1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied SaltyDepression's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by SaltyDepression, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaltyDepression

Member Name
    SaltyDepression

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes, all except the age requirement.

Player Information

IGN
    SaltyDepression

Previous IGN(s)
    NameMC: https://namemc.com/profile/SaltyDepression.1

Timezone
    PDT

Donor Rank
    CandyKing

Application

What realm do you play on?
    Lollipop

What times are you most often online?
    I will most likely be on every other day, from about 4:00pm-9:00pm on weekdays, 12:00pm-10:00pm on Saturday, and 9:00am-5:00pm on Sunday. However, this isn't accurate all the time.

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
    Yes, I have been temporarily banned on CubeCraft for hacking, recently in fact. I'm not going to say the cliche of "I've learned from this experience and I'll never do it again", but I know the difference between putting yourself at an advantage and ruining the game, and having fun privately. I was also banned on Hypixel for my beautiful username as of 11/19/17.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
    None, unless you can count a server with three friends playing about every month for 3 hours.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

I am active on the TeamSpeak

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
    Yes, and I have a sample right here:

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
    Honestly it comes down to the community. I have been on since mid V3, and since then have loved the style of both the server, and the fact that everyone is so nice (mostly). I want to become a staff member because I want to repay the community that helped me actually enjoy life when sometimes I forget what it means to really have fun.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
    Being denied, it wouldn't hurt as much, especially since I'm 11 and I would figure that would be the main reason why, but if there was another I would probably wait until I could again and re-apply. I would also consider why they denied me, and try to work on that. People might also think this was rushed and I didn't put any thought into it, but I did. Being demoted is a different situation, and if I was, realistically it would hurt. I love the community, and to be honest it really is just a rank, but there is a meaning behind the rank of Helper, Mod, Sr.Mod, etc. Demotion would throw me off, and I would move on, but not forget it. I would try to improve as much as I can, try to not get angry, and, simply put, just try as hard as I can. However, I wouldn't say that I would get mad or angry at the people who demoted me, or blame other staff.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
    I would punish them accordingly, move on, and try to improve, if it really was a valid reason. And what I feel would be the target of this would be my age, and I feel like I can defend myself against toxic players for this very reason.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?
    None.

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
    N/A.

Is there anything else we should know?
    I will in the near future, have a working microphone, and I would love to be a staff member of this server.

#1 SaltyDepression, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  2. gwq

gwq Infamous Member

+1
    Helpful,friendly and mature

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. BazerKing

BazerKing Well-Known Member

How can you see into my eyes like open doors?
    Leading you down, into my core
    Where I've become so numb, without a soul
    My spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
    Until you find it there, and lead it, back, home
    Wake me up inside
    Wake me up inside
    Call my name and save me from the dark
    Bid my blood to run
    Before I come undone
    Save me from the nothing I've become
    Now that I know what I'm without
    You can't just leave me
    Breathe into me and make me real
    Bring me to life
    Wake me up inside
    Wake me up inside
    Bid my blood to run
    Before I come undone
    Bring me to life
    Bring me to life
    Frozen inside, without your touch
    Without your love, darling
    Only you are my life
    Among the dead
    I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems
    Got to open my eyes to everything
    Don't let me die here
    Bring, me, to, life
    Wake me up inside
    Wake me up inside
    Bid my blood to run
    Before I come undone
    Bring me to life
    Bring me to life
    Bring me to life

+1 helpful, ugly, calm to prevent postfarming cuz im a good boy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. SaltyDepression

Thanks!
    um... thanks?

#4 SaltyDepression, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  5. LuckyCommander

LuckyCommander Well-Known Member

bit concerned as to why you put more into the "how would you respond to your app being denied" than the "why you want to be staff" bit but good luck either way

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Wedek

Wedek Active Member

+1, friendly, helpful, dedicated, and made a banging vid

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MyrticsYT

MyrticsYT Active Member

Good application. But I think for your age being 11 you should put way more detail into each question so when people read this they know you are really mature but since I know you and have had talked to you for a while I know you are mature +1 from me.
    Good luck buddy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SaltyDepression

Thanks for the feedback, I will try to input your comments into my staff application.

