Status
Not open for further replies.

Saito

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Administrator
Hi everyone :)

Today I'm announcing a contest for Feature Suggestions!
All you have to do is follow the formatted example below and pitch us your idea to become a feature on the server.

There can be an unlimited amount of winners!

Each idea that is chosen as a winner will receive a $15 Gift Card on the store. You are able to submit as many ideas as you want, and all the ones accepted will be rewarded. However, in order to be eligible, you must follow the format given exactly and with great detail. Each idea must be well thought out and planned by the user submitting it. The more detail, the higher the chances of your suggestion winning and being added to the game.

Example Suggestion:
Suggestion: Super Crystals

1) How does it work?

Super Crystals would be enhanced crystals that work beyond the basic capabilities of the current enchantment crystals in the game. They would function the same but allow the user to bypass the maximum enchantment level, enabling users to infinitely raise the levels on their items. Super crystals could be sold in the Blackmarket Dealer, obtained from crates, given away in events as prizes, or purchased on the store.

2) How will it impact the game?

Super Crystals would have a positive impact on the game by enabling "late game" players to have more options and high reward items if they are willing to grind for them. They would be very expensive, but the impact is that a user doesn't get bored if they always have something to work towards and upgrade, adding more longevity to the game and making each season more fun to play for several months. The secondary impact of Super Crystals is that they would increase viability for non donors to compete with donors, making the game less P2W in pretty much all regards, to a certain extent. Free players will now have an option to reach the same enchantment levels as players who can buy super items, or just have more money to spend on the game, making it more fair for everyone. If you are willing to grind you can have the best items in the game!

3) What other details about the feature can you explain?

Super Crystals should only apply to certain enchants, such as Luck, Protection, Explosive, Sharpness, etc. Some enchants such as Speed or Haste cannot be reasonably raised further without breaking the game. To make sure the game is balanced.

Please use the format as shown in the example above.

Suggestion:
1) How does it work?

Thanks very much, and I hope we will get some awesome content ideas from you all! It's great when our team has a good idea, but I think the best ideas always come from the players themselves :D

Everyone month for 1 week at a prince task. You need to do certain things like mine, pvp, more. Completing will give you like titles or tokens to money. Make it cool items. Or very op ones

Saito

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Administrator
Everyone month for 1 week at a prince task. You need to do certain things like mine, pvp, more. Completing will give you like titles or tokens to money. Make it cool items. Or very op ones
This is an example of a very bad suggestion. He did not follow the format, and there are no details whatsoever. Thank you for the example!

Wawa

Suggestion: Candied Apples
1) How does it work?
Your candy factory can produce candied apples that act as enchanted golden apples but can last longer and have greater effects.
It would add another aspect to playing the game. It also can become a way to make PVP more involved. It will also add another candy that you have a chance of getting from your factory.
Candied apples also could give a chance to provide a bonus to a gang or party. It could provide every member of the gang or party with an effect such as absorption for a long period of time. Candied apples could also be found in crates and could add to the diversity of crates.

Suggestion: Auction Selling Menu

How does it work?:
When you open up the auction menu there would be a new "sell" button on the bottom of the auction menu.
Then you would have a menu where you drag the item you want to sell into a slot.
Choosing a price can be way easier by making buttons that say "add $100" "add $1000" "add $100,000" etc.
The buttons would be layed out like how when you buy resources it says "add 1" "add 10" "add 64"

How will it impact the game?:
Just a little quality of life change because I don't like counting the zeros everytime I have to sell something.

What other details about the feature can you explain?:
It's mostly in the "How does it work?" section

Thank you for reading this and I hope we get something like this! :D

xFlied

Dedicated Member
Suggestion: Make the server better in any way possible
1) How does it work? You increase the enjoyment people have when playing the server
2) How will it impact the game? More people will play
3) What other details about the feature can you explain? You see, now whatever you do you have to award me $15 because as long as you improve the server in any way shape or form you will technically be following my suggestion. Checkmate.

coolboi

Suggestion: Voting point system

1) How does it work?

Everytime you vote you get for example 0.1 points and there'll be a shop on /vote that they can trade many points for stuff ingame(Etokens, rank upgrades, anything on /buy) and the points stay cross resets so people can save up to get an upper edge on the start of a reset and it gives more incentive to vote.

Voting points will have a positive impact on the game as it will add a way for f2p players to still keep up with the players who spend alot of money so they can still have a chance of having for example loads of servants as well as meaning if they vote enough they can still get a rank upgrade, making the game less p2w.

Anyone can do this regardless of their rank and these points will be untradeable so that people can't make multiple alts to trade to one account to avoid abuse, and make the stuff such as rank upgrades on the point shop cost alot so it encourages people to vote every day if they're saving for a rank.

Last edited:

Wawa

Another Suggestion: Server Challenges
1) How does it work?
Every few hours a challenge (such as "mine 10000000 blocks" or "catch 100 salmon") will appear in a bossbar. The server will have to work together to complete the challenges. Upon completion, the server is rewarded with either a keyall of some key or other bonuses (Such as instant cooldown to all kits or a rankup note).
It could benefit the server to have to work together to get something accomplished. The reward would make it worth it.
Not much. The concept is the main idea and the actual reward can easily be changed.

