JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

we have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissehh

Resigned Meme
He would atleast bring lots of players :/
He brought the wrong type of community. Although the player count was high, it only reached its peak when he was online. With v4, we're hoping to keep a stable player base that is willing to play for more reasons than just to see a youtuber.

ShiroHibikii

Let's be real here, scamming being allowed has always been a thing since the early stages of prison. As Amazing has already said, prison is meant to be hardcore. It's how you manage and spend your money. If you call someone who says prison is supposed to be hardcore dumb, you are in the wrong. As for Crainer, Chrissy has explained it already, and i'm sure all the staff know why bringing back Crainer would just be a one way ticket to making the community worse. Crainer's fanbase come on the server JUST to see him, not out of interest for the server he is playing on or anything. JUST to see him.
oh im sorry mr calculator
I'm sorry what? Amazing was merely pointing out your mistake. And you don't even need a calculator to find out that less than your aforementioned "70% of the global rules" was changed. It's mere common sense.
I personally disagree with some of the rules you have on this server. Like where scamming is allowed, etc etc. This thread was more of a joke thread then one that was meant to waste your time. Thank you for actually going over it. If you want to move it to off topic go for it but I didn't mean for it to cause any trouble.
Excuse me? You now consider this a joke thread after saying all those kinds of nonsense? If Amazing replied to your "joke thread" you clearly just wasted his time when he could use the time replying to work on the server.
The fact that people lack the understanding of how prison actually works really worries me. If you get scammed and decide to leave, be my guest. I have been through so many scammers ever since the start of when I played prison. Scammers who attempted to scam me increased in v2, but I couldn't be bothered to report them unless they were doing it to other people other than me myself. If you have been playing OPBlocks or Prison a lot, you would know how there are 2 types of scammers:
- The blatant somewhat ******ed scammer which outright is easy to spot from the first message he sends you.
- Or someone who takes the time to set up a trap which is slightly harder to catch but with enough understanding of how everything works you can easily spot it.

It's either learn how prison works, or get scammed. Simple as that. It's not just mining and PvP, it's more than that.
in the time frame that @Zapexy was manager, he created the server with the help of junnk, and in the time that @Tuxx was manager he updated it twice so stop talking
Zapexy had Juunk (Sorta), Tuxx had Kish. Amazing had no one other than himself and the rest of the staff team. Sure the build could've been better if he didn't copy it from KitPvP, and well donor mines could have better mine builds other than just the same build with one block being the change in each mine but that's still pretty amazing.

by the way, you didn't make 4.0. you reset the player files and stole the map from kitpvp. and maybe you added like 3 or 4 more things but you didn't make it from scratch.
In his defense, if he didn't do all those things I highly doubt 4.0 would be released even now. I could be wrong since I don't know how server development works but that's just my opinion.

Minecraft servers now-a-days are a business that requires massive investments to sustain a health playerbase & community. Without people purchasing things on our store on a regular basis, we could not continue to advertise & create updates.

Hopefully I have adequately responded to all your concerns.
As Amazing said in the above quote, this is the main issue in Minecraft right now, especially in servers where the economy plays a big role in the server. In order to attract players to buy stuff from the store, most people would always want the things that make you rich and stuff. Only a few would go for cosmetics. That's why it's a hard task considering how to make the server less p2w while maintaining a steady income from players buying stuff.

IF by any chance, puck, you would like to educate me with your wisdom and high-quality knowledge of the server and the entirety of human existence and minecraft. Please do so in a PM.
~ Hibiki

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
i dont know why you are still trying so hard with this thread, i said it before. It was a joke and it wasn't meant to cause any trouble. i knew a few flame wars would start here and there but the entire thing was a joke, wasn't meant for you or amazing to take anything i say seriously.

ShiroHibikii

i dont know why you are still trying so hard with this thread, i said it before. It was a joke and it wasn't meant to cause any trouble. i knew a few flame wars would start here and there but the entire thing was a joke, wasn't meant for you or amazing to take anything i say seriously.
Trying so hard you say. Pathetic, you said it was a joke AFTER Amazing replied to it. Look at the way to replied and how serious the way you phrased the thread at first. The only reason why you said it was a "joke" after was because you didn't want the backlash, you don't want to accept you lost the argument and you didn't want to get banned. Although I don't think you would even mind getting banned in the first place.

