Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Acceptable Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I lost my pickaxe to a server glitch, and was told it cannot be replaced as I have no proof of my pickaxe's enchantments. However, when I got my excavator enchantment to level 20, I said something along the lines of "[item] Finally got excavator to 20!" ([item] would have been my pickaxe) At the time, there was no reason for me to lie.(That message would be in the server logs) However, I was told this is not sufficient proof. I am asking why this is not sufficient proof. The staff member had no idea why this isn't sufficient proof, and told me to ask on the forums. Please remember, there is no reason for me to have lied about such a thing. Also, I accept that there is likely a reason why this is not considered sufficient proof. I merely asking what that reason is. Sorry if this is in the wrong forums section, and thanks in advance.

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
so you want an admin to take time out of there day to scroll through the thousands and thousands of logs for a pic you have no evidence of you having? No thanks.

Anyone can say they got something in chat, but there isn't a way to actually prove you had the pick. Despite you saying you had no reason to lie, there is no real way to prove that and I don't think staff would want to go through the trouble in trying to find proof that you had a pick.

Essentially, you are saying staff won't go to the trouble of a few minutes verifying I had a pickaxe that took me hours to get. In the chat logs you'd see me saying [item] and me celebrating getting excavator to level 20. Afterwards, there are no comments saying that the [item] is not a pickaxe or that my excavator is nit at 20, which there would certainly be if either one of the above cases were true. Furthermor, since I lost my pickaxe from a server glitch (if it was on the ground, I would have seen it and the entity removing program that triggers every 5 minutes didn't occur until a minute or two after I started looking, more than enough time to find it) you'd think the staff would at least investigate the glitch in the first place.

xFlied

Dedicated Member
You're gonna put this in global and not troubleshooting/bug reports? Ok.

You need a picture of the pickaxe, chatlogs can be edited & some crafty people exist in this world. Not calling you a liar, but staff can't be 100% sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.