PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Questions for the Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaosLord

Hello everyone, I lurk around these forums to check up on updates, fixes and new staff members. With the new reset of OPBlocks coming soon, I think what is best for the community is for a thread (this thread) where players of the community can post their opinion on what they would like to see in the future of OPBlocks. This way the server can get up and running, with a lot of players on the server all the time.

Below are some topics that I would like to cover and hear what your opinions are.

• Staff Team
    • What they should improve on and what you want to see from them. Please be realistic
  • Updates
    • What the community would like to see next and how often major updates should happen, etc.
  • Growth
    • A server never 'dies', how you guys think we should grow the server.
  • Kind of Updates
    • Would you like to see updates that keep the server going, fixing bugs, balancing the server, focusing on P2W, fixing PvP, new content, etc.
In no way did I make this thread for any negativity, this thread was made in order to help @Amazing, @loganb1max and @Chrissehh gather the communities thoughts so that they could get an idea of what the community wants.

CookieYT

• Staff Team
I think more people should apply. The last accepted Staff App was like 4 months ago. More Staff Apps = More Accepted Apps = More Staff = Better Community. For the current Staff, I think there should be a more active Manager, Dev, and Owner, as well as a few more managers, admins and devs. 1 dev isn't enough, especially when that one dev works for other server's of alex's. If there were devs, we could get more updates. Updates might increase players and/or YouTubers.
  • Updates
Like I said above, Updates mean more players and Yters. It also means people might actually stay/come back/be more active. Imo, a lot were quitting because of the lack of updates, so that would really help.
  • Growth
I don't exactly know what you mean by Growth, but we need more "progress" in a way that Youtubers instead of doing a few episodes then quitting, do more episodes because of more updates, and fun things overall. We also need more of a stable Player base. Like a solid 30 players or something instead of 1 day, there's 5 ppl on, day 2, there's 1 person, day 3, there's 7 ppl on etc.
  • Kind of Updates
I want to see these kinds of updates:
- New, original maps
- More events
- New content

xFlied

Dedicated Member
Staff Team-
• Should totally hire me. Yes I mean hire, make me a manager and give me some programming. I do have programming experience from watching watching the people work in the story "Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon" so I think I am good to go. Also I watch Rick and Morty so I have an IQ of at least 160.
Updates-
• There is already a thread about this made by an Manager, but I think the general consensus is that candy should be the basis of everything including the economy. You don't get money you only get candy.

Growth-
• For growth, I think we should get a youtuber again. We all know who I'm talking about, the one that we all know and love. If you don't know him, then you will eventually grow to love him. Of course I am talking about the one and only MrCrainer, he brought joy to OPBlocks and we all know he will bring joy back to OPBlocks. Also for another growth option, I would recommend purchasing bots to advertise on servers like Hyp*xel, M*neplex and C*becraft. I would say go to pr*me but they don't even deserve a capital letter from me.
Kind of updates-
• A lot of servers get in trouble because they always push out all of their updates all at once so the beginning is really good and full of content... but the middle and end game is rough. So what I would recommend is we update the server at the beginning and then leave it be, kind of like we did for the rest of the versions, but we have no updates at all. That would make the server the best it could possibly be. Also I recommend that we have completely linear progression, no challenge at all just grinding. If you think that there should actually be something to do besides mine and pvp, you are horribly wrong. Cells are useless, gradual progression is useless and ranks being completely overpowered is the best.

KaosLord

• Staff Team
I think more people should apply. The last accepted Staff App was like 4 months ago. More Staff Apps = More Accepted Apps = More Staff = Better Community. For the current Staff, I think there should be a more active Manager, Dev, and Owner, as well as a few more managers, admins and devs. 1 dev isn't enough, especially when that one dev works for other server's of alex's. If there were devs, we could get more updates. Updates might increase players and/or YouTubers.
  • Updates
Like I said above, Updates mean more players and Yters. It also means people might actually stay/come back/be more active. Imo, a lot were quitting because of the lack of updates, so that would really help.
  • Growth
I don't exactly know what you mean by Growth, but we need more "progress" in a way that Youtubers instead of doing a few episodes then quitting, do more episodes because of more updates, and fun things overall. We also need more of a stable Player base. Like a solid 30 players or something instead of 1 day, there's 5 ppl on, day 2, there's 1 person, day 3, there's 7 ppl on etc.
  • Kind of Updates
I want to see these kinds of updates:
- New, original maps
- More events
- New content
Firstly, I believe the main reason people aren't exactly applying is because their isn't much to currently staff. However, with the reset right around the corner, I presume an influx of staff applications will be submitted as the server will most likely need some helping hands throughout each timezone.

Secondly, how often would you like to see updates coming out? Would you mind if they were major updates such as a brand new plugin or if it was a minor update such as bug fixes?

Thirdly, by growth I mean how you guys think we should open up the server to more players. I have a few contacts with some YouTubers, both medium sized and small sized channels. I'll pass their information onto the administrative team for them to decide.

Fourthly, an original map has been bought for the reset. I'll talk to @Chrissehh and give her some ideas of some events if she would like to host some.

Staff Team-
• Should totally hire me. Yes I mean hire, make me a manager and give me some programming. I do have programming experience from watching watching the people work in the story "Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon" so I think I am good to go. Also I watch Rick and Morty so I have an IQ of at least 160.
Updates-
• There is already a thread about this made by an Manager, but I think the general consensus is that candy should be the basis of everything including the economy. You don't get money you only get candy.

Growth-
• For growth, I think we should get a youtuber again. We all know who I'm talking about, the one that we all know and love. If you don't know him, then you will eventually grow to love him. Of course I am talking about the one and only MrCrainer, he brought joy to OPBlocks and we all know he will bring joy back to OPBlocks. Also for another growth option, I would recommend purchasing bots to advertise on servers like Hyp*xel, M*neplex and C*becraft. I would say go to pr*me but they don't even deserve a capital letter from me.
Kind of updates-
• A lot of servers get in trouble because they always push out all of their updates all at once so the beginning is really good and full of content... but the middle and end game is rough. So what I would recommend is we update the server at the beginning and then leave it be, kind of like we did for the rest of the versions, but we have no updates at all. That would make the server the best it could possibly be. Also I recommend that we have completely linear progression, no challenge at all just grinding. If you think that there should actually be something to do besides mine and pvp, you are horribly wrong. Cells are useless, gradual progression is useless and ranks being completely overpowered is the best.
Firstly, great comedian right here folks!

Secondly, so you think money should be candy. A proposal, what if they were to call 'money' something like 'chocolate coins'? More candy related. If you have some ideas of how you would like to see candy introduced as an economy itself, feel free to post away.

Thirdly, as stated in an above paragraph, I have a few contacts with some YouTubers, I'll pass them on to the staff for their decision. If I am being frank, MrCrainer was a great income of players, however his playerbase has been dropping and losing interest in minecraft and his content.

Fourthly, so maybe weekly updates perhaps? Just to keep the community in the loop of what is happening within the server.

Thank you both @CookieYT and @xFlied for replying to this thread.

BazerKing

Staff Team:
they should stop banning people and give everyone free candy

Updates:
the community wants to see opblocks being great again

Growth: We can grow the server by unbanning @34D duh.

Kind of Updates:

i would like them to remove all plugins,maps and players. that would be a huge thing and a very good ting go skrrato do if i were in the shoes of Amazing because then you dont have to make new versions, you dont have to deal with people and can be very relaxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.