Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Important OPBlocks v10 Content Suggestions

xFlied

Dedicated Member
Tbh I don't see why escaping pvp should be countered by CEs when these escape methods shouldn't exist in the first place. Enderpearls should be removed from pvp in the first place, it makes no sense for them to be inside and even if let's say fine we let people enderpearl in pvp, the cooldown should not be like 9 seconds my dude. At least 20-30 seconds in my opinion. Also punch 10? How does that make any sense whatsoever at all in pvp? The boost is crazy and yeah as you said just knock someone of a tree continuously till you have enough time to tp out. Maximum punch 4 makes sense to me IMO and I still say vanilla punch 2 is the best. And yeah the pvp is really really laggy even in duels. In PvP every 20 clicks registers about 2 hits? And it doesn’t even mean 20 clicks per seconds I mean like 20 clicks across 10 seconds still only registers 2 hits and I 100% can say that effects like strike contribute to the lag. I am fine with some CEs, shred is decent, maybe a strength CE, Vampiric is fine because these CE’s only change certain game values. They have no particle effect or tick render effect that needs to be loaded server side and sent making this 1 hit every 5 seconds pvp even laggier. Remove pvp escape routes and remove HIGHER LAG INDUCING custom enchants.

Adding laggy CE's to mitigate running is like tryna solve 1 problem by adding an even bigger one.
I'm all for enderpearls being removed, but I don't see that happening. What I do see possibly happening is the cooldown being made a lot longer. Also Saito said that the punch CE would be removed in v10 which would make the basic Punch II the max, which I also feel is very good (But idk why that wasn't followed through with). I don't think that the pvp CE's are making the server lag though, not that many people have good CE's right now and the ones that do are only active in pvp for basically no time. I also don't see why you said that strike 100% contributes to the lag? It basically does the same thing as shred but on HP and not armor. If anything the lag is caused by mining CE's, one second of mining with a max pick should be (according to logic) much more lag-inducing than even 30 seconds of two people fighting with max gear.
With no CE's, the chasing aspect of pvp turns into: you bowboost, you hit them once or twice, they bowboost away, and then it repeats over and over again. With CE's, the chasing aspect is basically the same except once slug or freeze procs, you can start whaling on them.

Vahald

Tbh I don't see why escaping pvp should be countered by CEs when these escape methods shouldn't exist in the first place. Enderpearls should be removed from pvp in the first place, it makes no sense for them to be inside and even if let's say fine we let people enderpearl in pvp, the cooldown should not be like 9 seconds my dude. At least 20-30 seconds in my opinion. Also punch 10? How does that make any sense whatsoever at all in pvp? The boost is crazy and yeah as you said just knock someone of a tree continuously till you have enough time to tp out. Maximum punch 4 makes sense to me IMO and I still say vanilla punch 2 is the best. And yeah the pvp is really really laggy even in duels. In PvP every 20 clicks registers about 2 hits? And it doesn’t even mean 20 clicks per seconds I mean like 20 clicks across 10 seconds still only registers 2 hits and I 100% can say that effects like strike contribute to the lag. I am fine with some CEs, shred is decent, maybe a strength CE, Vampiric is fine because these CE’s only change certain game values. They have no particle effect or tick render effect that needs to be loaded server side and sent making this 1 hit every 5 seconds pvp even laggier. Remove pvp escape routes and remove HIGHER LAG INDUCING custom enchants.

Adding laggy CE's to mitigate running is like tryna solve 1 problem by adding an even bigger one.
epearls should just be disabled in combat, even with a cooldown its still bad to have people pearling while in ct
also, do they actually have punch 10 bows? what
[doublepost=1567005643,1567005527][/doublepost]
I'm all for enderpearls being removed, but I don't see that happening. What I do see possibly happening is the cooldown being made a lot longer. Also Saito said that the punch CE would be removed in v10 which would make the basic Punch II the max, which I also feel is very good (But idk why that wasn't followed through with). I don't think that the pvp CE's are making the server lag though, not that many people have good CE's right now and the ones that do are only active in pvp for basically no time. I also don't see why you said that strike 100% contributes to the lag? It basically does the same thing as shred but on HP and not armor. If anything the lag is caused by mining CE's, one second of mining with a max pick should be (according to logic) much more lag-inducing than even 30 seconds of two people fighting with max gear.
With no CE's, the chasing aspect of pvp turns into: you bowboost, you hit them once or twice, they bowboost away, and then it repeats over and over again. With CE's, the chasing aspect is basically the same except once slug or freeze procs, you can start whaling on them.
>With no CE's, the chasing aspect of pvp turns into: you bowboost, you hit them once or twice, they bowboost away, and then it repeats over and over again. With CE's, the chasing aspect is basically the same except once slug or freeze procs, you can start whaling on them
thats how pvp works on most servers though
also why don't you see enderpearls being removed? i cant see why wouldnt they disable them in combat, usually servers have them disabled (except in kitpvp)

Idea: Weekly and daily competitions based on leaderboards. Basically have a leaderboard for weekly kills that resets every sunday or daily blocks mined that resets every midnight, basically all the leaderboards. For weekly leaderboards: #1 gets 5k ets, #2 gets 4k ets... #5-10 gets 1k ets; and for daily leaderboards: #1 gets 1k ets, #2 gets 500 ets, #3 gets 250 ets, #4-10 get 100 ets
Why this idea will be activity-based: This will encourage people to start participating in all the content the server has to offer instead of just mining 24/7, ignoring all the new content.
How this idea will effect the economy: Of course some people will dominate things like the blocks broken leaderboard or the kills leaderboard, but some leaderboards such as a theoretical "# of parkour completions leaderboard" or a "fish caught" leaderboard will be much more fair. I also feel that the rewards I listed are fair if not a little small. Dedicating enough time to get #1 on a weekly leaderboard deserves 5k etokens.
This will also help the economy as the server is just kicking off the new version, 1k ets is a big boost for new players who win the more obscure leaderboards. Tons of people will also start exploring the new content to try and win leaderboards that they got a late start on.

Possible leaderboard ideas:
1. Parkours completed
2. Fish caught
3. Pufferfish caught
4. Boss damage dealt
5. Chatgames won
I think introducing mcmmo would be interesting, it would give some other things to do. Like farming, woodcutting, and pvp are all things that we dont really do but would be useful if we had mcmmo