Flaccidbaguette Staff Application Attempt #3

xFlied

Dedicated Member
First Name:
Thomas

IGN:
Flaccidbaguette

Previous IGN/s:
1. FliedChicken - Derived from my roblox name Fliedchicanpical. Even when I was a mere 8 years old, I had a long history of mispronouncing the letter 'r' in words, instead replacing them with either a 'w' sound or an 'l' sound. FliedChican is (obviously) derived from when I mispronounced Fried Chicken, also enunciating an 'a' instead of an 'e' when pronouncing chicken. Pical came to be because I was young and thought spelling pickle that way was funny. Obviously, being an intellectual in 2012 when I got my minecraft account, I realized how childish and immature misspelling chicken as 'chican' was so I replaced that with Chicken. I did, however, keep Flied instead of Fried because obviously FriedChicken was a pre-existing minecraft account and I could not choose that name. I also had to drop the pickle because it would've made my name go over the 16 character limit, but it is also good because FriedChicken makes sense but Pickles have little to no similar connotations.

2. Fishbae - Me and my friends joked around that someone in the group paid far too much attention to his fish, therefore we began calling his fish 'Fish-bae.' I threw on a random fish skin and changed my name to Fishbae. We used bae because bae was a popular term meaning "before anyone else." This was right around when the name change feature was first enabled. I had first heard about this feature at my lunch table from my good friend Bman (short for Brendan man) and I quickly decided to use this name because the Fishbae situation was a joke we were still using at the time.

3. FliedChicken - Eventually, as all things do one day, my friend's fish "Fish bae" died. As we could no longer use the term "Fish bae" I had to change my minecraft name so my friend wouldn't wallow around in grief whenever we played servers together (He didn't really care but the joke wasn't as funny anymore). Having no clue what name I should go with, I decided to retreat back to my old IGN, FliedChicken. Although this is no longer my minecraft IGN, I still have my official skype name (note: not my skype nickname but the actual username) as fliedchicken.fliedchickenson. Also I never use skype anymore, so if you want to hack into my account using that information, feel free. During the time period of the second coming of 'FliedChicken' was also when I first joined OPBlocks.

4. GiantButtcrack - As a preteen (albeit only 5 days from leaving said group), I believed heavily in childish, crude humor. Not only would I constantly crack jokes about foul topics such as GiantButtcracks, but I even had the dedication to change my name to it. This moment in my life also marks a very historic change, as this was when I first learned the term 'Cloaca.' For those unaware, the cloaca goes by the definition "a common cavity at the end of the digestive tract for the release of both excretory and genital products in vertebrates (except most mammals) and certain invertebrates. Specifically, the cloaca is present in birds, reptiles, amphibians, most fish, and monotremes" (Google Dictionary). Basically the Cloaca is an ass-gina. My friend StormingSurge (whom I later severed ties with due to him spamming me "hey" 50 times just to play Wizard101, although I regret blocking him on everything because I haven't talked to him since) was admin on the KitPvP server we played on and he force nicked me "GiantCloaca" as opposed to my true name, "GiantButtcrack." This name would later become a source of strife in my life, as I felt incredibly immature about it, especially later on when I was a seasoned 14 year old. I constantly claimed that my account was hacked, but it was not until my late 15 year old years that I finally accepted the name "GiantButtcrack" without claiming to have been hacked during that period. This marked an important turning point in my life.

5. xFlied - Freshly 13 years old, I now believed that I could take on the world. This was the period of time where I began to integrate into the pvp community of minecraft. This age marked when I tried to be cool by having a short name (only 6 characters), having my name start with an x (As we all know all people who have names that begin with an x are massive tryhards, looking at you @Mochi), and even going so far as to put the characters 'eZ' on my skin. For the unaware, 'eZ' is slang for 'Easy,' pvpers and tryhards for any game would commonly use this phrase to denote a certain person, usually the person that they just killed (or died to), as being worse than them at the game that they were playing (Easy as in easy to kill). These were my golden days, not only was I one of the dominant PvPers on the lollipop section of the OPBlocks server, this was also when I truly became a man, buying Candylord rank for ~$100 during the christmas sale.

