Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

i don't get it...

HawaiianPing

So this is like, one of those questions that will never be answered. I just want to know some of your opinions.

Why do poeople use the following terms to offend people?
I don't mean to offend anyone. These are just examples.
Gay
Autistic
******ed, or any other variant of "stupid"
And more. It doesn't make sense to me.

Dobob8

Because when people sit behind a screen their confidence levels go up and they believe that nothing can stop them. However the type of people who do this via games have usually experienced some degree of bullying at school and as they don't do anything about it they let out the frustration by bullying/abusing others.

However some are normally kind children/adults you never fully know what's going on in someone's life they could've just got sacked from their job so their angry theirs endless possibilities but sadly the one prior to this is true most of the time.

They all do their actions without thinking how it might affect the other person.
Imagine the scene below
Bully: Hey Anthony your fat
Anthony would be momentarily hurt for a brief second but now let's say he has anxiety which one in four people do.
Bully:Hey Anthony your fat
Anthony would feel like hell he would want to go and run away from him and it would hurt him for a while.

So now let's go to more serve ones like let's imagine if the Bully said KYS which should not be said under ANY circumstances. I don't feel the need to explain what Anthony feels like now do I?

HawaiianPing

Because when people sit behind a screen their confidence levels go up and they believe that nothing can stop them. However the type of people who do this via games have usually experienced some degree of bullying at school and as they don't do anything about it they let out the frustration by bullying/abusing others.

However some are normally kind children/adults you never fully know what's going on in someone's life they could've just got sacked from their job so their angry theirs endless possibilities but sadly the one prior to this is true most of the time.

They all do their actions without thinking how it might affect the other person.
Imagine the scene below
Bully: Hey Anthony your fat
Anthony would be momentarily hurt for a brief second but now let's say he has anxiety which one in four people do.
Bully:Hey Anthony your fat
Anthony would feel like hell he would want to go and run away from him and it would hurt him for a while.

So now let's go to more serve ones like let's imagine if the Bully said KYS which should not be said under ANY circumstances. I don't feel the need to explain what Anthony feels like now do I?
I guess that does make sense, but why make fun of medical conditions and different sexual identities?

Dobob8

I guess that does make sense, but why make fun of medical conditions and different sexual identities?
Because children like copying what they hear the older people say so let's say they hear someone from the year or two above they will try to grasp the meaning of it and will say it not nowing that what they are saying is mimicking someone who is Autistic or Gay etc.