Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one day, this guy that went by a name that is something like "asdasasasdasdasd" got onto OPBlocks. It was around 8:00 in the morning, and no staff members were on. Only about 8 people including me were active on Chat. But then came asdasdasdasd.
"---------<>-------" he typed.
"Ok" I say.
"Come join mc.minesharp.net" He says
"Kk" I say.
He then repeats the 2 messages that he just said. And then repeats again... and again....AND AGAIN
The whole chat was crazy now. asdasdasdsad would not stop spamming, and we were all getting pretty annoyed. I promptly /ignore him, but some others don't (I don't know why). So, what do 8 people do when no staff are on and we are annoyed by a spammer? We join the server he is spamming!
A whole army joins mc.minesharp.net and just start spamming:
Yo! Come join play.opblocks.com!!!! So fun!!!!
Ayyy hello! We are getting spammed, so how about you guys get a spam! Come to play.opblocks.com!!!
Does anyone here like lettuce? Come to play.opblocks.com!

We all got banned pretty fast though, so we didn't really get to see any reactions. Btw, the messages that I put above wasn't exactly what we typed (obviously). I mean who advertises with lettuce?!

So anyway, what would you guys have done in this situation? Just /ignored, or build a spam army? :D:D
Thanks for reading ;)

If I wasnt a staff I would do /chatreport [name] and make a player report (Can be found here). Now that I am staff I would do /ban [name] Advertising :)

If I wasnt a staff I would do /chatreport [name] and make a player report (Can be found here). Now that I am staff I would do /ban [name] Advertising :)
Yeah, I would have done that, but someone in the chat said that the already reported him so I didn't bother. Thanks though!

WhyShouldIEver

I did this on Prime and when I went to apply people kept criticizing me because I did the same thing back lol.

Though, I'm actually glad you did this xD #SpamArmy

DdubsRulez2

Infamous Member
You might want to edit out that server name just incase as you might get warned for that.
Anyway I bet the reaction was funny even though you didn't get to see it ;-;

You might want to edit out that server name just incase as you might get warned for that.
Anyway I bet the reaction was funny even though you didn't get to see it ;-;
A mod already viewed this and didn't say anything about the server IP, so I think im in the clear. Thx for your concern though :)

FencingGreyhound

I did almost the same thing on Wednesday. A spam bot got on and I made a report and a post. Then I went to the server and was taking with an owner who said it wasn't them sending the bots. While I was talking with him another staff muted me with the msg "If you are gonna talk B*******, suck a D***." I reported it on their fourms and was banned of there by the same staff that muted me while I was talking. So for future reference, never join minesharp.

Chrissehh

Resigned Meme
Does anyone here like lettuce? Come to play.opblocks.com!

legendary advertising 11/10 ^^

Anyways if this is to happen again, please do take screenshots or post a /chatreport (name) (as said by @Cowie). I understand that staff may be offline at various times, due to varied timezones, but if urgent feel free to message me through discord/forums/teamspeak.

Status
Not open for further replies.