JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Sign Shop usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathannn

flâneurstrator
Staff member
This is a simple tutorial today, and it is how to set up a sign shop! Now, I know this is at spawn but this shows it in more detail, and how to let players use your shop.
So, firstly you want to know the format for the sign. So place the sign on the chest you'd like to sell the items from and type this on the sign:

Username
Amount of items to sell
B/S (buy or sell) Price
Item name/ID
Here is an example of one: I placed this sign on a chest which had Wooden Planks in:
NathannB
B 10
Now, the number 1 shows how many wooden planks I am selling.
B shows that I want the user to BUY the item from the shop.
5 is the ID of the block, wooden planks.
To find the ID, use the command /iteminfo in-game, with the item in your hand. The number next to the item name is its ID. Sometimes, just the word works. Eg. Apple. Alternatively, you can use this website: Click me.
Now a sell shop:

NathannB
S 100

Sell means that the user gives there items to me, in return of money. So here, they are giving me 10 wooden planks for $100.

Finally, how to get users to use your sign shop:
Now, you don't need to add them. You simply have to be standing in the plot of the shop. Next, all you have to do is place the sign DIRECTLY ABOVE the chest, not on it's front or side, so the sign is STANDING ON TOP of the chest! ;)
This means any users can use signs on your plot.

I hope this helped you setting up a sign shop, if you have any questions, ask them below!
Thanks,
NathannB ;)

Last edited:

ShiroHibikii

Good tutorial but do realise that normal and even donors can't use /plot flag, but I have a solution.
Follow the format Nathan gave above and the shops will work if you put the sign DIRECTLY ABOVE the chest.

nathannn

flâneurstrator
Staff member
Good tutorial but do realise that normal and even donors can't use /plot flag, but I have a solution.
Follow the format Nathan gave above and the shops will work if you put the sign DIRECTLY ABOVE the chest.
That's weird, because if you do /p i on someone who has a shop for example Hacylon, his is flagged. Anyway, thanks for telling me, I'll put it in there.
EDIT: I see, every users plot has flagged the ID 63. This ID is a standing sign, which is why it needs to be on top! Thanks again.

Rizuri

Infamous Member
Nice tutorial
Never really ever thought about setting up a shop
Might do one now that you have put the thought in my mind

WhyShouldIEver

Great tutorial! I actually didn't know how to make a chest shop (*cough* whyshouldiever is a noob *cough*) so uhm yea! Thanks for this ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.