0 Players Online

Podsea's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Podsea

Member Name
Podsea / HailPodsea

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

IGN
HailPodsea

Previous IGN(s)
https://namemc.com/profile/HailPodsea/a29c
Changing back to Podsea soon

Timezone
GMT + 00:00

Donor Rank
Hoarder

Application

What realm do you play on?
Currently I play on lollipop, I probably won't play on any others as I've always played on lollipop and have only tested on Caramel a bit back in v1, but other than that I've never had the desire to go onto other servers. If needed I happily will staff on others.

What times are you most often online?
Monday
5-9:30PM
Tuesday
5-9PM
Wednesday
7-8:45PM
Thursday
5-9:30PM
Friday
5-10PM
Saturday
Any time
Sunday
Any time

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
Yes, I've been banned on a few for hacking, but that was when I was messing around with other people from OPBlocks and we've maybe had a bit too much fun, such as on Hypixel I was temp banned for flying around the map and throwing eggs. :/

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
I was once admin on a server with a number ip, it never had an official name and I got banned from it for 'grieving' despite doing nothing of the sort and I don't know if this servers still running but if I could get my rank back on there and continue staffing, then I certainly would as I enjoyed it.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?
It doesn't sound familiar to me as I now prioritise school over anything else as I wasn't doing very well a while back and if I did catch myself in this situation then I'd log off or afk and go do any work needed, I may check back time to time but not for over 5 minutes because schoolwork should come over games.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

I have a working microphone and I will get team speak if you want me to.

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
Yes. I can use Bandicam and record in 720p

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
I've been playing OPBlocks for a long time, and I've seen a lot happen during the times that staff aren't on, like people spamming chat, hacking, being rude, etc. Also I feel like I would be a good staff member as recently I've become a lot less toxic. My final reason is that I feel I could bring some good things to OPBlocks like patches, fixing bugs, etc. I think people can talk to be if they need help too as quite a few people are really good friends with me and anyone who I do not get along with can work it out with me

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
If it was denied then I might re apply in the future because I would really enjoy staffing on here, this is one of the only servers I play on now and it would make me play more as a staff.
If I was demoted I would be fine, maybe re apply in the near future if I enojoyed staffing.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
At first I'd give them a verbal warning, then an actual warning, then a mute, if it was little jokes I wouldn't mind as long as they're not rude. Even if I hold a grudge against someone then I would not abuse my powers and mute them or warn them for petty things that nobody else would mute or warn them for.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?

Is there anything else we should know?
I don't mind if this is denied, I'm not really thinking it will be accepted as I'm lacking a lot.
I've began to get along with people a lot more now as I'm settling into the community and the forums.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Owl

Dedicated Member
-1 You are completely immature, you post farmed, you were disrespectful to staff, and you are complete inappropriate. You also don't seem to have enough time for staffing on the server other than the weekends.

LightSome

Infamous Member
Why post it if you're not going to give it 110%?
To be staff you need to show passion, enthusiasm and a sense of confidence which you didn't show, Consider what you could add to you're application eg:

Pros and cons of you
Perosnal qualities
What you would bring to the staff team

You are a active player and do show a sense of maturity in game how ever you did not put that forward in you're application.
I suggest editing it, if you are indeed serious about the position.

Mochi

мocнι ♥
Hello there,
Decent application, but it lacks in a massive amount of detail. Currently, if I were to look at your staff application real quickly, I would assume you had only spent 10-20 minutes on it. Detail, of course, does not need to be excessive, but we need some to understand your motive and what type of staff member you would be.

Also, I noticed that you have a lack of dedication.
As shown here, you were planning on quitting for reasons like disliking the staff, disliking other players and more. We do not want staff members who have something against other players/staff which will usually lead to biased punishments.