6. StaleBreadstick - This is by far the favorite name that I have ever taken on. My current name (FlaccidBaguette) is a close second, but the word "baguette" is not a pure American word, and as many people know, I truly do believe in American superiority over EU trash. I digress, Stalebreadstick, for the unaware, is a euphemism for, lets just say, one who takes far too many blue pills. However, it still works as a classy name as it was much more common to refer to me as "Stale" or "Bread" during this epoch, easily letting the euphemism fly over peoples heads. I believe that when I was known as "StaleBreadstick" was when I was most well known on the OPBlocks network for. Although I was more famous during the v1 era, that was only in one server. In v2 and all future versions, I always played on the main server (v1 had a split between cara and lollipop as to which server was more populated, I of course chose lollipop) so the highest percentage of people knew me with this name. This is also the name most current semi-ogs (v2-probably v6 now that still play) were introduced to me with.

7. BQ1 - @Owl was high or something and wanted to start a 3 letter name gang and I, being an egotistical 13 year old and arguably the best pvper in the group at the time, took the name BQ1. We call these the 'Dark ages'

8. xFlied - As being named BQ1 was obviously a bad decision and something we did in the moment, I decided to change my name. As plenty of v1 players still played back in december 2016, I went back to the name xFlied. This name change does not have much historical significance, so I will not write all that much about it. All you need to know is I needed to distance myself from the name BQ1 as soon as possible, as next to no one recognized me.

9. StaleBreadstick - To date, this 9th name is the longest one I've ever kept, besides of course my first 'FliedChicken' as name changing wasn't even available back then. This marked the start of my decline in interest in minecraft. As is commonly seen in people who have had long commitments to certain games, you cannot be 'on' all the times, sometimes you have to be 'off.' When I used the name 'StaleBreadstick' this time, it was to mark the end of my tryhard days. I no longer tried to be the best pvper, mainly because I realized that so many people were better than me (or hacking) and I decided not to try. Sadly, besides PvP I could not find anything else to do, as I was horrible at building and only had a mild interest in parkour. I disconnected myself from OPBlocks and entered my forum shark mentality. I would only come on the forums whenever I felt like it, sometimes going months without even thinking about the server. Luckily I did not miss much as v6-v8 were never regarded as popular.

10. HuanGreasy - There is not much significance to this name either, as I had only discovered this when writing my name in one stroke and then using a bad writing to text app to see what it came out as. I remembered "Oh yeah I have a minecraft account I can change the name of that." I did not play much with this name at all, maybe logging on minecraft only 10 times, OPBlocks once or twice.

11. xFlied - The thirdcoming of xFlied. There was only a brief period of time where I played with this name. The only reason why I even changed my name back to 'xFlied' was because I wanted nostalgia to give me some sort of reason to play the game. I even used my old skin, only with NameMc's greyshift feature, where you can make your skin completely lack color, just to resemble the feeling of nostalgia. Near the end of this period, I began picking minecraft up once again, although I did not use the nick xFlied. I was still using the nick "Stale" because at this point in time, most of the OG's (v1 players) had left opblocks and only the semi-og's (v2-probably v6 players) remained, which mostly knew me as Stale and not Flied.

12. FlaccidBaguette - Tired of the name xFlied and ready to commit myself back to minecraft again, I was now ready to change my name back to StaleBreadstick once more. However, to my horror, someone had sniped the name 'Stalebreadstick' during my Huan and Flied days. I decided to resort to the next best thing, 'Baguette.' Why Flaccid and not Stale? For the unaware, StaleBreadstick actually was my second attempt at leaving the first xFlied era. I had changed my discord, twitch, youtube and many other things to 'FlaccidBreadstick.' That, however, is 17 characters, and the minecraft character limit, much to my dismay, is 16 characters. As a last resort I decided to have a less direct euphemism, that being stale. FlaccidBreadstick is still by far my most favorite name and if minecraft ever raises the limit to say, 20 characters, my name is changing almost immediately. Because StaleBreadstick was taken and FlaccidBreadstick still didn't fit, I went with the aforementioned 'Baguette.' For the unaware, Flaccidbaguette is my current minecraft name. This name does not belong in 'previous igns,' but I still believe that this is more of a player history section, so it was important to inform everyone of why I chose this name.

