1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied MLGKillerPro's Third Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Rizuri, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rizuri

Rizuri Infamous Member

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes, I do.

IGN:

bq4

Previous IGN(s)(If username had been changed before):

abdkiller2002(a year ago)

MLGKillerPro

I use this username for most of my accounts in other games too, such as Call of Duty and Vain Glory.
    https://namemc.com/profile/bq4/938f2286

Timezone:

UTC+08:00 (Singapore)
    This differs from the time zones of most other staff members other than KuhakuYoshino.

Age (13+ age requirement):

I am currently 17 years of age and I am about to be 18 on the 21st of January.

Current Donor Rank (You must have one to be considered for staff):

Chomper. I am planning to directly buy CandyPrince soon most likely just after the V3 update.

What realm do you play on?:

Lollipop. On OPBlocks V1 I used to play on caramel but as lollipop is the main server now and is where most people play, I play on Lollipop.

What times are you most often online? (your timezone):

Monday-Friday
    Usually, 11a.m.-5p.m. in my timezone as my holidays are going on for the next 3 months.

After the holidays I can play from 4p.m.-10p.m. on most days.

Saturday-Sunday
    Time varies depending on what I have on the day itself but I usually can play for 4-5hrs regardless.
    Have you ever been banned or temporarily banned on any server?:

Yes, I have been temp banned here for bug abuse. I abused the arena glitch and I admit that
    I knowingly did it and I was in the wrong. I apologize for doing so as I know this ruins the game experience for other players and I should have been more sensible at that current time. I have also been banned on a few PVP servers like Badlion as I live in Asia which gives me bad ping in American and European servers so I used teleport glitched sometimes, which was caused by the lag and which also got me banned because the server thought I was hacking. However, my wi-fi upgrade has allowed me to have a better connection and much better ping so this doesn't occur anymore.

How long have you been playing on OPBlocks?:

I have been playing for more than a year if we take in consideration OPBlocks V1 and V2. I started playing V2 a few weeks after it was launched so I would say a few months if this is talking about V2

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing? (If none, then leave the question blank.):

My own server

1. I used to have my own server that I used to port forward and run myself and thus I am familiar wit commands and plugins. However, it was a small server that I wasn't really successful and only had about 25 people on.

EmeraldCraft
    2. I also was an admin on one of my friend's server called EmeraldCraft but it got shut down due to lack of funding and I can't seem to find the server page anymore.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?:

As I am in JC(Junior College) right now we don't really have much homework or work to bring back home. I tend to finish mine in school most of the time. If in any case if this situation does happen, I would prioritize finishing my homework first but make sure that I set some time for OPBlocks too. However, so far I have not experienced this problem yet and I doubt I will.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?:

I am very active on TeamSpeak and whenever I'm playing I'm usually on TeamSpeak too. yes, I do have a working microphone.

Are you able to record in viewable quality?:

I use fraps and can record in 1080p so yes I can record in viewable quality

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?:

I have been playing this server for a long time and have grown very fond of it. I have an attachment with this server and feel like I can do my part to help this server grow. Since I live in Asia, there are many times where there is no staff when I am on and hackers use this time to prey on the members here which I have suffered from too so I feel I could be online when most staff aren't online to watch over the server. This is the only Minecraft server that I really play on for a long period of time nowadays. I am dedicated and committed to playing on this server, but I feel I can do more to help the server as a staff member. I want to do more and help the server as a staff member. I want to actively participate in the growth of this server and to help new players integrate better into the server. When I was new to the server, the staff helped me a lot to understand the server better and guide me if I had any problems. I would like share this experience with all the other players new or old. I am very active which allows me to moderate chat better and catch more hackers. I really do think I can make a difference.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?

Denied: I would be disappointed as currently, this is the server I play the most and really love playing on. However, I will respect the staff's decision as I know they much have a good reason behind it and try harder next time to be a better player and may apply in the future when I feel I'm ready.