Suggestion: Duel Arena with rank kits + enchantments you can add to swords.

1) How does it work? Basically you can invite any player to a duel, kits can either be randomly selected or chosen by a player and enchantments can be added to your weapon.

2) How will it impact the server? It will be a fun new mode that players can use to practice OP PvP against other players or to test out items with different attachments.

3) What other details about the feature can you explain? Players will be able to choose a kit to use or click a button that will randomly select a kit for them including random attachments to their weapon(s). It would be a good mode for pvpers to practice against others whilst using powerful stuff, and it will obviously be better than the god kit.

Mike3451

Suggestion: Ability to apply /drop to any item

1) How does it work?

Adding a custommizable /drop command would improve the lives of many players who accidentally drop their beloved items in OPBlocks. The newer /drop command would allow players to chose what items they would like to apply /drop to. For example, if someone wanted to add /drop to their sword, they could just hold the sword in their hand and type "/drop apply". If the accidentally pressed the drop key, it would confirm with them if they wanted to drop the sword. They would have to type /drop to confirm and drop the sword.

Adding a customizable /drop function would restrain many players from dropping valuable items. If a player would to want to protect themselves from dropping their enchanted golden apples or their bows and swords, the /drop function would protect them from doing that. Integrating a new /drop function would save many players from a so called "crisis". Players wouldn't have to search around and beg others to get their items back. This may also reduce the amount of spam typed in the OPBlocks server. Players also wouldn't have to buy back items that were already theirs.

The /drop function could also contain a menu, showing everything in your inventory that you want to apply or remove the /drop effect from. A simple command like "/drop menu" could do for those situations. You could also just type "/drop remove" or "/drop apply" while holding an item in your hand to apply the /drop function to it. The command could also be shortened to "/da" for "/drop apply" and "/dr" for "/drop remove".

coolboi

Suggestion: Disenchanter

1) How does it work?

There will be an NPC at /spawn and the command /disenchant and this will disenchant selected enchants or all enchants on a pickaxe and give you 75% of your eTokens back, however it can only do it on custom enchants so that people can't use their kit pickaxes to disenchant and get eTokens that easily.

I think that this will positively impact the game as I personally don't want to get a new pickaxe (I'd imagine others do too) as I've spent an absurd amount of eTokens upgrading it, however with this feature if you get a new pickaxe you can get 75% of your eTokens back so that you can use them on a new pickaxe.

There should be some type of cooldown so people cannot spam this and the % should possibly be beneath 75% so they still have to grind alot to get to where their old pickaxe was before. You could also possibly make people have to pay money to disenchant their pickaxe.

Last edited:
Suggestion: A Mining Buddy type system

1) How does it work?

A Mining Buddy system would work as you grouping up with a friend and as you mine blocks they appear in your friends inventory for them to then sell the items and split the earnings from the blocks sold, at of course a reduced price to not have it too over-powered. We have auto-sell in the game now, but some people don't want to pay for the command and it keeps people with the auto sell command still getting there money worthwhile because of the price reduction that comes with mining buddy system.

With the Mining Buddy system in the game it keeps new players and players who don't want to or can't spend money on the auto sell command to mine for long periods of time without having to /sellall every 3 seconds. It promotes creating friendships with other players and keeps people wanting to mine for longer time intervals.

If the system seems to over powered there could be a daily time limit on it like 2-3 hours that resets every 24 hours, and maybe the system can start out really under powered but the more time you spend with the same mining buddy it upgrades the money earned from selling items from the original reduced price.

XxJamesxX

Suggestion: Detailed Enchantment Tooltips
1) How does it work?:
When viewing custom enchants in /enchant, a more precise description of the enchant should be shown. For example, for the Luck Enchant, instead of it just saying that it gives the chance for Lucky Blocks to be mined, make the exact chance that it will happen visible, and the change that the next rank will have. Another example is Jackhammer. Currently it doesn't show the radius that it mines, nor does it show the chance that it will happen.

Knowing the exact upgrades gives a tangible visual indicator that your pickaxe is slowly getting stronger. Being able to see the exact difference a single enchant can make is rewarding and fulfilling, as currently, it is hard to tell if the next level of an enchant really does anything for the player. This is the reason games such as Diablo and others like it succeed. You can physically see the difference that your upgrades have done, in numerical form. Personally, i would much rather see a 1.72% chance increase to a 2.1% chance when I upgrade Luck, rather than "oh wow it's now Luck V, woohoo, i wonder how much better it is"

3) What other details about the feature could you explain?
I've only mentioned Pickaxes, but this feature lends itself well to Swords and such too. Knowing exactly how much more damage a level of Sharpness will bring, or exactly how much armour durability Shred will take off armour would be very satisfying to see. Some people, like me, likes to see how much stronger we, and our tools become, rather than leaving it up to guesswork and hope.