In addition, your punishment is very lengthy.
You have a very recent mute as shown here. I would recommend waiting for a month or so for your warning/mutes to pass by. However, your last mute was only a week ago and it shows that you will most likely break a rule again. You also have abused your nickname and caused them to be removed from you as shown here. Having a very long punishment list is very bad for an staff applications because staff members are supposed to be examples for players to follow.
On top of that, you have received a 5 day tempban on forums for reaching more than 5 warning points. Not a very good look on your application.

Good luck anyways.

for the past fe days i have been unbanned from i have NOT seen you once so i cannot really judge if you would be good or not for the staff team but i have to give -1 because of the lack of time that you can be online in weekdays (Mon-Fri) and judge by @JustAOwl 's reply you don't seem to be up to the expectations that a staff member should be. from Owl's reply you don't seem like the nicest geuy but anyways i can't say much apart from i have not seen you on once so yeah I'm leaving you a -1

LightSome

Infamous Member
for the past fe days i have been unbanned from i have NOT seen you once so i cannot really judge if you would be good or not for the staff team but i have to give -1 because of the lack of time that you can be online in weekdays (Mon-Fri) and judge by @JustAOwl 's reply you don't seem to be up to the expectations that a staff member should be. from Owl's reply you don't seem like the nicest geuy but anyways i can't say much apart from i have not seen you on once so yeah I'm leaving you a -1
Yes I agree,we need active staff members since there is a influx of new players asking questions however don't judge players from other players comments, make you're own opinions on the player since others judgments can be wrong.
Also check you're grammar and spelling please it will make it easier to read in future.

PS I'm in school so mines not perfect tbh.

Last edited:
P

Podsea

-1 You are completely immature, you post farmed, you were disrespectful to staff, and you are complete inappropriate. You also don't seem to have enough time for staffing on the server other than the weekends.
How would you know if I'm immature seeing as the last time me and you were online at the same time was v1, so don't get too ahead of yourself.
I got you wifi back on Friday and I've already got the loyalty reward, I haven't been afking much so you're likely to be in a different time zone?
Yes I agree,we need active staff members since there is a influx of new players asking questions however don't judge players from other players comments, make you're own opinions on the player since others judgments can be wrong.
Also check you're grammar and spelling please it will make it easier to read in future.

PS I'm in school so mines not perfect tbh.
Thank you :)
Jeez Owl! (tho i completely agree)
You can't agree with some stuff seeing as I don't even know who you are nor have I seen you online.
hes joking, he's a friend of mine.
Hello there,
Decent application, but it lacks in a massive amount of detail. Currently, if I were to look at your staff application real quickly, I would assume you had only spent 10-20 minutes on it. Detail, of course, does not need to be excessive, but we need some to understand your motive and what type of staff member you would be.

Thanks Mochi, I know I've done bad stuff and I will improve, this wasn't a serious application as I said.
Why post it if you're not going to give it 110%?
To be staff you need to show passion, enthusiasm and a sense of confidence which you didn't show, Consider what you could add to you're application eg:

Pros and cons of you
Perosnal qualities
What you would bring to the staff team

You are a active player and do show a sense of maturity in game how ever you did not put that forward in you're application.
I suggest editing it, if you are indeed serious about the position.
I will edit.

LightSome

Infamous Member
Good response podsea nice and mature. How ever read through you're application since there are still some errors such as 'wouldn't mind as long as it's a joke but I too serious about little things' this to me doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
I strongly suggest in reviewing it again reading it out loud and listening out for any mistakes, read it like you had never heard it since are mind automatically corrects spelling/grammar while reading for us.

Good luck,
Savage

P

Podsea

Good response podsea nice and mature. How ever read through you're application since there are still some errors such as 'wouldn't mind as long as it's a joke but I too serious about little things' this to me doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
I strongly suggest in reviewing it again reading it out loud and listening out for any mistakes, read it like you had never heard it since are mind automatically corrects spelling/grammar while reading for us.

Good luck,
Savage
thanks, I'm not actually going to get staff :p I'm not good enough xD but I will re apply if denied in a month or so

Status
Not open for further replies.