Timezone:
EST (GMT-5)

Why would you like to be staff?:
I really don't

Why should you be chosen over others?:
OG
Everyone loves me
Best smelling on the server

How often are you online per week?
Longer than I should be

What previous experience do you have with server moderation? If none, leave blank.
Being admin on my friends servers back in 2015/2016 counts even though we only had maximum 10 concurrent players (who were all admins/owners)

Do you have any previous punishments on any server/s?
None, I am a perfect child, besides being banned multiple times of course.

How interactive are you with the community?
Even if you ask a player who has just joined the server seconds ago "do you know who Flaccidbaguette is" they will respond. If this doesn't prove how interactive I am I don't know what will.
Before you ask them I never said they will respond with a "yes."

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
Yes, I recorded this clip just a couple of hours ago to prove my ability to record. Ignore the upload date.
The server I was playing on had health tags and he just barely clutched out that game, good on him.

How many applications have you made prior to this? What date?
https://opblocks.com/threads/xflied-1st-application-serious.3267/
December 18th, 2016. I believe it was accepted but for some reason the staff member who accepted it removed the accepted tag and I was never contacted by a higher staff member. Weird.
https://opblocks.com/threads/stalebreadstick-staff-application-2.6865/
May 19th, 2017. As @Owl says as the first comment, this application was much worse than my first application. I believe that the main reasons why this application was worse (and also never got a response from staff) was because not as much thought was put into it and it was too soon after my first application. Hopefully I have rectified those problems as I have waited a lot longer and my responses are actually extremely serious this time, as they were with the first application.

Anything Else?
furnace

Scenarios
You notice the server is encountering major issues / is offline. What do you do?
I would obviously do the most reasonable thing to do at the time, go through the five stages of grief.
First, I would begin the stage of denial. I would refresh my server page multiple times, clicking the join button as many times as I could, denying that the server could be down. After about 10 or so tries, I would give up.
After the stage of denial, comes the stage of anger. Upon realizing that the server was actually down, I would then begin blaming people. I would go from blaming normal everyday players from using too many T20 minebombs at once, and maybe jump to blaming my superior staff members for possibly worldediting something in or installing a new plugin that crashed the server.
After leaving the stage of anger, I would begin the stage of bargaining. I would begin to start spending my time elsewhere, as in getting a snack, reading, or actually doing my homework. Sometimes I would go to forums to post more random things such as this application, and props to you if you're actually reading this right now most people would just skip down to the bottom to type +1. I would bargain other things to spend my time on.
After bargaining is done and I have run out of ideas to post on forums, I would begin the stage of depression. Realizing the server might never come back up, I would begin trying to spread what I think may be the only solution, spamming the discord with warnings about Armageddon, or sometimes taking a nap to avoid the server being down.
Eventually, the stage of acceptance comes. After my depression fails to get the server up, I would finally accept that the server is offline and that I should spend my time elsewhere and stop checking if it was up every 2-3 minutes. Usually however, the server comes back online by the time this happens, because some competent staff or players tell someone with the power to reboot the server that it is offline and they fix the issue.
None of this shall change when I receive my staff rank. That is right, when, not if.

