Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

heyimkrislyn's Staff Application ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So I spent a stupid amount of time on this application to end up not even wanting to apply. But I just want to post it for criticism so I can improve my application writing I guess xc. So if you want to critique it pls treat it like a proper application and give me all the criticism ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Side note - this application was made during V4, so some aspects aren't up to date or accurate.
Member Name
Krislyn

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?
Yes, I do meet all of the mandatory requirements.
1. You must be 14 years or older. This is a recommended age however if you show maturity in your application then you will be considered
For a number of reasons, I do not release my age to the general public. This is covered more in depth further into my application.

2. Your ban/mute/warn history must be either clean or relatively clean within the last month.
My punishment history is completely clean.

3. You must not use a VPN while connecting on the server, the server forum, or the server’s teamspeak. Doing so will result in an instant application denial.
I never use a VPN when I connect to any part of the OPBlocks Network.

4. You may not ask a staff member to view your application. Doing so will result in an instant application denial.
From the moment I am writing this, I promise to myself that I will not ask any staff member to view my application. I’m sure I would keep up with this as I do not wish to suffer the consequences.

5. You must be able to record. Failure to be able to record will result in an instant application denial.
I am able to record. This is covered in more detail further into my application.

6. You must have 30+ post and have been on forums for at least a week.
I have posted at least thirty times and I joined the forums on July 6, 2016. I have not been active throughout my entire time registered on the forums, but I have been active for about the last two and a half months.

Player Information

IGN
heyimkrislyn

Previous IGN(s)
BaeTime is the only previous username on this account. You can view the full name history for my account here.

Timezone
I am not comfortable releasing this information to the public. A decent amount of individuals on the staff team are aware of what timezone I fall in, however, if any other staff members would like this information please PM me.

I am not comfortable releasing my age to the public, however, I can say I do at least meet the required age. As I stated above, a decent amount of individuals of the staff team do know this information, but any staff member who does not know and would like to can PM me.

Donor Rank
I have the CandyKing rank.

Application

What realm do you play on?
As there is no longer multiple realms, I play on the default server.

What times are you most often online?
(All times are under Eastern Standard Time)

Monday: 10 p.m. - 4 a.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 p.m. - 4 a.m.
Wednesday: 10 p.m. - 4 a.m.
Thursday: 8:30 p.m. - 4 a.m.
Friday: 10 p.m. - 4 a.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 1 p.m. - 6 a.m.

The times listed represent a general range of when I can be found on the server. I will not always be on for the full time listed due to factors such as homework, eating, and other necessary activities. Sometimes there are real-life things I must attend to. This will interfere with the amount of time I will be able to contribute to the server on that specific day. Despite everything, I try to be active on the server for at least two hours a day.

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
Yes. I've been banned on two servers for chargeback. I was banned on both servers in the beginning of 2016.

On the first server, I charged back to get away from the server. To say the least, I held on to the server while there was a lot of drama involving me. Also, I was spending an immense amount of money on this server. At the time I had a rather bad habit of impulse buying ranks, perks, and items on the server. Charging back was the quickest way to get myself banned and away from the toxicity surrounding me. That server also took up a very large portion of my life. Saying that another reason to get myself banned as soon as possible was to get my life on a better track.

Despite being banned on the second server for over a year and a half, I have only discovered I was banned on the server about a month ago. I never bought anything on this server, nor did I play the server for a prolonged amount of time. Saying that, I’m rather confused as to why I’m banned. However, I don’t have a desire to be unbanned, so I don’t see a reason for going through the trouble of appealing.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
I have had three different experiences with server moderation and staffing.

During my first staffing position, I became a moderator on a small server. It was a server which happened to be run by a friend of mine. Due to my friend being Owner I almost automatically got the position. Which staff were picked was definitely bias from my eyes. However, in the end, this experience helped me learn a lot of the basic commands and attributes needed to be staff on a server. I ended up resigning from the server because there was no longer an active player base. I began as staff around late August of 2015 and resigned from the position in early October of the same year.

My second time being staff on a server was on a server that was mainly focused around factions, but there was a decent sized prison community. My time as staff on this server taught me how to deal with a much larger player base, how to react properly to immature/rude players, and how to stay calm in heated situations. Continuing on, I feel like this experience gave me a better idea of how a constructed staff team runs. However, I ended up resigning from my position in less than two weeks. The server’s staff team was too stressful for me to handle at the time. There was between 110 to 130 staff members at a time. Saying that, it was incredibly difficult for a new helper to communicate with higher staff. Also, they would talk bad about each other behind their backs, bully/harass other staff/members, and they were very biased. To say the least that particular staff team was not for me.

My third staffing position was as a helper on a prison server. The server recently opened at the time and had a small player base. On the server, I really got to see how a server starts. Since this server did open recently I’m getting to see all of the flaws that come with a server. I’m also getting to see what builds a good server, what qualities make up good lasting staff members, and some strategies owner's use for their staff team and their server. On this server, there is a small staff team that is in contact often with each other and that showed me that it is important to make sure all of your staff are active and committed to their position. Unfortunately, I did need to resign from this position for personal reasons.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?
Yes, I do have a working microphone and I am active on the OPBlocks teamspeak. Currently, I am not as active on the teamspeak as I used to be or should be. However, if a player ever needed help on teamspeak, I could easily get on as long as I am available at that time.

