Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Scamming

Should there be a punishment for scamming?

• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DdubsRulez2

Infamous Member
@Amazing doesn't understand. We want scamming to be bannable, and if you do (or don't), please vote. Let the community talk.
Beat me to making a thread like this : p
Its already been suggested twice, with an overwhelming amount of support. I've talked to Mochi about it in pm's. She pretty much said the rules aren't changing, scamming is allowed on almost every other prison server (which is false), and we have to ask Amazing to change it.

All of the you tubers we have (Bionic and F1nn) have a younger audience, and I personally just feel bad for them having scamming allowed :/ They join the server either because they like it or they want to meet their favorite Youtuber, but then they get scammed.

Having scamming allowed is not a good way to get new players staying on the server / a good player base.

If any staff members or players think they have a good reason for scamming being punishable, say it please, but don't lock the thread.

I hope no flame wars start here, just a friendly argument ;3

Amazing

retired mineman
Use /trade, use /withdraw, use /auction, don't be stupid when making deals with players you don't trust - it's not difficult.

This rule will not be changed.

WhyShouldIEver

Use /trade, use /withdraw, use /auction, don't be stupid when making deals with players you don't trust - it's not difficult.

Do you not understand that newcomers (aka people who watch the youtubers) may not know that? Some of them could be 5! Unless you make public announcements every 5 minutes saying 'watch out for scammers, don't be stupid.' then there's like a 75% chance a kid will get scammed.

Also, why would you even remove it? What's the point? So it's easier for you? Heck, I could do scam reports myself, it would only take 25 minutes.

Last edited:

Amazing

retired mineman
Do you not understand that newcomers (aka people who watch the youtubers) may not know that? Some of them could be 5! Unless you make public announcements every 5 minutes saying 'watch out for scammers, don't be stupid.' then there's like a 75% chance a kid will get scammed.

Also, why would you even remove it? What's the point? So it's easier for you? Heck, I could do scam reports myself, it would only take 25 minutes.
I think saying some of the kids that are playing on here are 5 years old is a stretch, I would say the youngest is maybe 8-9.
All of the new youtubers we're getting to record are here have a much older fanbase, because they typically make videos on hardcore factions servers - unlike crainers fans which are mainly extremely young children.

If our server was still trying to appeal to the very young demographic of minecraft players (7-10 years old), then I wouldn't change this rule. We also wouldn't have changed the general theme of the server (from candy to a normal prison).

And it's nothing about it being "easier for me", if that was the case I would just ask the staff to handle it.

We have given players more than enough capability to avoid being scammed, and if people still do, they can blame their own incompetence.

You're wasting your time, as long as I'm Manager - this rule will not be changed. (unless trkey asks me to :eek:)

WhyShouldIEver

I think saying some of the kids that are playing on here are 5 years old is a stretch, I would say the youngest is maybe 8-9.
All of the new youtubers we're getting to record are here have a much older fanbase, because they typically make videos on hardcore factions servers - unlike crainers fans which are mainly extremely young children.

If our server was still trying to appeal to the very young demographic of minecraft players (7-10 years old), then I wouldn't change this rule. We also wouldn't have changed the general theme of the server (from candy to a normal prison).

And it's nothing about it being "easier for me", if that was the case I would just ask the staff to handle it.

We have given players more than enough capability to avoid being scammed, and if people still do, they can blame their own incompetence.

You're wasting your time, as long as I'm Manager - this rule will not be changed. (unless trkey asks me to :eek:)
I can almost guarantee that most of the youtuber's fanbase is 6-10 yearolds, no doubt. I just don't understand why you'd just take away a rule like that? Like what's the point?

Some kid is gonna get scammed and he'll/she'll make a report and when it gets denied they will flip. There's just no actual reason to revoking the rule besides that you think that people should be smart enough. Newsflash, some people are literally stupid.

My advice is to just be wary, if a deal sounds to good to be true, then it probably is. And also use /trade or use the auction house. But hey, that's my two cents. (I don't really care if there's a punishment or not, this arguement is just getting out of hand)

Rizuri

Infamous Member

I'm sorry but what you just said is rude and insensible. Yes you are the manager but we are the ones who play. The players know what gives, ultimately, the best playing experience. If most of the server feels that scamming should be punishable I suggest you show some concern about the topic. The server already only has about 40ppl, by arguing with these 40 the number is just gonna go down. Some people here play the server every day and have experienced more of it than the "manager" himself and from their experience they feel that scamming should be punishable. So please consider this before you start replying.

FencingGreyhound

/trade doesn't always work with /withdraw.
/withdraw doesn't give a good indicator of the amount, it just shows the amount with no commas or words.
/auction is easier scammed by those who can rename items to other things.
So now that your argument on these commands being scam proof is defected, you can listen to those who have been on the server for much longer and know the player base better.

Mutah

Dedicated Member
i only do transaction with player is its in ah or I have them on skype.
I don't do withdraw because it doesnt show the amount of money that was withdrawed. @Amazing if you could add this it would also help a lot to players.

Amazing

retired mineman
I can almost guarantee that most of the youtuber's fanbase is 6-10 yearolds, no doubt. I just don't understand why you'd just take away a rule like that? Like what's the point?

Some kid is gonna get scammed and he'll/she'll make a report and when it gets denied they will flip. There's just no actual reason to revoking the rule besides that you think that people should be smart enough. Newsflash, some people are literally stupid.
Have you ever watched one of F1NN5TER's videos? He's very vulgar and appeals to teenage players, Mutant not so much, but he hasn't brought us many players anyway.

then why did you change it
Because I find the rule unnecessary.
If we didn't have the features that we currently have in place to prevent scamming, then I would see a reason for the rule.