You are arguing with a player who starts attacking you. What do you do?
The most important question to ask here is, how bad is he attacking me? There are many levels of attacking and they all require different responses. Below I have listed 5 different attacking scenarios that I believe go from the most common cases to the most extreme cases. Also, as the player attacking me is in the wrong (because I myself am always in the right) so it will always end with some sort of punishment.
1. Being called names in chat. I'm not talking about joke names like the ones we address our friends by, I'm taking about the real offensive names. ex. "Flacguy = dumb" or "Hey @PartyFoul10 do a servant key all." In light cases where I am only mildly offended, I will follow the staff rulebook and permanently ban whoever was insulting me, as they deserve it.
2. Being called names, repeatedly. There is a huge difference between being called dumb once and being called dumb twice, and I will not stand for it, especially if they are partaking in chatspam. If they say it once or twice, it still falls into the first category, maybe even thrice is fine. But four times? That crosses the line, that becomes the straw that breaks the camels back, it becomes the match thrown in the powder barrel, the spark that ignites a fire, the crack that breaks a dam (as can be seen here). The first thing that I would do would be to research my opponent. I would look up his name on all sorts of platforms, and if I get a match I would then proceed to flood their messages with bots. Of course, this is after I permanently IP ban them from the OPBlocks network.
3. Being cursed at in chat. As I am a strong catholic who practices my faith every single day by praying to our lord and savior Jesus Christ, I do not believe in bad words. When someone curses at me the last thing I would do is ban them, because that would tip them off. Instead of just spamming them in the aforementioned #2 scenario, I would begin to message anyone I could about their actions. Their parents would know they cursed, their boss would know they cursed, their significant other would know they cursed, and most importantly God would know they cursed. After ruining their social life by telling everyone they knew that they said the f word to me, only then would I blacklist them from the server, permanently.
4. Going so far as to doxx me. All the previous offenses only hurt mentally, not physically and socially. If a player were to doxx me the first then I would do is again, research. I would then go to the black market and buy a vial of premium corona and pay off their significant other to either slip it into one of their drinks or to transmit it to them via other methods. Once they are quarantined, I would make sure to ban them from the server under the pretense that they would infect all the other members of the OPBlocks network.
5. Attack me IRL. This is the worst way that I believe a player could attack me on the OPBlocks network. Depending on how many members of my family that they killed/kidnapped, I would warn them that number of times for 'staff disrespect.'

You catch a friend breaking the rules. How would you approach this situation?
Ignore it

If a rule has been broken but is not fully explained, what will you do?
Obviously this deserves a permanent ban because whoever was punished is now talking back against their punishment in some sort of appeal, which I believe to be staff disrespect. If the rule is not fully explained, it is completely up to them to make sure to follow the rule in any way it could possibly be explained. For example, if someone I knew said the f word and they had played on the OPBlocks server before, I would follow what I said in the aforementioned #3 case because, lets just say that the rule is "No cursing," it never says whether it means on the server or not so I would obviously have to uphold it wherever and whenever it occurs.

I want to apologize to anyone who has read or will read my second staff application, as that application has an extreme lack of effort compared to my first application and this one.

I do eagerly await my acceptance to the OPBlocks staff team. Thank you for reading this, and to anyone who skipped to the bottom to give it a +1 instead of analyzing the whole thing with the finest magnifying glass you could find, you should probably re-read it, lest you believe this application is a work of satire, which it is clearly not.

And no, I am not proofreading this application, as I believe my grammar and word choice to be impeccable.

Edit:
I believe that I accidentally clicked "off topic" before writing this instead of "staff applications," but I do not want staff to worry so I will move it myself upon being accepted.

Last edited:

xFlied

Dedicated Member
"and to anyone who skipped to the bottom to give it a +1 instead of analyzing the whole thing with the finest magnifying glass you could find, you should probably re-read it, lest you believe this application is a work of satire, which it is clearly not."
Please actually read my application, xMochi. Unless you can read at a speed closing in on 2000 words per second, you didn't read and understand the whole thing.

Mochi

мocнι ♥
"and to anyone who skipped to the bottom to give it a +1 instead of analyzing the whole thing with the finest magnifying glass you could find, you should probably re-read it, lest you believe this application is a work of satire, which it is clearly not."
Please actually read my application, xMochi. Unless you can read at a speed closing in on 2000 words per second, you didn't read and understand the whole thing.
I read the whole thing u nub. smh!

xFlied

Dedicated Member
Kind of crazy how much detail this has. Fat +1
Thank you, it has always been a dream for me to become staff on the OPBlocks network, which is why I spared no expense in writing this application, adding detail especially to the areas where detail really matters.

