1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Owl's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Owl, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emogf69

emogf69 Senior Member

5 months is a really long time when it comes to opb and the amount of resets we get yikes

2. Owl

Owl Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Hello Goddessics, although this reply is quite confusing, I'll do my best to explain myself. I am a version 1-4 player that has recently come back. I had recently decided to come back for the release of V7 and have fallen back in love with not just Minecraft, but the community overall.
    I don't think that the length of my application should be what bases off how I act when you have never met me. I had quit for a year which is when I assume you joined and left by.
    Thank you!
    Thank you for the support Burger!

3. Lefky10

Lefky10 Active Member

Since the release of V7, I have seen you online either as much or more than I have, and I am online a lot. Your application is very well written but I would suggest to make the "Why you want to be staff" and "How would you react to your application being denied or demotion as a staff member" a little more detailed. Also add in a video of your recording software, just record a 1v1 in duels and add that video in. Best of luck to you!

4. Dream

Dream Active Member

I mean, personally I don’t know who he is either Goddessics, but we both played when I think he had quit/took a break. I was kind of confused on if he was a legit rand, but check his ratings.

I don’t think you are really active on forums because Tori and I have been on forums since we both quit/got banned. You should probably become more active even though I am not refuting the claim that you are not an og.

In regards to toxicity, I mean let’s be real here. This Sugarty community is the most toxic Fudgeing thing ever. Puck and simon, you’ve both done Sugar in the past you ain’t proud of. That don’t mean you are a Sugarty person, just means you were growing up in an environment that was extremely toxic. Not to mention, Savage managed to get staff and stay staff even tho he was toxic asf i the past and present.

KaosLord You’re saying bla bla doesn’t give him a right. But like, you were staff and you are extremely toxic and immature at times. And lets be real, by standards of the OPB staff team- owl would fit right in.

And despite everything, rizuri did +1 your app. His opinion and word is highly regard- and shouldn’t be taken lightly even tho he hates me. ;(

+1 from me as well

5. Owl

Owl Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Hiya Lefky, thank you for your reply. I have added your suggestions.
    Thank you for the support Dream. I have just recently joined back at the release of V7 so I can understand why players may consider me a random. Due to not playing prior, I have not been the most active on the forums but I am checking it as much as possible.

6. 4blake

4blake Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Owl said,” In my opinion, a staff member requires the following traits” then used the acronym HAM. While I am not sure if this was intented to sound like he invented it or not, it did sound like that to me and a few other people commenting. When I saw it I recognized it from KryoticBaka’s staff app (one of the first to be accepted when OPblocks split from prime) While I do not yet have an opinion on Owl, and I am not sure whether he intended it to sound like the acronym was his own, I just wanted to clear that up.
    https://opblocks.com/threads/kryoticbakas-first-staff-application.44/
    There is a link to KryoticBaka’s application.

Note: Thank you for adding that in your application, it is always nice to give credit to previous staff who helped shape the server.

#46 4blake, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  7. Owl

Owl Helper
    Staff Member Helper

At the time of creating my application, I was in a call with Kry. Being pretty good friends I asked if I could use HAM, and Kry was completely fine with me using it. I had no intention of making it sound like I had made it. I have added credit to him in my application. Thank you for clearing that up.

#47 Owl, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  8. Duckehy

Duckehy New Member

So you have the pro for being active yet you were gone for like 3 versions?
    Aight buddy

9. JustACookie

JustACookie Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

After discussing with the other staff members, we have found you suitable for the team. Please start a conversation with me here on the forums or discord and we will get you started.

Application Accepted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.