Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

1 year mutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

merighthere

Dedicated Member
Now, someone players for example @MeRightHere are getting muted for a pretty long time (1 year) for "telling" someone to commit suicide. yes this is an extremely bad offence that some players do not take very seriously, when yes this is obviously a very serious topic as some people are affected and offended by suicides. Yes this topic should be taken seriously but hear me out.

Although I know these are meant to be "permanent" mutes I think they're way too long (yes its permanent but 1 year is still way too long.) In my opinion mutes should last about 30 days (a month) maximum thus letting the players look forward to actually talking again. Obviously waiting out a year mute is boring and really no body will wait that long to be unmuted. I also think its quiet unfair, yes suicide is very serious but a mute shouldn't last a year. Thoughts everyone?

Edit: Yes if they offend more than once or twice I see why it should be permanent.
1 Year is a bit long but the players just have to deal with it. For example i've just quit and found some other server to play while my mute is still active :/ I wish it was a 1 month mute and i have really just been sad and mad and annoyed and so on about it....

But hey i'm just that one newby player that bought a rank after to little time playing on the server.

merighthere

Dedicated Member
Honestly, the punishment is fine. It's a horrible thing to say to somebody. If they've truly learnt their lesson, they can appeal after a month (to prove that they have reconciled over the incident) and they'll probably be unmuted if the staff team feels that they won't do it again.

Honestly, no. This would just lead people to believe that this isn't a severe and damaging thing to say. People have to learn that saying something like "kill yourself" is a genuinely hurtful thing; the 1 year mute on the first offence is definitely justified.
I can't wait for something amazingly bad like a 1 year mute happening to you. I'm just mad at you...

D

DannyBoyGamer32

Some body's life is very important, and suicide is very serious and not should be taken lightly.

I think somebody shouldn't be muted on the spot if it's not directed, or if they're asking a question, but you just need to remember if you asking a question use /helpop instead of putting it in chat so if its a question like that a player wont get offended.

365days is a bit, I think a 1 month mute is enough, but if they do it again, 6 month mute, then 12 months, because 12 months of the bat is a bit iffy

Also the player can be muted on severity of the message including the encouragement of suicide so, that all depends too.
Ouj, what if someone tries to poke fun and make you furious. On primemc, the community (a part of it) is utterly cancerous. People call me autistic every now and then and make fun of me and call me a racist because I hate RiceCum. People call me a racist for allegedly hating asians as i hate RiceGum. I myself am asian. These autistic (im a hypocrite because i am complaining about it) *******s yet hate on me. There are some kind of people who just DESERVE to be told to kill them self.

Ouj

That is so sad.

That you think that people deserve to kill themselves over a few words, please think about what you say because one word can end someones life. That's all I ask of.

No offence but I'd like you to reconsider that. Words have killed teens more then fists so it shows that people can be affected so negatively from words.

As deep as it may be, How would you feel if you called a user something offensive, and you found out the next day they took their own life over your words. Might want to tell those people that.

1 year is still a bit excessive, I would say
First Offense - Month
Second Offense - 6 Months
Third Offense (If It really gets there) - Permanent Mute

Last edited:

Ouj

Locked for reason stated above as well as there is no need for more replies.~ Message me personally on here for further inquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.