Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Announcement OPBlocks v6 | Update 1.4 - Quest Books, New Titles, New Duel Kits, Sale, & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

Greetings!

Apologies for the massive delay between updates, however, certain development setbacks forced us to delay the content that we're about to release.

Crainer's latest video on the server can be found below, give it a watch if you're a fan of the series or wanting to learn more about OPBlocks game mechanics.

Prison
Here's our brief changelog from the past two weeks, view specific content updates in more detail below.
  • Restored refineries lost when we migrated hosts (more info on that below)
  • Fixed the issue where players were not getting rewards from voting
  • Fixed an issue where missions didn't reset for certain players
  • Fixed the lollipop farming mission which didn't properly register for certain players
  • Fixed the /boss command
  • Fixed an issue with the animal mission not properly registering for certain players
  • Fixed /jp, /rps, and /cf
  • Fixed the marshmallow farming mission which didn't properly register for certain players
  • Fixed the building/block placing mission(s)
  • Fixed issues with /ignore and /unignore
  • Fixed an issue where mobs weren't spawning from certain candies
  • Fixed an issue with Tier 3 Bonbons glitching through the floor
  • Fixed numerous vendor issues where no one could sell anything
  • Removed mcMMO alerts for normal players
  • Fixed an issue where the Hoarder mine didn't have a vendor
  • Fixed an issue where you couldn't sell clay from the Hoarder and Destroyer mines
  • Added new duel kits
  • Added the July Quest Book
  • Made changes to Plot Mine lores
  • Nearly finished with a solution to the player-login issues, should be live in the next 1-2 days (explained below)
  • Updates to the titles plugin
  • Added 1.13 support

Quest Books

While missions are currently a large part of the server, we've decided to further expand on them with quest books. Quest Books are monthly books you can purchase off of the store, with several hard and time consuming missions on them to make your prison life more exciting. Completing each challenge in the Quest Book will give you a reward, and then completing the entire quest book will give you two to three rewards.

Each month, there will be a new quest book with new challenges in them, and the old quest book will expire. The rewards in the quest book are far more expensive separately than with the quest book, it's definitely something worth purchasing.

The current quest book has 9 quests, and can be purchased here (currently on sale). We may add more quests in the future, however with 9 days left on the month we wanted to make it feasible to complete the quests on time.

This is a plugin we're testing for the first time, so there will be issues. If any are found, please reply to this thread with a detailed bug report and we'll get them fixed ASAP. Here's a GIF of what the quest book system looks like:

New Duel Kits
We've added four new duel kits to make for a more customizable experience, hop on the server and type /duel to get started! The new kits added were:
  • Debuff
  • Candy
  • Donor Candy
  • Custom
  • Alchemist
New Titles
For quite a long time, we've been restricted in the amount of titles we were able to have. That changes today, with our newest update. We've added pages to titles so that we can add many more seasonal, rare, and exclusive titles for you to collect.

As a sign of gratitude, everyone that logs in at least once this summer will get the "Summer" tag for free!

The other two new tags, "SunsOut" and "BeachBall" have been added to the Summer Chest rewards.

Patriotic Critter
While this critter was supposed to release around July 4th weekend, it was delayed along with the rest of this update due to setbacks. Since it's already been coded, I've decided to release it anyway. For every new purchase from now until the end of the month, you'll receive a free firework critter - these critters are celebratory in nature and will shoot red, white, and blue creeper fireworks at the sky... celebrate your PvP victories in style!

1.13 Support
We've added support for the latest minecraft version, 1.13! While you'll be able to join, features will still be restricted to 1.8 as that's the lowest possible version able to join.

Note: This will be live after our next reboot at midnight tonight

Double Sell Weekends
Double sell weekends will make a return starting next week! This means for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, you'll have a 2X sell booster permanently active. We hope to see as many of you on for it as possible, more information about that will be in the announcement section of our Discord server.

Refineries and Factories
As stated above in the changelog, we had to restore refineries and factories from a previous backup due to data loss. This caused 3 days worth of data to be rolled back (July 15-18). If in those two days you lost progress on either factories or refineries, fill out the form by clicking here. Our admin will evaluate your claim, verify that you were telling the truth, and refund your upgrades.

Player Login Issues
As some of you may know by now, we've been having issues where the server will refuse connections to new players while the ones already on the server are able to stay on. At this time the only fix is to restart the server, which is why you may be kicked off at random periods throughout the day. We're almost done working on a permanent solution to this, which should be here by the next weekly update - if that is the case, we'll announce it in the next post and on Discord.

Sale Details
  • For the next couple days, the sale will be raised to 65% for all packages (including ranks) apart from Critters and Quest Books
  • All Chests will be buy one, get one free
  • Every new purchase will give you a free Patriotic Critter (details above)
  • The July Quest Book will be on sale at $20 instead of $35

Conclusion
As always thanks for the support, we'll see you next week as per our usual update schedule!

Best Regards,
Resilience
Looking forward to the next update

LoliAni

Love the new updates! I'll be getting a quest book myself in August. Keep up the updates for this server, It's starting to come together!

Rommkkan

All I can think to say is that the update is great. So I love the fixes and the update, but I rarely like new store items, because people then view the server as P2W.

How large of a store do you need!?
True, other larger servers have larger stores, but a larger store only for a larger server!
I cant say which ;(
Then again, I have only seen the store in the last few weeks...

All I can think to say is that the update is great. So I love the fixes and the update, but I rarely like new store items, because people then view the server as P2W.

True, other larger servers have larger stores, but a larger store only for a larger server!
I cant say which ;(
New Thought: If the Quest Book is extremely hard, I like the update

Store Quest Book Link: Here

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperPiggeh

Infamous Member

I cant say which ;(
You seem cool, unlike most people who actually still play the server, congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.