Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

we have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
okay so it has come to my attention that about 70% of the old rules have been completely disbanded. Nickname abuse is allowed, scamming is allowed, etc. I asked why and someone said that @Amazing said he was tired of it and couldn't be bothered. lol if thats true, child, you should not have taken the job away from @Zapexy or @Tuxx lmao they actually did stuff on the server. ik alex hired you, you didn't really take it away but why are you even manager when updates come about twice a year, staff applications are checked like once every 3 months, and people are allowed to do basically whatever they want? lol just hire more staff and bring back the old rules if you really wan't this server to actually have a reputation. bc atm opbs reputation is something like "do what you want when you want and get away with it"

Last edited:

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
also please get rid of candy and make this server less p2w
k thx

Criinge

okay so it has come to my attention that about 70% of the old rules have been completely disbanded. Nickname abuse is allowed, scamming is allowed, etc. I asked why and someone said that @Amazing said he was tired of it and couldn't be bothered. lol if thats true,

child. you should not have taken the job away from @Zapexy or @Tuxx lmao they actually did stuff on the server. ik alex hired you, you didn't really take it away but why are you even manager when updates come about twice a year, staff applications are checked like once every 3 months, and people are allowed to do basically whatever they want? lol just hire more staff and bring back the old rules if you really wan't this server to actually have a reputation. bc atm opbs reputation is something like "do what you want when you want and get away with it"
Scamming still isn't allowed

BazerKing

We already have /withdraw to secure /trades so scamming is reduced majorly. And we don't really need a punishment for nickname abuse as you can just /realname or hover over the nicked players name. But of course, you cannot impersonate staff or a YouTuber or have an inappropriate nickname etc.

CraftStarOr123

The nickname is fine, as it lets people have a little freedom, but I agree allowing scamming is just too much.
We already have /withdraw to secure /trades so scamming is reduced majorly. And we don't really need a punishment for nickname abuse as you can just /realname or hover over the nicked players name. But of course, you cannot impersonate staff or a YouTuber or have an inappropriate nickname etc.
There is /withdraw, but when you item a money note or put it in a trade, it shows $%amount%, not showing the real amount. If you trade someone for something that costs, for example, 50 million. You can't tell if its 1$ or 50 million.
And AH sometimes isn't the best way, since any person can look in AH and take it off, not letting their trade to work.

ShiroHibikii

I'm fine with both, it's prison, and it should STAY with the concept of PRISON. Scamming is easy to catch and people will learn to play it safe and be more protective of what they have. Not to be rude, but if you cannot notice the person is scamming you, you must clearly trust people too much. There is a reason why I don't even lend my pick or anything I have to other people, not even my best of friends. Nickname has a bit more freedom now and it has certain restrictions to what you can use as a nickname. And to be fair, I have worked with Zapexy and Tuxx already as staff in the past, both of them are just as lazy as Amazing internally. Only difference is Zapexy was a bit more hardworking but lacks the impact on the server. Amazing is much more open about his opinions, I like that but obviously people are going to manipulate his words saying he is a bad person etc. While I find the lack of content updates to justify that, Amazing is probably way past the point where he cares about Minecraft as a whole.
I really agree removing candy and making it less p2w tho, just ruins the entire server. Only problem is the lack of income they will have since most people spend their money on IGM/Crate Keys.

CraftStarOr123

Making it less p2w is hard. Every server I know is a p2w, and there is not much they can do about it. They need the money to keep the server running.
Candy is a fun concept, and removing it won't be as fun. Nerfing some candies would be fine, but not to completely remove it.
Its true its a prisons server, but after all it is minecraft, a kid friendly game. Scamming can teach younger kids that they can steal stuff and get away with it, ruining the concept of "kid friendly".

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
I'm fine with both, it's prison, and it should STAY with the concept of PRISON. Scamming is easy to catch and people will learn to play it safe and be more protective of what they have. Not to be rude, but if you cannot notice the person is scamming you, you must clearly trust people too much. There is a reason why I don't even lend my pick or anything I have to other people, not even my best of friends. Nickname has a bit more freedom now and it has certain restrictions to what you can use as a nickname. And to be fair, I have worked with Zapexy and Tuxx already as staff in the past, both of them are just as lazy as Amazing internally. Only difference is Zapexy was a bit more hardworking but lacks the impact on the server. Amazing is much more open about his opinions, I like that but obviously people are going to manipulate his words saying he is a bad person etc. While I find the lack of content updates to justify that, Amazing is probably way past the point where he cares about Minecraft as a whole.
I really agree removing candy and making it less p2w tho, just ruins the entire server. Only problem is the lack of income they will have since most people spend their money on IGM/Crate Keys.
everything that you said, I can understand, but just the pure fact that 70% of opblocks old rules have been ignored really brings down the amount of players that want to have fun on prime. Without rules and allowing people to do what they want, its never fun, ever.