CraftStarOr123

You are saying prisons should be hardcore. Thats true for some prison servers, but there is a reason this is called "OP"Blocks, meaning its an OP prisons not a hardcore one. True that scamming is a thing, but I honestly don't know any servers where scamming is allowed, even prison ones.
It might be a prisons server, but after all it is minecraft. Scamming is not something that should be done, and allowing that will lower the amount of players. Last week, there constantly were above 30 players on, right now if you look at the server, there are barely any more then 20 players on. Removing that rule made many players want to leave the server, since they don't wish to get scammed and lose something really important.
Making scamming allowed might even remove relationships, as if people are allowed to scam, some would try and scam their friends, making those people have trust issues, and keep everything to themselves since they don't want it to happen again. Making it bannable would "scare" some of those people from doing it, keeping their trust to each other.

Rizuri

Infamous Member
Trying so hard you say. Pathetic, you said it was a joke AFTER Amazing replied to it. Look at the way to replied and how serious the way you phrased the thread at first. The only reason why you said it was a "joke" after was because you didn't want the backlash, you don't want to accept you lost the argument and you didn't want to get banned. Although I don't think you would even mind getting banned in the first place.
I agree that the approach that Puck has taken to bring up this topic is wrong and immature but to be honest he has SOME valid points. Amazing may have brought updates and it was all by himself but the fact is that the results/outcome has still been unsatisfactory. The server is still dying/dead. For a successful server, you either need creativity or purpose which this server both lacks. Some people may think that being number one prestige or having the most money on a server where 40ppl play on is an achievement but tbh not really. Prestige has no satisfaction and mining is not fun. Freeworld is most definitely not worth the effort. PvP servers have elo which gives satisfaction to pvpers' as they feel that they are improving and they can boast about it. While in mini-games it is just generally fun to play. Why spend 3 hours mining when you can use that time to win about 50 skywars games? So basically no purpose. There is neither creativity. I know that prison servers are generally dying but there are new servers like one I recently found out about from a 10-year-old cousin of mine known as Cosmic prison or something like that. When I tried it, I felt the same way like I did here as I just generally hate mining. But then I realized that with the addition of prison guards and wardens added with an interesting space theme, it really attracts the attention of younger players. The fact is that fewer teenagers are playing Minecraft but there are still many 9-13-year-olds here playing. Most of them are childish and easily entertained with simple Pirate and Galaxy themes. The Candy theme was a horrible idea from the first place with nothing cool about it. It was not engaging and all it did was break pvp so that was not a good theme. Scamming, in my opinion, should never have been allowed and should remain that way. We are supposed to attract new, young players, not scare them away. "Scamming is hardcore" is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. Having integrity is more hardcore. Most Minecraft players right now as I previously said are very young and gullible. You, yourself said that you must have a lot of trust in someone to be scammed. Is the thought not completely disgusting that a child has so much trust and faith in you and you decide to take something he probably considers very valuable in his/her life since they probably have nothing better to do as they are still young? I don't see the harm encouraging some good moral values while having fun playing the game. There is no skill nor effort that goes into scamming. It just angers and discourages most people especially players who "have too much trust". Additionally, most young people and very impressionable and teaching them that scamming is better than an honest day's work isn't really advisable.

Nickname:a familiar or humorous name given to a person or thing instead of or as well as the real name.
There should be some rules implemented here. I agree that we should be able to choose our nicknames if they do not impersonate others, but allowing people to put any nickname they want will just arise to people having annoying or cringy nicknames with no purpose other than to piss you off even if it is still acceptable.

CraftStarOr123

I have played that faction server, and it was great fun. I quit because I lost my best pick, and you probably haven't played their much, but there was always those 1 or 2 gangs suiciding people in the mines. I lost a lot of stuff due to that and decided to quit (now that they have added wardens it is much harder to do that in lower tier mines, when I played there were only the normal guards, which if you take a sword only, you just hit a person a few times before the guard gets to you. Then you have a teammate who comes in and takes the loot). I am also waiting for another reset or another planet to come (whichever comes 1st) so I can restart, and not have to join a server where everyone is already full diamond and I can only wear leather/gold. The cosmic themes is a from their network, which the prisons server is the 2nd server on their network, 1st being their factions server. The owners are 2 big you tubers, which is most probably why it has that many players.