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
Yes, I am able to record and here is an example recording to display my quality. There are some points in the video where I am laggy due to my ping to the server. However, for the majority of the time, I can record without any discrepancies. Also, in the mining section of this video, I had an application open that I rarely have running. So, I'm sure both my poor connection and lack of CPU dedicated to Minecraft contributed to the laggy bits featured in the video.
(Edit: this video is lowkey absolute trash lmao. my computer is a potato. also this video was made when it was V4 so this isn't all that accurate/up to date.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?

To start, helping people is something I love to do. I believe I try to help players whenever I can and I believe it is a natural instinct for me. If I were to be a member of the staff team I think I would be able to contribute much more to the community. I would be able to instantly punish players, instead of making a report or messaging a staff member to have the player punished. Also, I think having another individual that players can look at for reliable information and/or help would be beneficial for the community. I love the community and I would love the opportunity to make a difference.

Moreover, I would like to become staff so I can help the server become a better place. Due to timezones and other factors, there isn’t always a staff member online. The amount of free time I have and my timezone would allow me to be online when no other staff member is able to get on at that time.

Continuing on, I believe my past staffing experience would make me an exceptional addition to the staff team. Since I have been a part of a variety of staff teams I feel like I have a good understanding of how to be a productive staff member. Also, my past experience has left me with a decent amount of knowledge and I believe I can use that knowledge to help OPBlocks excel.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
In either situation, I would want to be given a reason as to why I was either denied or demoted, so I can make sure to never do what I did wrong again or I can improve myself. I’m the type of person that would rather be denied with a very well detailed reason so I can better myself for the future than be accepted. This is because I feel like if you are accepted with no reasoning or there is no noticeable flaw pointed out you might feel like you have reached your fullest potential as a staff member/application writer and you may not want to improve anymore. I believe there is always room to improve, so I would take being denied/demoted as a chance to learn more about my limits and abilities.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
I’ve had to grow a pretty thick skin with some other things being said to me on different servers and even on OPBlocks. I personally would not take into account anything excessively rude they say and I would try to block it out, however, it all depends on how the individual words what they say.
For example if a player said, “***** Krislyn she’s such a ***** helper”, I wouldn’t let that comment affect me, however, I would have the user punished accordingly and I would try to talk to them about why whatever they did was a valid reason for them to be punished.

On the other hand if I wasn’t able to be on the server and I informed higher staff and a player said, “Dang, I haven’t seen Krislyn on in ages, she should be on more :/” I would learn from this to make sure that if I’m not going to be on for a while to inform the general public, so there are no misunderstandings of the situation. Another situation would be if a player respectfully called me out on being a bad staff member, but had a reasoning I would take what they said and try to use it to improve my performance as staff.

If I were to be bullied by other members I would automatically disregard all their comments and take the situation to higher staff to find the correct punishment they should receive for their actions. Staff or not I believe anyone should contact higher staff if they are being bullied or harassed. I was personally harassed on OPBlocks previously and I was lucky enough to have the support of some staff members to bring a stop to the harassment. If you are being bullied or harassed you shouldn’t be afraid to talk to staff about it to have something done.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?
I have made one prior OPBlocks staff application prior to this application.

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
I’m not exactly sure when I posted my first application, but I assume it was in early to mid-December of 2015. This application was posted during the first version of the server before the server was shut down and the forums reset, so I’m not able to get proof of the application.

Is there anything else we should know?

Here is a list of pros and cons to summarize my application. There is some information included that aren’t included anywhere else in my application.

Pros​
  • All requirements are met
  • Active across the entire OPBlocks Network
  • Past staffing experience
  • Clean punishment history
  • Willing to be a helpful assistant to staff
  • Average of 40-50 WPM (Words Per Minute)
  • Availability
  • Computer
  • Timezone
Cons​
  • Occasional unexpected schedule interferences
  • Permanently banned on two servers
  • School
  • Extracurricular activities
  • Internet
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my application! I hope you enjoyed it and would consider me as a worthy candidate for staff here on OPBlocks.

Krislyn

Last edited:

timeflies

Infamous Member
By far, one of the top applications I’ve seen in a while, like I said before, when you feel ready, feel free to apply. You’d make a good staff member in my eyes c:

Rizuri

Infamous Member
From the 25% of it that I actually managed to read, I would say that you would make a great staff memebet +1

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
:^)

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
Yes. I've been banned on two servers for chargeback.
I know people have been accepted that have also been banned before but chargeback just shows you aren't very mature and don't care for the server.

Also, you didn't list what the servers were / called and you don't have proof of being staff on either of them
Active across the entire OPBlocks Network
How can you be active across the entire network when there is only one server? Lying on your app??!?!

over all you are nice but stupid and also like you do things for items in game wdake can confirm

-1 egirl

https://prnt.sc/h3oxbh And 40 posts......Seems awfully close to the minimum
I just used EST because it seems like a timezone everyone knows and it's kind of the timezone the server goes off of. For example when they announce an event, like the drop party that happened earlier today, they usually give the time the event will occur in EST.
Also, I can assure you my post count would be higher from more player reports, but after a while I just sent any proof I had directly to a staff member as it was easier for everyone. Other than player reports I don't really post around on the forums, but I'm on pretty frequently ;p.