JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Announcement Return of Caramel

Saito

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Administrator
Hi everyone, I've got some exciting news today!

The Caramel Prison realm will be returning, and the current Prison realm will be labeled Lollipop, to fit with the original realm names!

The new spawn for Caramel is ready to go and we've got an awesome advertising partnership to bring many, many new players in.

Essentially, after the latest video series promotion with Jerome ended, he approached us about a new type of partnership. He wanted to start streaming on his main channel again, and he offered us a deal that made sense to try, but would require a brand new realm logistically. The plan is for approximately 10 streams per month, with each one being 4 hours long on the new Caramel Realm.

The main reasons for doing this on a new realm are the following:

1) The original community will most likely not want to deal with the chaos that comes from such large stream viewership and especially for the 4 hour duration multiple times a week. We want to give the original Season 11 players a chance to keep the calm and quiet community we've built over the last 2 months without forcing this aggressive advertising style on them.

2) We expect Jerome's streams to bring in a crazy amount of players given that he would get up to 5,000 live viewers the last time he tried streaming. Plus, with the current state of the world and everyone being home, he's likely to pull much larger numbers than that. We simply can't hold that many players on the original realm in addition to the existing community.

3) Financially it makes the most sense to let him start on a fresh map. This opportunity, while amazing, will come at an incredibly high price for us. We believe he needs his own fresh realm for us to have the chance to make back the investment without taking a big loss that would set the whole network back months of advertising. As I've said many times before I do not personally make any profit from OPBlocks, and haven't since I started working on it back in July of 2019. I am not doing this for my own gain, but to grow the community, and hopefully one day I'll be able to get some pay back for all the work I've been putting in daily since we took over OPBlocks.

That being said, this will be a separate realm from Lollipop Prison, meaning your donor ranks and item purchases will not carry over. We hope you understand this is for the best result possible and not for financial gain on my part or anyone else's part. Donor ranks have always been separate between realms on OPBlocks in the past, and I feel that it is fair to continue this and it makes the most sense given the circumstances. I hope you all understand why we feel this way and the necessity for this scenario of advertising.

So... when will Caramel be opening?

There is a tentative release date of April 3rd, pending Jerome's schedule and a few other factors, but it's also very possible that we will wait and release it on April 8th. I wish I had a set-in-stone date for you right now, but due to the nature of the streaming partnership I can't provide one. We want to launch the realm on the same day he is ready to start streaming for the best results. I will update this post with the official launch date and time as soon as we know for sure.

Thank you all for reading! Hope everyone is holding up strong during this worldwide pandemic. Thank you for spending your time being a part of our lovely community, and I hope you'll give this new realm a try :)

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
Super excited! Looking forward to trying a new realm.

In previous versions one realm was more OP then the other one, will this be the case for Caramel?

Saito

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Administrator
Super excited! Looking forward to trying a new realm.

In previous versions one realm was more OP then the other one, will this be the case for Caramel?
Both realms will be the same code base on launch, with the only differences being the community and the map. In future updates this may change if the community wants it to.

ItMiNe

Hey, I have a quick question, I will the Lollipop realm continue to be updated? Also I appreciate how instead of resetting Lollipop or re-branding it you decided to make a new one and preserve the current players sanity. I hope that with the launch of Caramel Lollipop wont die out. Anyway thanks Saito and the entire staff team for making one of my favorite servers ever.