1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied TheChickensGod's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by TheChickensGod, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheChickensGod

TheChickensGod Senior Member

Member Name
    TheChickensGod

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

IGN
    Preciously

Previous IGN(s)

Previous IGN
    iChiqken
    IChickensGod
    TheChickensGod
    Waley15
    Link to my Namemc
    https://namemc.com/profile/IChickensGod/a7ef

Timezone
    United States of America. Arizona. Mountain Time

Donor Rank
    Muncher

What realm do you play on?
    I have always played on Lollipop. Because of its popularity and I've played Lollipop in OPBlocksV1

What times are you most often online?
    School Days

5:25-6:20Am
    5Pm-8Pm
    NonSchool Days
    I'll get on randomly, but I'll be on near 12.

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
    No, I have not. I have been warned for character spam. I was spamming numbers in chat. And playing a game where we go as high as we can. So one player saids 1 and everyone tries to say numbers but not the same. I was stupid and started spamming numbers. And I feel really sorry for what I have done. And I have been tempmuted, but unmuted reasoning because I did not do anything wrong.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
    I have no experience in staffing. As I want OPblocks to be my first. I know that it means I'm unexperienced. But I have to start somewhere. And I know this might sound like I'm really immature, but I have to start somewhere.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?
    Yes, but not anymore. I've learned to use a timer and I keep track of time really well. If this ever happens. I would isolate myself with just my homework and work diligently. Therefore meaning I haven't experience this scenario in a couple months now.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?
    I have a working microphone
    All of the above
    I have 2 accounts on teamspeak. Since my computer mic sucked. I bought the app on my phone so I have a working microphone. My names on Ts are TheChickensGod and TheChickensGod 2

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
    Yes, I have tried Bandicam out and plan to learn to use OBS.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
    I want to be staff. As I feel I would be a good staff member. I look a lot in chat and not lazy in helping players. I love helping others and I want to make OPBlocks, hacker free, and players who don't follow the rules free. I also understand how OPBlocks work, meaning I can answer questions that players have. I spend a lot of time on OPBlocks and in all versions of it. And I understand the rules and I have great ideas that can help OPBlocks become better. I myself believe I will be a great staff member. I know all the staff members by either talking with them or playing with them. I have committed all my time on Minecraft to OPBlocks. I can go through stress easily and can get work done efficiently.
    How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
    I have experienced this twice now. And I have reviewed my staff application and read comments of what I did wrong and try to correct myself. And improve what I am now.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
    I will annoy their comments and just warn them or ask a staff what I should do. Becuase I don't take critizisim too personally, if I think it's good or a good helper, that's all that matters and what the staff members think of me.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?
    2 others and this one

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
    Oct 10, 2016

Is there anything else we should know?
    I also just wanted to add. OPBlocks is the only server I play on, so I would always be on OPBlocks. Especially if I become a staff member.
    Pros
    Respectful
    Mature
    Understandable
    Patient
    Loyal
    Helpful
    Friendly

Cons
    Loves games too much
    If you guys have any Pros or Cons you think should be added, please comment below.

Thank you for reading my staff application.

#1 TheChickensGod, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. LeanAndRekt

LeanAndRekt Active Member

I would suggest adding more details and maybe even editing it like adding color to it. As you just posted it recently, not giving you a rating in case you are still making changes.

3. Sosa

Sosa Active Member

Well, that's a bad trait to have, isn't it...

Add may more detail, its lacking in a lot of sections.
    Never see you online.

4. gwq

gwq Infamous Member

You are friendly but this application is too short. You need much more detail bruh

5. DdubsRulez2

DdubsRulez2 Infamous Member

Why did you put dead at the end of this link? It should just be: https://namemc.com/profile/IChickensGod/a7ef
    You will annoy them?

I see him online all the time, you must be in a different time zone.

A good application, but it definitely needs more detail. Good luck!

6. ShiroHibikii

ShiroHibikii Well-Known Member

United States of America*
    And to my knowledge you are using the word "reasoning" completely wrong, check the dictionary and maybe redo the grammar on your application.
    ???????? Annoy them? Are you a harasser or a staff if that is the case?

The application is decent but it extremely lacks in detail. You say things many people would say but never really elaborate on it. You are somewhat notorious for being short-tempered and always becoming really mad randomly, but I have seen improvement since then but it still shows at times.
    The thing that worries me about staff with new experience is if you can handle moderating at least 100 people constantly for hours, stress really hits you if you aren't mentally prepared. In general, you may want to rephrase a lot of stuff in your application, because it's as if you are listing something instead of answering the question... But i'll give it a +0
    ~ Kafuu

7. JustAOwl

JustAOwl Senior Member

Hey TheChickensGod nice application but here are some of my suggestions.

I suggest adding a timetable here.
    OpBlocks should never come I front of your education, it might rarely happen but if this is familiar you need to work on it.
    I'm on ts sometimes for the entire day and have yet to see you on.
    Annoying a player is never good, if you are to annoy a player than you don't deserve staff.
    Getting mad easily as lots of us do is not a good trait, with the server having multiple crainer fans you will be flooded and loose your temper.

So in the end -1 from me.
    (Add a lot more detail)

8. TheChickensGod

Color doesn't affect the staff application.
    affect the staff application.
    When I mean annoy them, means I annoy what they say about me and then do what staff do, like warn them or ask a staff for help.
    I'll edit that out, thanks.

9. TheChickensGod

When i mean get mad easily, not from staffing, but from my personal life. Like in PvP, if I die.

10. TheChickensGod

There is no one to talk to, they are either in a private channel or afk.

11. JustAOwl

JustAOwl Senior Member

Than ask for the channel password?
    I suggest editing out the annoying part as people will take it the wrong way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheChickensGod

I do ask players, but they never respond. And ok I will.

13. crya

crya Active Member

you're never on TS

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. TheChickensGod

Please read what I said to JustaOwl

15. crya

crya Active Member

i'm on basically 24/7 and I have yet seen you connect once, don't start lying. @Cowie can confirm that too

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. TheChickensGod

Am I saying I'm always looking? I take it when it ask are you active, it meaning are you on ts. I get on and see if anyone is on I can talk to, if not I leave. I'm not active like 24/7 and I don't believe I ever see you on.

17. _PaniK

_PaniK Member

I would suggest adding a lot more detail and possibly since you haven't had any staffing experience, make a free server and start getting familiar with plug-ins. I'm sure they will have customize ones but, there will be ones that related to the plugins that OpB provides for players experience. Also, referring to what @angyma said on another application, re-read through what you have wrote and see if you can make it more mature or professional. Before you ask, Yes I can provide examples (Ex. "If you were called a useless helper/builder... that isn't really how to go upon that situation). Try to say, you will try to get them to explain why do they think that and ask how do you think you can improve whatever they think you are doing wrong. Other than that, Great Application.

#17 _PaniK, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. TacobellCJ

TacobellCJ Active Member

TBH I totally disagree with you, Chicken is very active and this has alot of detail.
    EDIT: Except for the getting mad part, I agree with you on that

+1

~CJB123

19. LuckyCommander

LuckyCommander Well-Known Member

I think you would make a good staff member. You're helpful and a good friend. But, this application lacks detail, mostly in the why you want to be staff bit. Good Luck <3

20. Sosa

Sosa Active Member

??? These aren't the same mate. Personal life is when you have something at school; like you're being bullied, or you have a mental disability.
    And that shows a lot of immaturity, nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.