Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Closed HWID banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xMc

title kinda says it all... aswell as UUID/username banning do HWID banning?
Only when needed say DDOS threats or DOXing Etc, also kinda 2 suggestions in one
If you havnt already if you think something is going on client side wether they was using a Client hack in the launcher logs? if no logs are found or tampered with then HWID for trying to hide it... just a suggestion of-course.
HWID normally rid cheaters/Bad people sooo

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xMc

Please explain further on the suggestion. Right now I only really know what UUID is, and that may be the case for others
HWID is Hardware ID, banning someones HWID is harder to come back from, IE if you ban someones HWID they might have another account yes but they cant use it if there HWID is the same, you can use a VPN to hide you IP if you get IP banned but HWID is harder to "spoof"

xAlphaCat

HWID is Hardware ID, banning someones HWID is harder to come back from, IE if you ban someones HWID they might have another account yes but they cant use it if there HWID is the same, you can use a VPN to hide you IP if you get IP banned but HWID is harder to "spoof"
-1 say, if I get banned then my sister can't play OpBlocks then

X

xMc

-1 say, if I get banned then my sister can't play OpBlocks then
then simple, dont get banned. 80% of servers/other games who use HWID and mainly rid of cheaters, plus if they implement the whole gota SS to prove you`re innocent im sure you`ll be fine... i mean HWID for client side cheaters not other bans like cussing etc, only when HWID is needed,

+1 The only thing I can think of that I could possibly get banned for is getting mad at someone and using excessive launguage...so don't make me mad please and I'll stay happy! :D

BIGROLO

I dont think this would work cause say Someone swore and got banned by a abusive staff and then they went on anothet account

X

xMc

ngl dont take this the wrong way kinda forgot people share computers...
I dont think this would work cause say Someone swore and got banned by a abusive staff and then they went on anothet account
and this makes no sense, if they got banned it would be for a good reason so it would stop any other accounts they have on the game thats why its a good thing
It's kinda like IP bans, but it won't be fair to your siblings or friends that come over to play with you. -1 for me
If you got IP banned its exactly the same if you have a sibling they wont be able to play so the point is kinda invalid since they use IP banning...

Elijeh

I believe we are going to be using LiteBans for our punishment system (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/litebans.3715/).

To my knowledge, I don't think LiteBans offer HWID banning, and I highly doubt the developers we have would modify the code for the plugin to make it have HWID banning. Although, you can always try suggested this to the plugin developer.

iQualified

-1 as stated above if my siblings got banned then I wouldn't be able to play, and if I got banned they wouldn't be able to play. It wouldn't be fair. And I don't believe they will be doing IP Banning like PrimeMC doesn't.

DdubsRulez2

Infamous Member
I don't like this idea, let's say I had a sibling (which I don't) and I got banned and they wanted to play, they couldn't and it would be unfair for them as it would've been my decisions and they shouldn't be punished.

X

xMc

i think im the only one here not planning on getting banned by the seems of things, since they still use IP banning which if you`re on the same system then you would still be banned soooo.... but anyway thats just me..

Status
Not open for further replies.