Thank you for the compliments!

Thank you for the feedback, and for the compliments. I will try to improve based on what you have suggested.

9. kelly8282828

kelly8282828 Active Member

Don't you have to be a little older to be staff?

10. Mutah

Mutah Senior Member

no it is just a set number
    you can still apply if you are 1 year younger they want to maturity in you

11. Stoveh

Stoveh New Member

Would have a reliable chance of being Staff, i thnk the age is pretty much low due maturity... but i think you have shown proof in this application to be a mature person.

12. kelly8282828

Ew no -100000 not mature if you know him in game...

13. OgMinisuga

OgMinisuga Active Member

+1 good person

-Suga

14. Goddessics

Goddessics Active Member

Oh dear, wow uhm, I think you would be good staff but there are some things I am majorly concerned about. The “Why do you want to be staff” is not very descriptive. I’m getting the feeling where you want to be staff because it’s cool and chill. Your age is not a concern to me. Even though you are very mature from personal references, I just don’t think you could mentally handle the staffing job. Age 11 is when I went into 6th grade. The stress and anxiety of the new adjustment was tough for everyone. You will be constantly asked to do something for other people and be pulled in every direction. Also, if you observed other’s staff applications the set up from yours and theirs are different. Another thing I am worried about is the demotion/denial answer. You seem to be very passionate about achieving the title of ‘staff’. I enjoy seeing that ambition but if you did get demoted I would be afraid of what would happen. You would obviously be upset and maybe lash out at staff. I do NOT want that happening. Many other players would accept what happened and fix their ways of communicating and helping the player-base, but you did not say that. Finally I am EXTREMELY worried about the ‘getting bullied’ part. OpBlocks does not want their staff to be aggressive towards their players. Even if they’re insulting you or your friends you SHOULD NOT insult them, or talk back in a rude manner. Accept what they are saying, and try to be responsible of your own actions. You would obviously warn them for staff disrespect, but I hope that you wouldn’t lash out. Don’t let your ego get in the way of your job. I’m just pointing out the negative things though. I would recommend you adding onto your application in more, finer detail, and the average application set up. I think if you tried your hardest and maintained a clean reputation you would be a good helper. +1

#14 Goddessics, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TheBaconnator

TheBaconnator Member

+1 GoddessIsHawter definitely summed everything that should be said about this application. I always try to judge on maturity and not age. Age is just a number. I believe you will do good on the staff team. Best of luck to you.

16. SaltyDepression

Well, if parts of my staff application were not detailed, your response was. Also I do not want you to concern yourself with my school issues, because my elementary school includes 6th grade, so I at least am not stressed about it for now. However, thank you for the feedback and concern. Also, please explain where my ego came in?

Thanks for the cheers and positive feedback Mini!

Thank you for the kind words.

Thank you for the good luck and positive feedback! Even though I do not think I have met you in game, you still send kind words to me.

#16 SaltyDepression, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  17. Wedek

Wedek Active Member

Be more specific with the "Thanks for the feedback." It shows you really care.

It'd be better if you specified what you were thanking them for, for what about. - wdake

18. kelly8282828

-1000 Immature person which comes from the lack of experience of dealing with people. You are too quick to react and trigger probably because you're too young. Also, I know I'm not your favorite person, but you are constantly trying to start up fights with me in game. This is not a good trait for a staff to have. Makes you super immature and not ready for staff.

19. Goddessics

Goddessics Active Member

I have to admit that you ARE mature enough to be staff. But you never mentioned your temper. This constructive criticism is hitting you obviously hard. These comments are supposed to help you, not knock you down. “Thank you for the feedback” is masking your feelings about this. We want to know what you think of this. You won’t become staff if you don’t publicize your changes. People can’t read your mind and see if you understood what I stated. We need more feedback.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. kelly8282828

He's not mature if you think his is... you're missing something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.