Last edited:

coolboi

Suggestion: Merchant enchant

1) How does it work?

This enchant will give the user a % of a chance to sell the blocks for more than they're worth, for example if it's merchan 10 it can have a small chance to sell for a few % more than the blocks are originally worth.

Merchant will positively impact the game as I think the enchants are lacking one which increases money earned, I think that this will also slightly boost the economy so stuff is more expensive but money will be gained slightly easier with this.

Maxing the enchant at a decently high level so that there's a wider range of how good merchant is, 1-50 will be good for this as the 50 levels can be a grind, encouraging players to mine more to get more money faster.

SauceBot

Suggestion: Store crystals
1) How does it work?
These Crystal are found from very rare drops from bosses, can be purchased at the BM dealer in a 1 to 40 (or something similar to this)exchange and can also be obtained from hard missions sometimes. These Crystals can be redeemed at the black marker dealer for items that aren't too op(no super op pickaxes, god armor or higher ranked items). An example of the items are chomper combat set, credits and crate keys of low rarity(no servant keys or super item keys)
This will impact the p2w aspect of the game, players should not feel obligated to purchase items off the store with their own money in order to get a advantage over other players, however there is a thin line that shouldn't be crossed
These items can not be stored in your echest or pv's(however can be stored in normal chests on your plot) and will also drop upon death so that every player has a fair chance at this somewhat rare item

1nd

Suggestion: Candy Tier Upgrades

1) How does it work?

Candies currently have 3 tiers, ranging from refined to tasty to delicious, respectively. On top of that, these candies are each independent of each other. I believe there should be either an item or a mechanic (perhaps added as another usage of a factory) that lets you combine multiple of one tier of candy into the next tier of it. On top of that, the candy tier limit would be raised, and some of the upper level candies could only be collected using this combination method. As a final note, there could be another function added with this one that lets you combine multiple of one type of candy into another type, again, on a cooldown and perhaps at some extra cost to the player.

Many candies experience very little usage, due to them feeling too small or inconsequential to be worthwhile to upper tier players. Additionally, many candies experience little to no usage because they simply aren't practical to many of us playing the server. This would grant worth to all players with all candies, whether you PvP, mine, or so on. Additionally, this could be an interesting way to expand the factory and allow for credit spending for people with maxed factories who don't have much useful to spend credits on. Players would find value in all candy, and the addition of more special upper limit candies produced only through the combination method would reward players who took the time to learn the system and use their cooldowns well. This would also allow players who save up to buy one big booster while mining to use bigger candies in conjunction with that booster.

Because of how powerful this would be, there would be a cooldown on how often you could do either one of these things. It would also cost credits and money, so that it couldn't be done casually and have an easy transfer from one candy to another. That should take some time and progress. Perhaps you would need a component to do this switch that you only get from mining, similar to mining fragments, to make the process even more difficult, yet rewarding. And maybe the rarity of these components would increase the more expensive of a transfer you're trying to do to your candies.

Overall, I think the candy system could use some more love. After all, candy is meant to be a predominant element in everything from the website to the server itself, and yet most candies are completely ignored by the playerbase, and the factory, to many, is nothing more than a chance to get some delicious gobstoppers. I believe this interaction with candies would create more affection and connection for this key part of the game, and would add usability to many items that have saturated the playerbase with little to no purpose.

Server Suggestion: Super Bosses

1) How does it work?

Super Bosses would be extremely hard bosses that would be challenging even for players with very OP gear. They would function the same as normal bosses, except they would drop much better stuff. When they die they could drop lots more btokens, and maybe even, Super Crystals or a new type of armor; "Boss Armor". Super Bosses would spawn twice a day.

Super Bosses would have a positive impact on the game by engaging more players to level up armor and swords. As it stands, most people don't worry about leveling up anything but their pickaxes. Bosses just aren't worth maxing out good gear. Of course recently btokens were introduced and more people have been battling the bosses ever since; But something I have noticed, is that the bosses all die in 5-10 seconds. Its just not as thrilling of a boss fight. but if there were Super Bosses, they could last 2 minutes or more, making it more fun to battle. Also people would definitely be more engaged in exploring more of the pvp side of the server. One of the results of Super Bosses, would be that players would get less bored when fighting bosses. Players would be much more willing to work towards maxing out they're armor to be able to fight the Super Boss. Players could form big groups to kill the boss together. Overall it will be a fun and intriguing thing for players to do so that they don't get bored.

If they only spawned once a day, then only certain people around the world would be able to fight them, but if they were at say: 6pm and 6am then everyone in different timezone would be able to get the chance to fight it. I mainly came up with this idea, because it was just getting boring being able to kill the bosses in 10 seconds. I thrive for a much more challenging boss, and I am sure others do too.

EDIT: I have asked multiple people across the network about their thoughts on the current bosses. The results are that 80% of them said that the current bosses are pretty boring, and they wish the server would add something special to the mix. I specifically asked them about a really hard boss that dropped better loot, and everyone I asked was on board with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.