1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Suggestion - Forums

Discussion in 'Accepted Suggestions' started by Unhappiness, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unhappiness

Unhappiness Senior Member

Which area is your suggestion for:
    Forums
    What is your suggestion:
    Make staff that resign have to re-apply to get staff again.
    How will your suggestion improve OPBlocks:

So all of it is basically in the title. Make staff re-apply instead of just being given their position back... Like it's actually so dumb, and I honestly don't get why it's even a thing. Like make them apply, and just accept their application not long after instead. The way it is now is a straight up insult to anyone who takes time to make a great application, that doesn't get responded to for like 8 years...

@HyzukiV2

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. HyzukiV2

HyzukiV2 Active Member

Exactly I don't see how they should just be able to hit Luigi up and get promoted back

3. FencingGreyhound

FencingGreyhound Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Any exstaff that are promoted back to staff are first voted on by current staff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Goddessics

Goddessics Well-Known Member

Which is held secret.

5. Unhappiness

Unhappiness Senior Member

I still don't support the idea. Everyone should apply / re-apply if they want staff.

6. JustACookie

JustACookie Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

I partly agree with this, the reason certain staff members were given their position back is that Luigi and all the other staff members found them to be suited for the team and that they didn't do a half bad job when they were staff. I'm sure you remembered I had to re-apply when I resigned in March 2017 and reapplied for staff later July 2017. I'm pretty sure I would've been given back my role as Moderator but due to the community hate and all the drama and a few cons about me, I had to sit through and re-apply. I didn't hate the idea, in fact, I enjoyed it, it gave the community a chance to share their opinions towards me as a staff member which I took all advice given to me on the application even though there was a bit if dislike and hate, I handled it pretty maturely. I'm perfectly fine with Savage and Annegare being given back their roles. Many players from the community really enjoyed Annegare when she was Moderator back in v2, and yes Savage is probably not everyone's favourite but he gets his point across. Not everyone is going to like every staff member, even I myself get some hate but I learn to accept it and improve upon my mistakes as staff. If I had to say anything about this suggestion, I would say that it would be smarter to get at least a few community members (Well-Known) their votes towards giving certain players their staff ranks back. I found out from the recent time I reapplied, patience is key, it gives the community and you some time to think "Is this really a good idea?" "Would I be fitting for the server again?" before re-applying.

Sorry for me rambling on, no hate on the suggestion, and no hate on how things are currently being handled. Luigi has a pretty good sense when it comes to which staff members deserve their ranks, etc. In my opinion, Luigi is a fantastic person to be dealing with the promotions and demotions and knows how to hold a staff team together pretty well. If it wasn't for Luigi, I probably would've resigned by now, I don't really have a huge connection as I used to with the higher staff members. Back when Mochi and Chrissy were on the team, I would 99% the time go to them. Which ruined my communication with Luigi, later when they both left, I started talking and developing solutions with Luigi. I'm currently happy with how things have been working with the staff team and enjoy every day with them, they're like a family to me. So the staff members that were given their roles back as staff, I agree with all of them. - Cookie

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. HyzukiV2

HyzukiV2 Active Member

I disagree -1
    Lmao I guess I have to make this on topic if not I'll get banned for post farming

Let me elucidate something for you. The staff members are integral part of the server and that's undeniably true. Yet when the staff members turn out to be imbecilic the effect on the server turns out to be quite drastic. I think we all can remember the cookie we hated in v2 at least he changed, wait did he? Don't talk improving on yourself when you've never looked in the mirror before. Half of the server was and is done with you including the admins. And onto that Cambridge dude. No one wanted him as staff anyways I was basically the only one defending him which was a vacuous decision. But obviously people who are hated never realise why people hate them at least on this server. Comes back as staff just to ban someone who had hacked on him a long time ago. Lack of maturity and responsibility coupled with a false sense of rectitude not to mention holding grudges makes quite a large part of the staff team.
    There are exceptions though and those guys know who they are.
    It's not called firing shots it's called facts.
    And yes Rosie's perfectly fine

And thus I feel that because some staff members may not be as suitable as deemed by the manager when comparing the experiences with the community, they should have for reapply for the community to reassess the suitability of that particular person.

#7 HyzukiV2, May 11, 2018
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. kelly8282828

kelly8282828 Active Member

Lots of big words there can you dumb it down for me a little bit?
    First of all, I’d like to state I got nothing against you so don’t take offense to this. I agree, Luigi is a competent staff member and he’s earned my respect which is a lot coming from me. Via my history, everyone knows I have no love for staff. Regardless, the decision to accept Annegare and Savage back? Let me state something, a lot of people like Annegare because she’s a “nice” egirl. Not because of any respect she earned as a staff members. Most of the time, she was Afk/literally not doing anything. Then savage??? That kid getting staff again is the only thing I’d criticise Luigi on. Sure, Rose getting staff? Eh whatevs. She’s fine. But savage??? That kid is probably the most immature person I’ve met on OPB. He’s biased and Never proffessional. I don’t understand why literally the vote is kept between staff when literally it could’ve been so biased. Honestly, if you want to do that, then why don’t you go ban people on a vote? Primev2 love that corruptness logic there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Dedicated Member

nu -1 i want tu git mod again ezpz ban every1 dabbed on <o/

Why was this guy even accepted in the first place ^^^^

• Like Like x 1
  10. JustACookie

JustACookie Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

This will now apply unless the staff member is fairly well-liked and high ranked, thank you for suggesting.

Suggestion Accepted

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.