PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

1 year mutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eZMutes

Now, someone players for example @MeRightHere are getting muted for a pretty long time (1 year) for "telling" someone to commit suicide. yes this is an extremely bad offence that some players do not take very seriously, when yes this is obviously a very serious topic as some people are affected and offended by suicides. Yes this topic should be taken seriously but hear me out.

Although I know these are meant to be "permanent" mutes I think they're way too long (yes its permanent but 1 year is still way too long.) In my opinion mutes should last about 30 days (a month) maximum thus letting the players look forward to actually talking again. Obviously waiting out a year mute is boring and really no body will wait that long to be unmuted. I also think its quiet unfair, yes suicide is very serious but a mute shouldn't last a year. Thoughts everyone?

Edit: Yes if they offend more than once or twice I see why it should be permanent.

Last edited:

Jerreinemy

Now, someone players for example @MeRightHere are getting muted for a pretty long time (1 year) for "telling" someone to commit suicide. yes this is an extremely bad offence that some players do not take very seriously, when yes this is obviously a very serious topic as some people are affected and offended by suicides. Yes this topic should be taken seriously but hear me out.

Although I know these are meant to be "permanent" mutes I think they're way too long (yes its permanent but 1 year is still way too long.) In my opinion mutes should last about 30 days (a month) maximum thus letting the players look forward to actually talking again. Obviously waiting out a year mute is boring and really no body will wait that long to be unmuted. I also think its quiet unfair, yes suicide is very serious but a mute shouldn't last a year. Thoughts everyone?
They should add first offense second offense then therd offense,

ImVegan

skuxx deluxe
Honestly, the punishment is fine. It's a horrible thing to say to somebody. If they've truly learnt their lesson, they can appeal after a month (to prove that they have reconciled over the incident) and they'll probably be unmuted if the staff team feels that they won't do it again.
They should add first offense second offense then therd offense,
Honestly, no. This would just lead people to believe that this isn't a severe and damaging thing to say. People have to learn that saying something like "kill yourself" is a genuinely hurtful thing; the 1 year mute on the first offence is definitely justified.

eZMutes

Honestly, the punishment is fine. It's a horrible thing to say to somebody. If they've truly learnt their lesson, they can appeal after a month (to prove that they have reconciled over the incident) and they'll probably be unmuted if the staff team feels that they won't do it again.

Honestly, no. This would just lead people to believe that this isn't a severe and damaging thing to say. People have to learn that saying something like "kill yourself" is a genuinely hurtful thing; the 1 year mute on the first offence is definitely justified.
Its not, obviously if someone didn't even meant it and they get a year mute they shouldn't be muted for that long. For the ones who mean it, give them a chance to redeem themselves, if you were muted for a year you would be pretty pissed off.

ImVegan

skuxx deluxe
if someone didn't even meant it and they get a year mute they shouldn't be muted for that long.
I don't understand. How can you tell someone to take their own life and, I quote, "didn't even meant it"?
if you were muted for a year you would be pretty pissed off.
That's why you don't do it in the first place. Harsh punishments exist for harsh offences. If you were told to kill yourself you would also be pretty pissed off.
give them a chance to redeem themselves
http://www.opblocks.com/forums/player-appeals.20/
Thoughts everyone?
You literally just asked for my opinion and later said it was wrong, reinforcing your own point of view. If you want to participate in a discussion, you have to let people be entitled to their own opinions. You asked for thoughts, so accept that others have a different point of view without retorting back your argument.

Ouj

Some body's life is very important, and suicide is very serious and not should be taken lightly.

I think somebody shouldn't be muted on the spot if it's not directed, or if they're asking a question, but you just need to remember if you asking a question use /helpop instead of putting it in chat so if its a question like that a player wont get offended.

365days is a bit, I think a 1 month mute is enough, but if they do it again, 6 month mute, then 12 months, because 12 months of the bat is a bit iffy

Also the player can be muted on severity of the message including the encouragement of suicide so, that all depends too.

Owl

Dedicated Member
I don't understand. How can you tell someone to take their own life and, I quote, "didn't even meant it"?

That's why you don't do it in the first place. Harsh punishments exist for harsh offences. If you were told to kill yourself you would also be pretty pissed off.

You literally just asked for my opinion and later said it was wrong, reinforcing your own point of view. If you want to participate in a discussion, you have to let people be entitled to their own opinions. You asked for thoughts, so accept that others have a different point of view without retorting back your argument.
Well I got a year mute for no telling someone to kill themselves and there was no way they could of taken it the wrong way. Yes I've been on suicide watch but people saying stuff on the internet doesn't do anything to me. For you have ever been in depression and someone said kys then yeah you would start questioning but I mean come on. A years mute for no reason on my part is terrible but ezmute deserves it.

eZMutes

Someone in chat said *Commits suicide* and got muted for a year. I get told to kill myself all the time on other servers haha, so not really. Your opinion matters and I'm sorry for taking that away from you.

Also @Speed__xD I'm not the one that got muted, I'm sticking up for other players.

Owl

Dedicated Member
Someone in chat said *Commits suicide* and got muted for a year. I get told to kill myself all the time on other servers haha, so not really. Your opinion matters and I'm sorry for taking that away from you.
Yes but *Commits suicide* is still encouraging it. For example (it's unlikely but) anything on the topic of suicide could push someone over the line. It's not a good thing to get in the habit of because yes it does and can extremely hurt people.

eZMutes

Yes but *Commits suicide* is still encouraging it. For example (it's unlikely but) anything on the topic of suicide could push someone over the line. It's not a good thing to get in the habit of because yes it does and can extremely hurt people.
Yes I know it's an extremely horrific topic, and yes people can easily be pushed over the edge but one year right off the bat is unfair, because they might not have meant it.

Owl

Dedicated Member
Yes I know it's an extremely horrific topic, and yes people can easily be pushed over the edge but one year right off the bat is unfair, because they might not have meant it.
I didn't even imply or say anything around suicidal encouragement and I got a year mute.

Owl

Dedicated Member
So why don't you think you should get your mute shortened? Lets be real here this server wont even be around for another year.
Yeah that's true I guess but that's cause I didn't do anything if you did encourage it you deserve it

eZMutes

Yeah that's true I guess but that's cause I didn't do anything if you did encourage it you deserve it
Indeed if you did it you deserved it, but not for a year, that's insane. (Btw I will no longer be replying to you as I feel like I'm posting way to much here and I want others to reply, sorry!)

Edit: Yes if they offend more than once or twice I see why it should be permanent.
he didnt tell someone to comment suicide he got muted for no reason im kinda mad at it :/

yeah but even if he didnt direct it to anyone i dont think it should be a year mute like nothing should be a year mute a couple of weeks maybe? i dont understand why they muted him for a year

eZMutes

yeah but even if he didnt direct it to anyone i dont think it should be a year mute like nothing should be a year mute a couple of weeks maybe? i dont understand why they muted him for a year
This is what I'm trying to sort out I also believe its very unfair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.