gamemodes, players can earn all sorts of different things that make PvP different and custom for each player. This isn't bad, it just isn't balanced making it a bad way to find out who is the best PvPer on a certain server. Things like ping to a server (lower is better), FPS on their client (higher is better), PvP mods that can give you slight advantages (Toggle Sprint, Armor and Potion durability mods, etc), computer hardware (mouse, keyboard, mousepad (smaller ones can limit movement and make it hard to aim while other players may not encounter this problem) monitor, and more), settings, whether you hotkey or not, sensitivit, and much, much more.

Disclaimer: All things expressed and talked about above are my own opinions and not fact. Also, this was not posted to create drama, but more as a fun little post to express some thoughts I have had.

PS: I wasn't calling Puck out for not being a member of OPBlocks, I for one think he is, so please do not think I meant that.

PSS: Sorry about the really messy nature of this post, if I make more in the future I'll try to structure it better.
Trying to one up Kry ex dee

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
ang's two cents.

I do not think there is any one best PvPer. There are may ways of PvPing and frankly, even when those similar ways are used in a duel type fashion, many other factors must be counted in making it a hard decision. Also, there may be many people who qualify for this, but then they would have to duel in a tournament style and it would simply become much too complicated. Some people may also be afraid to nominate themselves as it would seem quite Caramel Appley.

you still didn't answer my question bb <3

and you didn't have to write an essay ): im not an english teacher

dake

ang's two cents.

wait ...

y write this all tho

Status
Not open for further replies.