Rizuri

Infamous Member
First Name:
Thomas

IGN:
Flaccidbaguette

Previous IGN/s:
1. FliedChicken - Derived from my roblox name Fliedchicanpical. Even when I was a mere 8 years old, I had a long history of mispronouncing the letter 'r' in words, instead replacing them with either a 'w' sound or an 'l' sound. FliedChican is (obviously) derived from when I mispronounced Fried Chicken, also enunciating an 'a' instead of an 'e' when pronouncing chicken. Pical came to be because I was young and thought spelling pickle that way was funny. Obviously, being an intellectual in 2012 when I got my minecraft account, I realized how childish and immature misspelling chicken as 'chican' was so I replaced that with Chicken. I did, however, keep Flied instead of Fried because obviously FriedChicken was a pre-existing minecraft account and I could not choose that name. I also had to drop the pickle because it would've made my name go over the 16 character limit, but it is also good because FriedChicken makes sense but Pickles have little to no similar connotations.

2. Fishbae - Me and my friends joked around that someone in the group paid far too much attention to his fish, therefore we began calling his fish 'Fish-bae.' I threw on a random fish skin and changed my name to Fishbae. We used bae because bae was a popular term meaning "before anyone else." This was right around when the name change feature was first enabled. I had first heard about this feature at my lunch table from my good friend Bman (short for Brendan man) and I quickly decided to use this name because the Fishbae situation was a joke we were still using at the time.

3. FliedChicken - Eventually, as all things do one day, my friend's fish "Fish bae" died. As we could no longer use the term "Fish bae" I had to change my minecraft name so my friend wouldn't wallow around in grief whenever we played servers together (He didn't really care but the joke wasn't as funny anymore). Having no clue what name I should go with, I decided to retreat back to my old IGN, FliedChicken. Although this is no longer my minecraft IGN, I still have my official skype name (note: not my skype nickname but the actual username) as fliedchicken.fliedchickenson. Also I never use skype anymore, so if you want to hack into my account using that information, feel free. During the time period of the second coming of 'FliedChicken' was also when I first joined OPBlocks.

4. GiantButtcrack - As a preteen (albeit only 5 days from leaving said group), I believed heavily in childish, crude humor. Not only would I constantly crack jokes about foul topics such as GiantButtcracks, but I even had the dedication to change my name to it. This moment in my life also marks a very historic change, as this was when I first learned the term 'Cloaca.' For those unaware, the cloaca goes by the definition "a common cavity at the end of the digestive tract for the release of both excretory and genital products in vertebrates (except most mammals) and certain invertebrates. Specifically, the cloaca is present in birds, reptiles, amphibians, most fish, and monotremes" (Google Dictionary). Basically the Cloaca is an ass-gina. My friend StormingSurge (whom I later severed ties with due to him spamming me "hey" 50 times just to play Wizard101, although I regret blocking him on everything because I haven't talked to him since) was admin on the KitPvP server we played on and he force nicked me "GiantCloaca" as opposed to my true name, "GiantButtcrack." This name would later become a source of strife in my life, as I felt incredibly immature about it, especially later on when I was a seasoned 14 year old. I constantly claimed that my account was hacked, but it was not until my late 15 year old years that I finally accepted the name "GiantButtcrack" without claiming to have been hacked during that period. This marked an important turning point in my life.

5. xFlied - Freshly 13 years old, I now believed that I could take on the world. This was the period of time where I began to integrate into the pvp community of minecraft. This age marked when I tried to be cool by having a short name (only 6 characters), having my name start with an x (As we all know all people who have names that begin with an x are massive tryhards, looking at you @Mochi), and even going so far as to put the characters 'eZ' on my skin. For the unaware, 'eZ' is slang for 'Easy,' pvpers and tryhards for any game would commonly use this phrase to denote a certain person, usually the person that they just killed (or died to), as being worse than them at the game that they were playing (Easy as in easy to kill). These were my golden days, not only was I one of the dominant PvPers on the lollipop section of the OPBlocks server, this was also when I truly became a man, buying Candylord rank for ~$100 during the christmas sale.

6. StaleBreadstick - This is by far the favorite name that I have ever taken on. My current name (FlaccidBaguette) is a close second, but the word "baguette" is not a pure American word, and as many people know, I truly do believe in American superiority over EU trash. I digress, Stalebreadstick, for the unaware, is a euphemism for, lets just say, one who takes far too many blue pills. However, it still works as a classy name as it was much more common to refer to me as "Stale" or "Bread" during this epoch, easily letting the euphemism fly over peoples heads. I believe that when I was known as "StaleBreadstick" was when I was most well known on the OPBlocks network for. Although I was more famous during the v1 era, that was only in one server. In v2 and all future versions, I always played on the main server (v1 had a split between cara and lollipop as to which server was more populated, I of course chose lollipop) so the highest percentage of people knew me with this name. This is also the name most current semi-ogs (v2-probably v6 now that still play) were introduced to me with.

