1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied Shrek's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Shrek, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek

Shrek Member

Member Name
    Shrek

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

IGN
    qoolqunt

Previous IGN(s)
    https://namemc.com/profile/qoolqunt.1

Timezone
    UTC+08:00

Donor Rank
    CandyPrince

Application

What realm do you play on?
    I play equally on both realms as of now, I've been focusing on factions recently because it has just been released. I have played on opblocks since the end of v2, and have been fairly well known in my time.

What times are you most often online?
    Monday - 4:30pm-9:30pm
    Tuesday - 4:30pm-9:30pm
    Wednesday - 4:30pm-9:30pm
    Thursday - 4:30pm-9:30pm
    Friday - 4:30-11:00/12:00
    Saturday - Whenever possible
    Sunday - Whenever possible

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
    I have not.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
    I've co-owned a server, back in 2015 with my cousin. It had as many players ranging from 5-15 at a time. This was my first time being a staff member of any server.

No other previous experience, but I have a good knowledge of the rule set of opblocks, as I've been playing it for nearly 2 years.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

All of the above

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
    Yes, I record with Bandicam, at 1080p and 300-400 fps

Here is an example :

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
    The reason I am applying for staff on opblocks is that I feel like I could make a positive impact on how the community runs, help out in situations when needed, etc.

I am applying because I feel like it's the right time to apply, as I have a heap of experience on opblocks.

Also, I feel that I have always looked up and aspired to be a staff member, They have always helped me out when I needed it, and were extremely friendly from the encounters I have had. Encountering problems and helping out other players really brings me pleasure, especially to make their experience as opblocks a brilliant one. :)

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
    I wouldn't take it to heart and/or be angry. In general, i'm a pretty chill guy who is willing to help out others in need.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
    If it's staff harassment, I'd deal out the suitable punishment. If it's not punishable, I would send them a msg with a warning to stop before dealing out further punishments if it gets more severe.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?
    N/A

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
    N/A

Is there anything else we should know?
    Being in high school, I don't normally have a heap of time during the school year, but I will definitely make time in my day for opblocks if needed.

Thank you for reading my application.:) Don't be afraid to harshly criticise me if there is room for improvement, and I will try and answer any and every person's response.

#1 Shrek, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  2. shevthicc

shevthicc Member

+1.

Although his application isn't really long its good. It explains about him. He's really helpful in-game. He's the second person I go to too ask questions (First is Chrissy). Although the only criticism is that I think you should elaborate more on your Scenarios Section

3. Shrek

Shrek Member

Cheers for the reply man, i'll try and make it more complicated/elaborative in areas i can find. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. ShaunyShauny

ShaunyShauny Member

So... you want them to know that you will definitely...??

Besides that, +1 :3

Edit: lmao that name history XD jsjs

#4 ShaunyShauny, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  5. Shrek

Shrek Member

Oh lord, i forgot to finish my sentence hahah. Thanks for the pickup :p

6. _SavAgE_X

_SavAgE_X Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Know you since v3, nice person (who sometimes gets carried away, but who doesn't? :D). The application reflects that. I also don't see any errors in my eyes.

The only thing which I'm not convinced about is your IGN "qoolqunt" can be read to be a curse. Which seems to be a fairly immature username.
    Another thing is even since you posted your application I NEVER see you help people, so I would like to see you actually help rather than call people out who are bad at pvp. To be fair I've never seen you help anyone.

Anyways good luck with your application!

#6 _SavAgE_X, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shrek

Shrek Member

Yeah, my name is that because when my friend came over, he changed it. I can change it again in 10 days i believe so i'll pounce down that as soon as possible

• Like Like x 1
  8. 34D

34D Senior Member

+0 as you have been immature but overall is a pretty nice person

9. Shrek

Shrek Member

Haven't really spoken to you in-game. But I would like to meet you :).

10. Suffocatings

Suffocatings Senior Member

+1

living meme, and ur ok idk man havent spoken in some time

11. Shrek

Shrek Member

Yeah man, haven't talked in a while, and you're great fun so i'd like to chat sometime :)

Cheers for the feedback everyone! it's really appreciated. :)

12. MyrticsYT

MyrticsYT Active Member

To me you have been pretty immature +0

13. ShiroHibikii

ShiroHibikii Well-Known Member

Pardon me if I make any mistakes in my judgement as I just woke up.

I have been playing since mid-v1 and have been very well known in v2 (Apologies for the brag), I don't know if my memory is fried or I have never seen you before. Although, your past IGNs do ring a bell to some degree.

Do tell us and elaborate on what staffing skills you have learnt and what you can bring from the knowledge you attained from staffing in 2015 back then into the OPBlocks staffing team.

If you are able to provide a sample video that would help immensely.

Although some may feel that emojis indicate a sign of immaturity, I don't really follow that type of mentality. Anyways, you answer directly to the question and that is already a plus for me. The only problem with this is that you lack any decent elaboration. The ending of this section also sounds a bit weird so try to re-read it and fix it.

A bit too informal for my liking, but that might just be me. Just remember actions speak louder than words. If this application were to be denied, I would be keeping a keen eye on how will you react. Other than that, just try to make it sound a bit more formal.

Wording is a bit wonky here. Also think what if the person who is calling you a useless helper is giving you constructive criticism instead? The only time where it would be a punishable offense is if they REALLY cross the line and break the rules.

Nothing to really say about here since it doesn't hold much of a significant value to me. However, any indication of reassurance that you can do well as a staff member is appreciated.

Overall, pretty solid application, wording choice is a bit meh and lacks a huge amount of elaboration.

- Hibiki (Kryo)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Shrek

Shrek Member

Thanks for your feedback. I have added an example video as you suggested, and I’m re-reading through it for informalities that could be changed.
    Cheers
    ~Shrek

15. OfficialFood

OfficialFood Senior Member

-1, you're very toxic in chat and discord. think you'd be too immature to be featured on the staff team. (this isn't posted because of my opinions on you in facs bc we're enemies, it's just my true thought on your actions) Also, adding a bit more detail wouldn't hurt.

16. Shrek

Shrek Member

I respect your opinion, and I will try harder to be a nicer person towards you if you’re getting the wrong vibe from me.

17. OfficialFood

please don't be toxic one day and then the next be nice for your app. if you really wanted to, be nice for months, change your whole attitude, dont make some fake persona acting like you are super mature and nice towards all players. we both know you are toxic and trying to change in one day because you made an app and try to get people to respect you and feel you are different. ngl, if this app is denied you will be toxic in chat and won't care. you will be toxic in discord to everyone you dislike.

18. G4v1n

G4v1n New Member

I agree with this, you do act very toxic towards the whole of flux faction, we may act toxic back but no need to respond if we are.

19. Shrek

Shrek Member

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I find it ironic how everyone in the Flux faction is giving me a -1, which I find to be bias, but that’s just my opinion.

20. OfficialFood

it's because we play the server. we know your actions the best as we are enemies and compete the most. players read your app, think you're chill and mature but don't know how you really act. you are v toxic and immature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.