I'm sorry but what you just said is rude and insensible. Yes you are the manager but we are the ones who play. The players know what gives, ultimately, the best playing experience. If most of the server feels that scamming should be punishable I suggest you show some concern about the topic. The server already only has about 40ppl, by arguing with these 40 the number is just gonna go down. Some people here play the server every day and have experienced more of it than the "manager" himself and from their experience they feel that scamming should be punishable. So please consider this before you start replying.
Can you tell me what exactly I said that came off as rude?

Also, if me replying to all of these threads and engaging in a genuine discussion about the topic isn't showing concern - then I don't know what does. It's not like I changed the rule and am now just deleting all of these threads opposing the change.

And to your "arguing" comment - I don't like to consider this an argument, I like to consider it a conversation. "argument" sounds like we're at each-others throats. I'm responding to these threads professionally and have no intention to have a malicious argument with the community.

I 100% agree that the community knows more about this server than I do, as I've only been here for a few months. Which is why I have asked Mochi pretty much every step along the way for guidance whenever I'm looking for update ideas, etc...
But that does not mean that I can't make any changes that I personally believe are valid.

/withdraw doesn't give a good indicator of the amount, it just shows the amount with no commas or words.
So now that your argument on these commands being scam proof is defected, you can listen to those who have been on the server for much longer and know the player base better.
What's wrong with /trade specifically?
All of the issues with /withdraw will be fixed on this weekends update.
We removed /rename, so that shouldn't be an issue with auction anymore. Also people can't change the lores, which display what rank the pickaxe is.

WhyShouldIEver

Have you ever watched one of F1NN5TER's videos? He's very vulgar and appeals to teenage players, Mutant not so much, but he hasn't brought us many players anyway.
Have you ever watched shane dawson? He's extremely vulgar and kids in grade 1 at my school fantasize over him. Also, saying that a youtuber hasn't brought many players is kind of a rude thing to say lol.

P.S: You still haven't answered my question, 'What is the point of even taking away the rule (besides the fact that people should not be stupid)?'. It's just a random and unnecessary thing to do, and it's not exactly helping the server. It just makes no sense.

DdubsRulez2

Infamous Member

Because I find the rule unnecessary.
If we didn't have the features that we currently have in place to prevent scamming, then I would see a reason for the rule.

Can you tell me what exactly I said that came off as rude?

Also, if me replying to all of these threads and engaging in a genuine discussion about the topic isn't showing concern - then I don't know what does. It's not like I changed the rule and am now just deleting all of these threads opposing the change.

And to your "arguing" comment - I don't like to consider this an argument, I like to consider it a conversation. "argument" sounds like we're at each-others throats. I'm responding to these threads professionally and have no intention to have a malicious argument with the community.

I 100% agree that the community knows more about this server than I do, as I've only been here for a few months. Which is why I have asked Mochi pretty much every step along the way for guidance whenever I'm looking for update ideas, etc...
But that does not mean that I can't make any changes that I personally believe are valid.

What's wrong with /trade specifically?
All of the issues with /withdraw will be fixed on this weekends update.
We removed /rename, so that shouldn't be an issue with auction anymore. Also people can't change the lores, which display what rank the pickaxe is.
If this server appeals to older people, then why is **** censored on the forums?

Edit: Cr..ap

nathannn

flâneurstrator
Staff member
I understand that we all want this rule to be changed back, but the Manager is second in charge around here, so can we not just respect his opinion, and see how this rule change goes? What if it doesn't effect anybody? If necessary I'm sure Amazing can add a message that pops up in chat often to be away from scammers, somebody could make a guide on how to detect one, and we could link it in the message.

OMG_Its_Rock

This may not be hardcore but honestly you are whining if you complain about being scammed, its a part of prison to scam. You should be smart enough to know if someone wants to scam you or not, you can take percautions to not be scammed. I agree with Amazing with this honestly. Even if this is supposed to be a child friendly server, it's still a part of prison. Children are bright enough to be able to understand scamming, they are capable of such. If someone quits because of a scam, its their fault for being scammed, you have /trade and such to prevent this. This is a gift with the fact that I used to play a prison server that SSundee fans played on where scamming was allowed and /trade didn't exist!

Last edited:
You actually can't rename things, as the command has been ripped out of the server, and most official items are in bold or are colored. For example, candy warrior gear or tools...
Also, most people on the server know how to count...

PUCK

ʀᴇᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛʙᴜꜱᴛᴇʀ
I understand that we all want this rule to be changed back, but the Manager is second in charge around here, so can we not just respect his opinion, and see how this rule change goes? What if it doesn't effect anybody? If necessary I'm sure Amazing can add a message that pops up in chat often to be away from scammers, somebody could make a guide on how to detect one, and we could link it in the message.
what exactly would you put on the post?

"if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is?" lol for one, that statement is totally not true. Sometimes people just do not know the eco on this server.

DdubsRulez2

Infamous Member
, but the Manager is second in charge around here, so can we not just respect his opinion, and see how this rule change goes?
It's not the fact the we don't respect his opinion, it's that he doesn't respect ours. I don't think he understands that without us players, this server would go down and he wouldn't be Manager anymore. He wont listen to us, he just keeps saying the rule wont be changed, although I think 99% of the players want the rule changed.

AwesomeAgent10

Yeah, I'm with @Amazing children ages 8+ can simply do this. By this age, you should know how to read and do some basic things for yourself. But I do also agree with @WhyShouldIEver as there can be a notice at spawn or broadcast to remind players you can do this.

All I'm saying is with a little effort we can all help to keep the scammers back as there is no need for a heavy penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.