7. BQ1 - @Owl was high or something and wanted to start a 3 letter name gang and I, being an egotistical 13 year old and arguably the best pvper in the group at the time, took the name BQ1. We call these the 'Dark ages'

8. xFlied - As being named BQ1 was obviously a bad decision and something we did in the moment, I decided to change my name. As plenty of v1 players still played back in december 2016, I went back to the name xFlied. This name change does not have much historical significance, so I will not write all that much about it. All you need to know is I needed to distance myself from the name BQ1 as soon as possible, as next to no one recognized me.

9. StaleBreadstick - To date, this 9th name is the longest one I've ever kept, besides of course my first 'FliedChicken' as name changing wasn't even available back then. This marked the start of my decline in interest in minecraft. As is commonly seen in people who have had long commitments to certain games, you cannot be 'on' all the times, sometimes you have to be 'off.' When I used the name 'StaleBreadstick' this time, it was to mark the end of my tryhard days. I no longer tried to be the best pvper, mainly because I realized that so many people were better than me (or hacking) and I decided not to try. Sadly, besides PvP I could not find anything else to do, as I was horrible at building and only had a mild interest in parkour. I disconnected myself from OPBlocks and entered my forum shark mentality. I would only come on the forums whenever I felt like it, sometimes going months without even thinking about the server. Luckily I did not miss much as v6-v8 were never regarded as popular.

10. HuanGreasy - There is not much significance to this name either, as I had only discovered this when writing my name in one stroke and then using a bad writing to text app to see what it came out as. I remembered "Oh yeah I have a minecraft account I can change the name of that." I did not play much with this name at all, maybe logging on minecraft only 10 times, OPBlocks once or twice.

11. xFlied - The thirdcoming of xFlied. There was only a brief period of time where I played with this name. The only reason why I even changed my name back to 'xFlied' was because I wanted nostalgia to give me some sort of reason to play the game. I even used my old skin, only with NameMc's greyshift feature, where you can make your skin completely lack color, just to resemble the feeling of nostalgia. Near the end of this period, I began picking minecraft up once again, although I did not use the nick xFlied. I was still using the nick "Stale" because at this point in time, most of the OG's (v1 players) had left opblocks and only the semi-og's (v2-probably v6 players) remained, which mostly knew me as Stale and not Flied.

12. FlaccidBaguette - Tired of the name xFlied and ready to commit myself back to minecraft again, I was now ready to change my name back to StaleBreadstick once more. However, to my horror, someone had sniped the name 'Stalebreadstick' during my Huan and Flied days. I decided to resort to the next best thing, 'Baguette.' Why Flaccid and not Stale? For the unaware, StaleBreadstick actually was my second attempt at leaving the first xFlied era. I had changed my discord, twitch, youtube and many other things to 'FlaccidBreadstick.' That, however, is 17 characters, and the minecraft character limit, much to my dismay, is 16 characters. As a last resort I decided to have a less direct euphemism, that being stale. FlaccidBreadstick is still by far my most favorite name and if minecraft ever raises the limit to say, 20 characters, my name is changing almost immediately. Because StaleBreadstick was taken and FlaccidBreadstick still didn't fit, I went with the aforementioned 'Baguette.' For the unaware, Flaccidbaguette is my current minecraft name. This name does not belong in 'previous igns,' but I still believe that this is more of a player history section, so it was important to inform everyone of why I chose this name.

Timezone:
EST (GMT-5)

Why would you like to be staff?:
I really don't

Why should you be chosen over others?:
OG
Everyone loves me
Best smelling on the server

How often are you online per week?
Longer than I should be

What previous experience do you have with server moderation? If none, leave blank.
Being admin on my friends servers back in 2015/2016 counts even though we only had maximum 10 concurrent players (who were all admins/owners)

Do you have any previous punishments on any server/s?
None, I am a perfect child, besides being banned multiple times of course.

