PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

How To Get More FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

soyup

Some players get lag because their PC can't handle the blocks breaking so fast or there are too many players at the same mine. So, I created this tutorial in hopes of helping those who can barely play the game.

1. Install the OptiFine mod, it boosted my game so much. I went from 150 - 200 FPS to 250 - 400 (Singleplayer)

2. Allocate more memory to Java.

It helps a little bit, but helps even more if you're using a resource pack.

3. Download Razer Game Booster, this helped me a lot too, it suspends processes and free's up more disk space.

4. Download Advanced System Care. This, in my opinion, is best tool to gain more memory.

5. Customize your settings to get lower FPS. Click here for the video.

6. Add more RAM to Minecraft. Do -Xmx(number of RAM you have)G

7. You can use smaller texture packs like an 8x8 one or a 4x4 to reduce the lag.

8. Uninstalling programs also helped me. You can uninstall useless programs or programs you don't use anymore to get more disk space which can boost your FPS.

9. This step is from WhyShouldIEver. You can also boost your FPS by deleting running programs in the background. Do "ctrl + alt + delete" at the same time. Then click on Task Manager. After you've done that, close all the running programs that you don't need.

If this helped, make sure to leave a rating ;)

Last edited:

1GN

I had already done the rest, but like 2 days ago I installed OptFine, and it gave my fps a boost from 70-80 fps to 450-500 fps, I do not know how, but who cares, it is better!!!

WhyShouldIEver

This is an awesome tutorial! Also, another way to boost your FPS is to close running programs in the background by pressing 'ctrl + alt +delete' at the same time. Then click on 'task manager'. After you have done that, close running programs that you do not need. Hope this helped!

soyup

This is an awesome tutorial! Also, another way to boost your FPS is to close running programs in the background by pressing 'ctrl + alt +delete' at the same time. Then click on 'task manager'. After you have done that, close running programs that you do not need. Hope this helped!
Thank you! All add that to the list ;)

Hungered

I've done all these tips already lol but nevertheless, this should be able to help out others that have really bad fps. Hope to see more tutorials like this in the future.

CowOfSteel

sexy swede
Another tip is rightclick your desktop and click "Show" Then click "Show desktopicons" Then do that when you want them back.

Cofee

Nice tutorial! Anyway could you make on for Mac users? It would help us out.
If you have an old macbook air/ macbook pro, you're doomed.
Macbook laptops are not made for gaming and the maximum fps you can get on it is 80, that's if you use optifine, modify video settings and don't play on full screen. Otherwise, you'll get 30-60.

If you have the iMac PC which is amazing for gaming, you don't need to improve. I have the iMac 27" and I get 250fps without optifine and in full screen.

Unfortunately, the downloads listed in this thread are not supported on mac, so the only way to get higher fps is using optifine to modify the video settings, and never using full screen mode. Also, make sure you don't have many applications or windows opened at the same time you are playing (if you have a Macbook Pro/Air), It decreases fps sometimes.

Ngb9

Some players get lag because their PC can't handle the blocks breaking so fast or there are too many players at the same mine. So, I created this tutorial in hopes of helping those who can barely play the game.

1. Install the OptiFine mod, it boosted my game so much. I went from 150 - 200 FPS to 250 - 400 (Singleplayer)

2. Allocate more memory to Java.

It helps a little bit, but helps even more if you're using a resource pack.

3. Download Razer Game Booster, this helped me a lot too, it suspends processes and free's up more disk space.

4. Download Advanced System Care. This, in my opinion, is best tool to gain more memory.

5. Customize your settings to get lower FPS. Click here for the video.

6. Add more RAM to Minecraft. Do -Xmx(number of RAM you have)G

7. You can use smaller texture packs like an 8x8 one or a 4x4 to reduce the lag.

8. Uninstalling programs also helped me. You can uninstall useless programs or programs you don't use anymore to get more disk space which can boost your FPS.

9. This step is from WhyShouldIEver. You can also boost your FPS by deleting running programs in the background. Do "ctrl + alt + delete" at the same time. Then click on Task Manager. After you've done that, close all the running programs that you don't need.

If this helped, make sure to leave a rating ;)
Or you could get a faster computer. ;) :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.