As I said, I agree nickname should be whatever we want, with some limitations, but scamming is too much. You said you barely deleted any of the rules, but that 10% was in about a week. In this pace we will be at that 70% of the rules gone in about 2 months.

@puck @ShiroHibikii @Amazing can we just all forget what happened recently? i don't like seeing players have beef with each other. plus, it wouldn't be a good environment to be in if everyone had a thing against some other player. Perhaps if nothing good is coming out of this, maybe lock the thread? if it does get locked and you guys still have something you want to say about this, bring it into pms. please.

alrightkthxbye

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
ok i only started saying it was a joke after amazing responded bc i couldn't be bothered to continue my point bc he will bring up complete bs facts. btw stop sucking off amazing k bye

what argument btw? Me and amazing were just discussing facts we disagree with. <3

also i am already perm banned for requested so before you fire shots at me how about you learn about what ur firing shots at <3

Last edited:

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
I agree that the approach that Puck has taken to bring up this topic is wrong and immature but to be honest he has SOME valid points. Amazing may have brought updates and it was all by himself but the fact is that the results/outcome has still been unsatisfactory. The server is still dying/dead. For a successful server, you either need creativity or purpose which this server both lacks. Some people may think that being number one prestige or having the most money on a server where 40ppl play on is an achievement but tbh not really. Prestige has no satisfaction and mining is not fun. Freeworld is most definitely not worth the effort. PvP servers have elo which gives satisfaction to pvpers' as they feel that they are improving and they can boast about it. While in mini-games it is just generally fun to play. Why spend 3 hours mining when you can use that time to win about 50 skywars games? So basically no purpose. There is neither creativity. I know that prison servers are generally dying but there are new servers like one I recently found out about from a 10-year-old cousin of mine known as Cosmic prison or something like that. When I tried it, I felt the same way like I did here as I just generally hate mining. But then I realized that with the addition of prison guards and wardens added with an interesting space theme, it really attracts the attention of younger players. The fact is that fewer teenagers are playing Minecraft but there are still many 9-13-year-olds here playing. Most of them are childish and easily entertained with simple Pirate and Galaxy themes. The Candy theme was a horrible idea from the first place with nothing cool about it. It was not engaging and all it did was break pvp so that was not a good theme. Scamming, in my opinion, should never have been allowed and should remain that way. We are supposed to attract new, young players, not scare them away. "Scamming is hardcore" is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. Having integrity is more hardcore. Most Minecraft players right now as I previously said are very young and gullible. You, yourself said that you must have a lot of trust in someone to be scammed. Is the thought not completely disgusting that a child has so much trust and faith in you and you decide to take something he probably considers very valuable in his/her life since they probably have nothing better to do as they are still young? I don't see the harm encouraging some good moral values while having fun playing the game. There is no skill nor effort that goes into scamming. It just angers and discourages most people especially players who "have too much trust". Additionally, most young people and very impressionable and teaching them that scamming is better than an honest day's work isn't really advisable.

Nickname:a familiar or humorous name given to a person or thing instead of or as well as the real name.
There should be some rules implemented here. I agree that we should be able to choose our nicknames if they do not impersonate others, but allowing people to put any nickname they want will just arise to people having annoying or cringy nicknames with no purpose other than to piss you off even if it is still acceptable.
the most well written response i have ever seen on a minecraft server

But everything you said is so true, i know the candy theme was supposed to be "original" or fun for "crainers viewers", but crainer doesn't play opblocks anymore and the theme of candy is just ridiculous. I think a candy theme would be good for younger players, but just as gwq said, scamming being allowed scares away younger players.

"Scamming is hardcore" is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard.
i totally agree - scamming isn't hardcore, scamming is lame. If you ever say that you think scamming is fun / should be allowed / even agree with it, well one you are setting a horrible example for the younger people you think play this server with the "candy theme", and two, what does that mean about you? Do you agree with robbing a bank? "Its hardcore"? I know this is just a game and it is not meant to set an example for real life, but you never know in this world

Status
Not open for further replies.