How interactive are you with the community?
Even if you ask a player who has just joined the server seconds ago "do you know who Flaccidbaguette is" they will respond. If this doesn't prove how interactive I am I don't know what will.
Before you ask them I never said they will respond with a "yes."

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
Yes, I recorded this clip just a couple of hours ago to prove my ability to record. Ignore the upload date.
The server I was playing on had health tags and he just barely clutched out that game, good on him.

How many applications have you made prior to this? What date?
https://opblocks.com/threads/xflied-1st-application-serious.3267/
December 18th, 2016. I believe it was accepted but for some reason the staff member who accepted it removed the accepted tag and I was never contacted by a higher staff member. Weird.
https://opblocks.com/threads/stalebreadstick-staff-application-2.6865/
May 19th, 2017. As @Owl says as the first comment, this application was much worse than my first application. I believe that the main reasons why this application was worse (and also never got a response from staff) was because not as much thought was put into it and it was too soon after my first application. Hopefully I have rectified those problems as I have waited a lot longer and my responses are actually extremely serious this time, as they were with the first application.

Anything Else?
furnace

Scenarios
You notice the server is encountering major issues / is offline. What do you do?
I would obviously do the most reasonable thing to do at the time, go through the five stages of grief.
First, I would begin the stage of denial. I would refresh my server page multiple times, clicking the join button as many times as I could, denying that the server could be down. After about 10 or so tries, I would give up.
After the stage of denial, comes the stage of anger. Upon realizing that the server was actually down, I would then begin blaming people. I would go from blaming normal everyday players from using too many T20 minebombs at once, and maybe jump to blaming my superior staff members for possibly worldediting something in or installing a new plugin that crashed the server.
After leaving the stage of anger, I would begin the stage of bargaining. I would begin to start spending my time elsewhere, as in getting a snack, reading, or actually doing my homework. Sometimes I would go to forums to post more random things such as this application, and props to you if you're actually reading this right now most people would just skip down to the bottom to type +1. I would bargain other things to spend my time on.
After bargaining is done and I have run out of ideas to post on forums, I would begin the stage of depression. Realizing the server might never come back up, I would begin trying to spread what I think may be the only solution, spamming the discord with warnings about Armageddon, or sometimes taking a nap to avoid the server being down.
Eventually, the stage of acceptance comes. After my depression fails to get the server up, I would finally accept that the server is offline and that I should spend my time elsewhere and stop checking if it was up every 2-3 minutes. Usually however, the server comes back online by the time this happens, because some competent staff or players tell someone with the power to reboot the server that it is offline and they fix the issue.
None of this shall change when I receive my staff rank. That is right, when, not if.

You are arguing with a player who starts attacking you. What do you do?
The most important question to ask here is, how bad is he attacking me? There are many levels of attacking and they all require different responses. Below I have listed 5 different attacking scenarios that I believe go from the most common cases to the most extreme cases. Also, as the player attacking me is in the wrong (because I myself am always in the right) so it will always end with some sort of punishment.
1. Being called names in chat. I'm not talking about joke names like the ones we address our friends by, I'm taking about the real offensive names. ex. "Flacguy = dumb" or "Hey @PartyFoul10 do a servant key all." In light cases where I am only mildly offended, I will follow the staff rulebook and permanently ban whoever was insulting me, as they deserve it.
2. Being called names, repeatedly. There is a huge difference between being called dumb once and being called dumb twice, and I will not stand for it, especially if they are partaking in chatspam. If they say it once or twice, it still falls into the first category, maybe even thrice is fine. But four times? That crosses the line, that becomes the straw that breaks the camels back, it becomes the match thrown in the powder barrel, the spark that ignites a fire, the crack that breaks a dam (as can be seen here). The first thing that I would do would be to research my opponent. I would look up his name on all sorts of platforms, and if I get a match I would then proceed to flood their messages with bots. Of course, this is after I permanently IP ban them from the OPBlocks network.
3. Being cursed at in chat. As I am a strong catholic who practices my faith every single day by praying to our lord and savior Jesus Christ, I do not believe in bad words. When someone curses at me the last thing I would do is ban them, because that would tip them off. Instead of just spamming them in the aforementioned #2 scenario, I would begin to message anyone I could about their actions. Their parents would know they cursed, their boss would know they cursed, their significant other would know they cursed, and most importantly God would know they cursed. After ruining their social life by telling everyone they knew that they said the f word to me, only then would I blacklist them from the server, permanently.
4. Going so far as to doxx me. All the previous offenses only hurt mentally, not physically and socially. If a player were to doxx me the first then I would do is again, research. I would then go to the black market and buy a vial of premium corona and pay off their significant other to either slip it into one of their drinks or to transmit it to them via other methods. Once they are quarantined, I would make sure to ban them from the server under the pretense that they would infect all the other members of the OPBlocks network.
5. Attack me IRL. This is the worst way that I believe a player could attack me on the OPBlocks network. Depending on how many members of my family that they killed/kidnapped, I would warn them that number of times for 'staff disrespect.'