Candy is a fun concept, and removing it won't be as fun. Nerfing some candies would be fine, but not to completely remove it.
Its true its a prisons server, but after all it is minecraft, a kid friendly game. Scamming can teach younger kids that they can steal stuff and get away with it, ruining the concept of "kid friendly".
I think candy was a cool idea when Crainer used to play. Now I think it is totally ridiculous and over powered. I think if opblocks made some changes to their pvp more people would enjoy it. Like i have said in so many suggestions, just make gapples easier to get. people camp out the blackmarket so that they have stacks and stacks of gapples but the people who still want to have fun on the server and actually have a life want to have fun too, but it is hard when people have a ton more gapples/candy. I think reducing candy and increasing gapples *cough* adding the damn thing to /store *cough* would make more people want to play the server.

Feels like this server is falling apart tbh...
pretty much.

Rizuri

Infamous Member
The server has always just fallen apart. Every time it was remade it just fell apart. And every fall is worse than the previous. Maybe it's time to wrap things up...

Amazing

retired mineman
okay so it has come to my attention that about 70% of the old rules have been completely disbanded.
I changed 2 rules, and there's 22 global in-game rules. That's 9.1%, nowhere near 70%.

Nickname abuse is allowed
People that have access to /nick, payed for it. It's ridiculous for there to be a rule limiting how relevant their nickname needs to be to their actual username. Players are still not allowed to have inappropriate nicknames or impersonate youtubers.

scamming is allowed, etc. I asked why and someone said that Amazing said he was tired of it and couldn't be bothered.
This is only somewhat true. I changed the rule on scamming for a few reasons;
  • As @ShiroHibikii mentioned, this is a prison server. I've never heard of a prison server that does not allow scamming, it's meant to be hardcore.
  • We have given players more than enough capability to avoid being scammed. If you're selling an item for in-game money, use /withdraw or auction it.. if you're trading an item for another item, use /trade. It shouldn't be that difficult to avoid being scammed.
  • As for me saying I can't be bothered with it - Most of these scams have elaborate stories behind them, have insufficient proof & have multiple people involved. Yes, I'm the manager, but I have more important things to spend my time on that will actually benifit the server rather than trying to be a scam detective.

lol if thats true, child
Not sure why you're calling me a child when I'm a legal adult in my country & 4 years older than you.

why are you even manager when updates come about twice a year
I've been manager since March 14th, so for about a month and a half now.
In that month and a half, i have:
So I'm not sure where you get this "twice a year" time frame.

staff applications are checked like once every 3 months
@Mochi is in charge of staff applications, she can accept/deny anyone she wants.

make this server less p2w
Minecraft servers now-a-days are a business that requires massive investments to sustain a health playerbase & community. Without people purchasing things on our store on a regular basis, we could not continue to advertise & create updates.

Hopefully I have adequately responded to all your concerns.

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
I changed 2 rules, and there's 22 global in-game rules. That's 9.1%, nowhere near 70%.
oh im sorry mr calculator
I've been manager since March 14th, so for about a month and a half now.
In that month and a half, i have:
in the time frame that @Zapexy was manager, he created the server with the help of junnk, and in the time that @Tuxx was manager he updated it twice so stop talking
I've never heard of a prison server that does not allow scamming, it's meant to be hardcore.
ok you're just dumb.
Made 4.0 without a full time developer to help me
by the way, you didn't make 4.0. you reset the player files and stole the map from kitpvp. and maybe you added like 3 or 4 more things but you didn't make it from scratch.

Amazing

retired mineman
oh im sorry mr calculator

in the time frame that @Zapexy was manager, he created the server with the help of junnk, and in the time that @Tuxx was manager he updated it twice so stop talking

ok you're just dumb.

by the way, you didn't make 4.0. you reset the player files and stole the map from kitpvp. and maybe you added like 3 or 4 more things but you didn't make it from scratch.
I actually took about 25 minutes to type out a well thought out response to this thread, and you hastily reply with ignorant & immature insults in 3 minutes.

The way you're acting really isn't helping the point you're trying to get across.

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
yea ok im not starting a flame war with the manager, thats a one way ticket to getting banned

anyways, sorry for the toxic response, i just don't even know with this server anymore.

Amazing

retired mineman
yea ok im not starting a flame war with the manager, thats a one way ticket to getting banned

anyways, sorry for the toxic response, i just don't even know with this server anymore.
I replied anticipating a civilized conversation and to voice my opinion, I'm not considering this a "flame war" as long as you stop with the unnecessary petty insults.

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
I replied anticipating a civilized conversation and to voice my opinion, I'm not considering this a "flame war" as long as you stop with the unnecessary petty insults.
ok lets have a civilized conversation

I personally disagree with some of the rules you have on this server. Like where scamming is allowed, etc etc. This thread was more of a joke thread then one that was meant to waste your time. Thank you for actually going over it. If you want to move it to off topic go for it but I didn't mean for it to cause any trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.