1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied xTactical's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by xTactical, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xTactical

xTactical Member

Member Name
    xTactical

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

IGN
    My current username is xTactical.

Previous IGN(s)
    My previous IGNs (from oldest to newest):
    aedan23
    Zunyite
    iAedan
    RawrWithAedan

Timezone
    My timezone is Eastern Time. I reside in New York, USA.

I am 13-years-old, born October 22nd, 2003. Although this is under the age that the team is looking for, I believe I'm a dependable and reliable person that you can trust with this position.

Donor Rank
    I have the Muncher rank.

Application

What realm do you play on?
    As the only realm on the server, I clearly play on the single realm that there is.

What times are you most often online?
    I'm most often on during the times of 10 AM - 1 PM, and 6 PM - 9 PM. These times are the most common times where my time is not interrupted by sports or family gatherings. As it is summer, I'm more than willing to get on at any time that we need - I try to be a very flexible staff member to help the team out as much as possible.

Monday: 9 AM - 11 AM, 3 PM - 10 PM (Max: 9 hours)
    Tuesday: 11 AM - 1 PM, 4 PM - 10 PM (Max: 8 hours)
    Wednesday: 9 AM - 11 AM, 3 PM - 10 PM (Max: 9 hours)
    Thursday: 11 AM - 1 PM, 4 PM - 10 PM (Max: 8 hours)
    Friday: 11 AM - 1 PM, 4 PM - 10 PM (Max: 9 hours)
    Saturday: 8 AM - 10 AM, 2 PM - 5 PM, 8 - 11 PM (Max: 8 hours)
    Sunday: 11 AM - 3 PM, 7-11 PM (Max: 8 hours)

Times that I will spend on the forums will be almost equal to the times listed above, except a bit longer in both the morning and night times.

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
    I have been banned once before on a server under the name of LemonCloud, for Community Disruption. This was back in April 2016 - June/July 2016, so I do not believe this should affect my chances as I was younger then, as well as less mature. My ban was due to myself being a toxic player and getting 1 or 2 mutes and warnings for Staff Disrespect. I had easily broken the rules a couple times and it resulted in me getting permanently banned from the network by the manager. Fortunately, after a few months, the "case" was settled and I was unbanned from the network. I've learned from this experience and have found that instead of getting mad about issues and resulting in breaking the rules in rage, I should make suggestions and try to help the server in a calmer, less violent way. I have moved on from this experience.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
    I have previous experience staffing and moderating on a few types of platforms.

I've been a staff member on both PrimeMC (1000-2000 playerbase) & LemonCloud (500-1000 playerbase). My experience on LemonCloud went on during the time span of December 2015 - February 2016, well over a year ago. This opportunity was really the first most important and big chance to show what I could do as a staff member. The first two months as a staff member, I thought when really smoothly. As a helper, I progressed to do many of the Reports on the forums, and overtime I achieved 2000 posts and 1000 positive reactions. I handed out 500 punishments on LemonCloud. Although, halfway through the month of February I was demoted for Immaturity. I was told that I had been immature in staff chats, TeamSpeak, and other parts of the network. This came to be very devastating for me as I loved my experience on the team, but I took it the wrong way and this was one of the big reasons that got me banned. Even though it ended poorly, I got out many of my current skills that I use today while being on the team. I learned the basics of staff commands, what to do in certain situations, and also learning more about being mature and sensible which at the time I just did not understand.

As a staff member on PrimeMC, during the time span of September 2016 - February 2017, I also learned very much about being a staff member and a member of the MC Community. This position really put my skills to the test as being a staff member was not easy at Prime. Constantly, you were checked for punishment records and activity, and if you were not up to date you'd get warnings. I was a staff member on Prison for the 1st month of my duties, and then also added Skyblock to one of the servers I staffed on. I tried my best on the team to do good and responsible work, except after 6 months I never received a promotion from the team. At the end of 5 months, I started to lose interest because of the same responsibilities and losing promotions to others who I thought I could do better than. I was demoted for inactivity, as I thought I would be. I'm very mad at myself for not either resigning or staying with it, because instead of resigning now people take me getting demoted as a bad thing. Although, I learned much more from this experience such as leadership skills, the willingness to work harder each day, and helping others to the fullest of my abilities.

I've also moderated fairly small Discord servers that included people buying, selling and trading Minecraft goods such as OG Name Accounts and Development Services. From these experiences I've learned my way around Discord.

I think with these experiences, I have the skill-set and mindset to do great things on OPBlocks. Hopefully, if I progress through the staff ladder, my experiences above will help me continue on and work as harder as ever.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

I am active on the TeamSpeak. While on the TeamSpeak, I try to interact with other players in the community and help players in their when I get the chance to.

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
    I am able to record in viewable quality. I record using OBS.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
    I would like to be a staff member on OPBlocks for a few reasons.

One reason I'd like to be a staff member on OPBlocks is because I really enjoy the server and it's community, and by joining the staff team I would hope to help improve the gameplay, maintain a friendly and safe community, and work with team members to help the server grow. I understand the commands and gameplay of OPBlocks, which I can use to help other players. I'm also a sensible and smart person for my age.