You catch a friend breaking the rules. How would you approach this situation?
Ignore it

If a rule has been broken but is not fully explained, what will you do?
Obviously this deserves a permanent ban because whoever was punished is now talking back against their punishment in some sort of appeal, which I believe to be staff disrespect. If the rule is not fully explained, it is completely up to them to make sure to follow the rule in any way it could possibly be explained. For example, if someone I knew said the f word and they had played on the OPBlocks server before, I would follow what I said in the aforementioned #3 case because, lets just say that the rule is "No cursing," it never says whether it means on the server or not so I would obviously have to uphold it wherever and whenever it occurs.

I want to apologize to anyone who has read or will read my second staff application, as that application has an extreme lack of effort compared to my first application and this one.

I do eagerly await my acceptance to the OPBlocks staff team. Thank you for reading this, and to anyone who skipped to the bottom to give it a +1 instead of analyzing the whole thing with the finest magnifying glass you could find, you should probably re-read it, lest you believe this application is a work of satire, which it is clearly not.

And no, I am not proofreading this application, as I believe my grammar and word choice to be impeccable.

Edit:
I believe that I accidentally clicked "off topic" before writing this instead of "staff applications," but I do not want staff to worry so I will move it myself upon being accepted.
Lies I claim title of best BQ gang pvper sir I'm g0dlike sick combos no closet no cap. Never knew you were interested in being a staff member tho lmao. Application quality is what like 100x better than anything posted on Staff Applications for the past 4-5 months and actually has substance. Best application ever read in my life so I will give you my 100% serious response. You've actually played this server for a hella long time so you know what's going on. Big up +1

Robrussia

Retired Russian
All these words in this response and none of them were right

I will follow the staff rulebook and permanently ban whoever was insulting me, as they deserve it.
My guy, you can’t perma ban someone who is mean to you... just follow the rule book.

To be honest, you said “ignore it” when a friend is breaking the rules. That alone will not get you accepted.

Pros:
Active
Known in the community

Cons:
Application isn’t serious
[doublepost=1584795374,1584795334][/doublepost]I can’t tell if this is even serious enough to be moved to “Staff applications”, but i’ll move it there anyways.

My guy, you can’t perma ban someone who is mean to you... just follow the rule book.

To be honest, you said “ignore it” when a friend is breaking the rules. That alone will not get you accepted.

Pros:
Active
Known in the community

Cons:
[doublepost=1584795374,1584795334][/doublepost]I can’t tell if this is even serious enough to be moved to “Staff applications”, but i’ll move it there anyways.
I think he put it in off topic to be respectful and not put a joke in the actual applications. It's clearly a joke and not meant to be taken seriously.

xFlied

Dedicated Member
I think he put it in off topic to be respectful and not put a joke in the actual applications. It's clearly a joke and not meant to be taken seriously.
What do you mean a joke? I was being completely serious the whole time. But can someone please move this application back into off-topic I want the honor and joy of moving it myself whence I become staff.

SuperPiggeh

Infamous Member

Pros:
Active
Known in the community

Cons:
you have absolutely no sense of humor, good lord
you must be fun at parties

Epic1Online

This has gotta be the most effort I've seen put into a staff app, +98798761.
Actually you know what, I'm gonna try to convince Saito to hand over the entire server.