PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Rumored updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finnoybu

Sooo... an unnamed source seemed to indicate we're getting an update in the not-to-distant future. Wanna see what we can get staff to tell us about this? :)

#OPBv2.1

xFlied

Dedicated Member
Sooo... an unnamed source seemed to indicate we're getting an update in the not-to-distant future. Wanna see what we can get staff to tell us about this? :)

#OPBv2.1
#OPBv2.1
#BringANon****pyYoutuber
#IUsed****pyBecauseIWould'veBeenWarnedForUsingTheS-Word

#CoolkishOPBMessiah

Jerreinemy

There's only like 2 staff members u can actually get info about the update from, I'm not going to say there names, but from the sound it's going to be small stuff and some major stuff...

xFlied

Dedicated Member
There's only like 2 staff members u can actually get info about the update from, I'm not going to say there names, but from the sound it's going to be small stuff and some major stuff...
Would an active youtuber be a small thing or a huge thing, because I really hope we get an active youtuber. Sadly no server survives without them.

#OPBv2.1
I can confirm that we are getting a update! I was playing while Red was on last night (pretty late) and he was talking about us getting a update! Hope this helped. #OPBv2.1 - Chicken

finnoybu

Would an active youtuber be a small thing or a huge thing, because I really hope we get an active youtuber. Sadly no server survives without them.
If a server can't survive with an active YouTuber, it can't survive. Bad business model to rely solely on outside advertising

finnoybu

AKA current OPB... Maybe it was just crainer's audience that made the server look so big.
Nothing wrong with having a popular YouTuber to gain an audience, but to rely on it is bad. I've heard that the population soars after Crainer does a vid. v2 isn't ready for that.

The best way for OPB to grow is for the community to give constructive criticism back to staff & hope they act on it. *We* are essentially OPBs future, right? We're helping build what OPB will become. We fund (somewhat) through donations, we improve gameplay through user feedback, we bring in new players by promoting the site on YT and elsewhere.

That's why I don't understand the toxicity that some people bring. They're gonna be the OG one day - the legends of OPBv2 - and they waste that opportunity on petty stuff.

Whew. Guess I had that bottled up for a bit. Sorry for the rant. :D

Jerreinemy

Nothing wrong with having a popular YouTuber to gain an audience, but to rely on it is bad. I've heard that the population soars after Crainer does a vid. v2 isn't ready for that.

The best way for OPB to grow is for the community to give constructive criticism back to staff & hope they act on it. *We* are essentially OPBs future, right? We're helping build what OPB will become. We fund (somewhat) through donations, we improve gameplay through user feedback, we bring in new players by promoting the site on YT and elsewhere.

That's why I don't understand the toxicity that some people bring. They're gonna be the OG one day - the legends of OPBv2 - and they waste that opportunity on petty stuff.

Whew. Guess I had that bottled up for a bit. Sorry for the rant. :D
its hard to be a ogv2 lol if ur already a OG this server is dieing, I know it is I said 1.5 months ago I give it 2 months,,, there's only a hand full of Og's left, I just wish it would go back to the way v1 was....

finnoybu

its hard to be a ogv2 lol if ur already a OG this server is dieing, I know it is I said 1.5 months ago I give it 2 months,,, there's only a hand full of Og's left, I just wish it would go back to the way v1 was....
I've seen first hand what software development is like & a few months to work out the first round of bugs is nothing. I don't know how much beta testing there was, but I'm sure it was just enough to get the server up and ready for release. From there, you fix bugs & add minor features. Once it's stable & the team has the framework down, you start to see monthly releases.

Remember that when you first start, funds are tight and resources are low. As that changes, so will the environment.

Hang in for the first 3 months. Then re-evaluate where OPBv2 is. If bugs aren't fixed by then, there's a bigger issue.

IMHO, of course. :D

Mutah

Dedicated Member
What about hypixel it has no main youtuber they have. I mean youtubers that have over a million subscribers and do it about once a week. Tell me if im wrong

ShiroHibikii

The only thing confirmed by the staff so far is the economy rework (NOT RESET). Although all I heard is the update is going to be "huge", don't take my word entirely though xd

Jerreinemy

I've seen first hand what software development is like & a few months to work out the first round of bugs is nothing. I don't know how much beta testing there was, but I'm sure it was just enough to get the server up and ready for release. From there, you fix bugs & add minor features. Once it's stable & the team has the framework down, you start to see monthly releases.

Remember that when you first start, funds are tight and resources are low. As that changes, so will the environment.

Hang in for the first 3 months. Then re-evaluate where OPBv2 is. If bugs aren't fixed by then, there's a bigger issue.

IMHO, of course. :D
Lol see I could see this if it was v1, but no it's v2 see they had v1 right, but they didn't care, so now we got v2......

ShiroHibikii

The part where Jerreinemy said there are a handful of OGs left is somewhat true. Although some of the OGs are actually willing to come back to the server when the server changes in the right direction. I'm really frustrated at the amount of people saying they want V1 back. I know it's selfish of me to say that but it's like telling a government to go back to their past when they want things to change. Give it a little bit more time and maybe you will change your perspective on the server. No server is perfect, the developers have lives and other servers to manage. Now that Prime has somewhat settled with their Skyblock reset, I can see the update might be coming soon unless they choose to neglect this server and just work on Prime Prison 5.0.

The part where Jerreinemy said there are a handful of OGs left is somewhat true. Although some of the OGs are actually willing to come back to the server when the server changes in the right direction. I'm really frustrated at the amount of people saying they want V1 back. I know it's selfish of me to say that but it's like telling a government to go back to their past when they want things to change. Give it a little bit more time and maybe you will change your perspective on the server. No server is perfect, the developers have lives and other servers to manage. Now that Prime has somewhat settled with their Skyblock reset, I can see the update might be coming soon unless they choose to neglect this server and just work on Prime Prison 5.0.
I'm a OG and I still love this server the way it is, but some people want it the way they wan't it and that's that. :/

Jerreinemy

Lol I will never change my perspective on the server, you should know if ur an OG, but I guess not....

Elijeh

This update is going to be fanTasTiC. I really hope to see it be released before the beginning of November or better yet, on Halloween. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.