I'd also like to be a staff member because I enjoy helping players everyday on OPBlocks, and as a staff member I feel as I could contribute even more by joining the team and assist people further than what an average player can do.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
    I've experienced both of these situations before, and I think I have a good idea of how I would react to both situations:

Being denied - If my application was denied, I'd read the administrator's / staff member's denial message and find reasons as to why I was denied. From that point on, I would work to improve the denial reasons and hopefully after the time limit is over, I will reapply for the team and hopefully become a better and stronger applicant.

Being demoted - If I was demoted from the staff team, I'd do the same if I was denied - I would look over my demotion message, fix mistakes that I had made while on the team, and reapply if I feel that I want to join the team again.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
    I'd react with a calm and collected head. I'd punish them accordingly if the offense was strong enough for a punishment, and if not I'd brush it off and wouldn't let it bother me.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
    Aug 16, 2016

Is there anything else we should know?
    My latest application (should I even say latest? It has almost been a year) was denied because I was under the age limit at the time (I was 12, the age limit was 13).

As you can hopefully assume, my first language is indeed English. Through self-practice and having multiple relatives speak Dutch, I also have a decent understanding of the language and can use this to help in case a Dutch speaker comes on, and needs help, I can support him/her.

I'm a very friendly person when people reach out to me. In recent years, Minecraft has been a way to find friends and interact with people because, in real life, I find it more difficult to reach out to people because I rather not face rejection or embarrassment, which I've faced in the past. I'm a welcoming person and would never want to hurt anyone's feelings.

I enjoy spending time watching shows on Netflix or TV. I also like playing my Nintendo DS, Phone Games, and playing sports such as soccer, basketball and lacrosse. On OPBlocks, I spend my time speaking with players in chat, collecting / upgrading candy, and upgrading my pickaxe.

I think I'd be a great person to fit in for another staff position. With my experience, personality, hard working mindset and activity, I can help improve and maintain the great community we have at OPBlocks.

I'm really excited to see how my attempt at helper goes, and I thank everyone who has supported me up to this point and will continue supporting me regardless of the outcome.

#1 xTactical, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Aussie__

Aussie__ Active Member

Few things I would like to point out:

-Started playing again within the last month
    -Was demoted on lemoncloud
    -500 punishments is not a lot for being a staff member more then 2 months on prime. You were expected to get at least 100 a week.
    -Dishonest in the past (Lying about ages)

I wish you the best of luck,
    -Gia

#2 Aussie__, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  3. CookieYT

CookieYT Active Member

GL Aeden! You said "Administrator's / Staff Member's " when it's Admin (Mochi is the one who does the staff apps)

4. xTactical

xTactical Member

Demotion on LemonCloud was back in Feb. 2016, that's been over a year now :) also im positive that as a staff here on OPB i'll be achieving my expected punishment requirements. thanks for the luck!
    Thanks Cookie! I know Mochi is the one who does staff applications, but there's also a chance that another staff member (Amazing) could be doing applications when mine is reviewed :) thanks for the feedback!

5. DdubsRulez2

DdubsRulez2 Infamous Member

Application looks fine, but you should've waited a bit more before applying since you've only been back on the forums for the past 10 days.

You were also banned on MCM (MC-Market) for scamming (with IRL money) a bit over a month ago, which isn't good.

Good luck nevertheless!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. xTactical

xTactical Member

The ban on MCM was really Cookies in my opinion, they never looked at my side of the story and only went with the person who had the more popular side. If they would've gave me a chance to pay back I would've but instead they went with the an.

7. Rizuri

Rizuri Infamous Member

You still seem new to the forums and I think you could add more detail, it's a pretty short app. +/-0

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wammy2

Wammy2 Active Member

Nice application, just a few things. When were you staff on Primemc because if you only turned 13 recently then you couldn't have been staff there for 2 months. +0.5

9. xTactical

xTactical Member

I'm pretty familiar with the forums, and with my application I try not make a lengthy application with less important details, but a smaller application that shows my strengths. I'll be sure to add more detail though, thank you!
    I actually turned 13 in October, so I'll be turning 14 in around 3/4 months!

10. Jer

Jer Well-Known Member

Bad at lemon cloud Fudge you

11. xTactical

xTactical Member

Oh? Do you have any past IGNs I might remember you by?..

And I believe I learned from my mistakes at LemonCloud, which occurred 1/almost 2 years ago. If not I would have made the same mistakes at Prime.

12. Jer

Jer Well-Known Member

I have an alt yes. And the fudge you I was trying to say somthing else.

13. soyup

soyup Well-Known Member

-1 server hopper

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. xTactical

xTactical Member

What account is your alt?
    Not a server hopper?

15. 34D

34D Senior Member

I'm going to have to give you a -1 because even though I've known you for 1 1/2 years, you weren't very active and you seem to want to be staff just for the sake of it.

16. xTactical

xTactical Member

I was actually a pretty active staff member on both LemonCloud and PrimeMC?

17. DdubsRulez2

DdubsRulez2 Infamous Member

I think 34D is saying that you haven't been very active on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. WhyShouldIEver

WhyShouldIEver Well-Known Member

I understand people's concerns about you not being as active on here, but really when you just want to be staff on a server it can really benefit. I believe you could be a good staff member from your past experience and I know you will become more active if the opportunity is given a chance.

+0.5

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. xTactical

xTactical Member

My assumption was he meant earlier and not now, he used were.
    Thank you WhyShouldI.

20. CookieYT

CookieYT Active Member

tbh from what ik, Aeden is pretty active :) so idk what you guys are talking about

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.