Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

How to take screenshots and where to find them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone during my time on minecraft, I've seen many players have a difficult time finding their screenshots they've taken and sometimes even not knowing how to take a screenshot. So, I've decided to make this quick guide on how to take your screenshots.

**Taking your screenshots

Taking screenshots on Mac's/Apple products and Windows/PC products are a bit different, however they're generally the same. Here's how.

PC/Windows
To take a screenshot on your windows PC, simply press 'F2' on your keyboard. The F2 button can be found on the top right of your keyboard, two keys to the right of the Esc (Escape) button. Upon pressing F2, you will recieve a confirmation that will look similar to the image and example posted below. Upon seeing the confirmation, you'll know that your screenshot has been taken and can now move on to the next stage: Finding the screenshots.

Macs/Apple Products
Taking a screenshot on a Mac or other apple product is a bit more tricky. To do this, you simply press the 'Fn' key along with the 'F2' key. The 'Fn' key can be found all the way in the bottom right corner of your keyboard right underneath the 'Shift' key while the 'F2' key will be found in the same position as the Windows/PC keyboard; top left, two keys over from the Esc (Escape) button. However, the trick with Mac products is that some people mistake that they must press 'Fn' and THEN press 'F2.' That is not the case; to take a screenshot on a Mac/Apple product, you must hold down the 'Fn' key and while holding it, press 'F2'. And just like the PC, you will recieve the same confirmation as shown below.

Example of confirmation text that will appear in your textbox:

**Finding your screenshots

Now that you've taken your screenshots, you're ready to post them! This is where it gets a bit more tricky and complicated so I'll try to put it in simple terms below.

Finding Screenshots on Windows/Your PC
Since some PC's dont show a specific minecraft folder or it appears blank on some machines, many players have a difficult time finding the screenshots that they need. There's two methods of finding your screenshots. One is to simply click 'Start' or the 'Windows button' in the bottom right corner of your computer. Then, go to 'Computer', 'Local Disk C:', 'Program Files (x86)' and searching for your Mojang/Minecraft folder in there. Now, that's the more difficult way. The simplest way to get to your screenshots is to copy and paste this or type the following into your address bar after going into 'Computer.' (To get into 'Computer', read the above text.): %appdata%\.minecraft\screenshots
Once you get to the location, a list of pictures will be displayed and those will be your screenshots that you can now post/show off to your friends!

Finding Screenshots on Mac/Apple Product
I must say that Mac gets a win for this one. It's much easier to find screenshots on a Mac than a PC and here's how to do it. When you're on your Mac after taking your desired screenshots, go to your 'Library.' Once you're in your library, go to 'Application Support', then 'Minecraft', then 'Screenshots.' Simple, right? Another simple way to get to them is to just copy and paste the following into the address bar of your 'Library': /Library/Application Support/minecraft/screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.