Demoted: If I get demoted I know that it would be my fault as I would only get demoted if I have done something wrong myself so I would not complain, but instead apologize and just continue playing like I usually do.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this? (Be honest.):

It has happened before but this doesn't faze me. I will use their insults to improve myself. I can use their insults constructively as I will now what areas I lack in and how I can improve myself as a staff and player. However, if they cross the line and do something against the server rules I will not hesitate to take the appropriate action such as muting them.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one? (If none, then leave the question blank.):

I have made 2 applications previously. Both of them were denied due to my own ignorance which I would like to apologize for. I never paid attention to the application rules which is the reason they got denied so I can only blame myself.

What is the date of the last application you’ve made? (If none, then leave the question blank.):

7 September 2016
    http://www.opblocks.com/threads/mlgkillerpro-2nd-staff-app.2116/

Is there anything else we should know?:

I love this server. I think it is great and fun to play on. I enjoy interacting with the other members and staff who are fun to talk to and play with. The reason that this staff application has less detail about me is that I realized that although my previous staff applications had more detail, they were not professional, I went off topic and didn't talk about this server and why I want to be staff but just more about myself. So, I have decided to be more straightforward here and get to the point and talk about why I think I should be a staff member on this server .

My Pros:
    I'm very active
    I'm an extrovert
    I try my best to be helpful towards other players
    I have a high tolerance level

My cons:
    I can be immature at times
    I can also be ignorant at times
    I may be muted on TS at times but I will still be on

I try my best not to be immature and ignorant and I try to make sure that I exercise self-control

Thank you for reading my staff application and please leave a comment below to inform me about what can I improve on in this staff application.

#1 Rizuri, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Yakub_

Yakub_ Member

There could be a bit more information in the first few questions add 1-3 sentences for each! Goodluck ~Rtul

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Rizuri

Rizuri Infamous Member

Thank you for the advice, I will tend to it immediately <3

4. JustACookie

JustACookie Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Hello, MLGKillerPro, glad to see you applying! Things that can improve your application are to add detail mainly because having one sentence questions isn't that great everyone wants to get to know you more and how nice you are. For more tips and help I recommend you read/reread over Coolkish's Staff Application Guide. Anyways I wish you the best of luck you're very kind and I can see high potential from you. ~JustACookie​

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Rizuri

Rizuri Infamous Member

Thank you for the feedback but in my last two sentences, I have stated my reading behind adding more detail compared to my previous staff applications that were filled with detail. Thank you anyways for the concern and feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wammy2

Wammy2 Active Member

I recon you could definatly use a lot more detail especially in the question "Why do you want to be a staff member?" im gonna gave to give it a +.25

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. CowOfSteel

CowOfSteel Resigned Moderátor

Remove the comma after "accounts" and add a comma after "too"

Timezones

KuhakuYoshino, not KryoticYosino

CandyPrince*

OPBlocks

Now

What??

OPBlocks

people

Can't

I rarely see you on TeamSpeak but that may be beacuse we are in different timezones

Make the text be Green intead of black for the pros

Make the text be red instead of black for cons
    Overall decent application with some grammar errors good luck my friend.
    +0.5

Sincerely,
    Cowie

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Rizuri

Rizuri Infamous Member

I will add a bit more, although I don't want to overdo it,my reasonings stated above, I will add more detail. Thanks for the advice <3

9. Rizuri

Rizuri Infamous Member

I have used Grammarly so I'm surprised to see so many spelling errors. Thank you so much for informing me about the mistakes. I am very grateful <3. Oh and I guess I don't see you on TeamSpeak because of our time zones as I am usually on OPBlocks TeamSpeak 5-6hrs a day

#9 Rizuri, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  10. Coolkish

Coolkish Guest

Thank you for taking the time to apply.

Unfortunately the application is lacking in detail, especially in the Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?, try expanding on what qualities and characteristics you have that will aid the staff team. I would also advise you to read the above comments and take them into consideration. You may re-apply in 1 months time. In the meantime I would recommend you read over the following guide:http://www.opblocks.com/threads/2211/

Application denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.