1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied Mike123's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Mike123, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike123

Mike123 Member

Member Name
    Mike123

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

IGN

Previous IGN(s)
    CaptainDerp_Xx
    Velox_Xx
    mikepowerboy
    https://namemc.com/profile/1671.4

Timezone
    Eastern Time Zone UTC-05:00 (East Coast USA)

Donor Rank
    CandyLord

Application

What realm do you play on?
    I mainly play on prisons currently but if I am needed on factions I will gladly come on to help if needed.

What times are you most often online?
    The times I will show you might not be always correct depending on if I have plans.
    Monday-Friday
    2PM-12AM
    Saturday-Sunday
    12PM-11PM

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
    I have been banned on Hypixel once for supposedly hacking and I was eventually unbanned.I was most likely banned for being reported and looked around alot while pvping.
    What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
    I have been a staff on other servers and I have to say it was a very memorable moment for me as I was helping people. There were many challenges along the way but I worked hard to make sure I can do my best and I learned from mistakes so I can say I have experience of being staff on other servers. (For some of you asking what servers I have been staff on I don't remember sorry).I can say that the types of servers had factions, prisons, skyblock, and kitpvp.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

I have a working microphone

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
    I can record in good quality with fairly not much lag while recording. I have reported a lot of people while recording for proof and they were good enough to get the hackers banned.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
    I want to be a staff member on OPBlocks for many reasons. I love to help people if they have any problems while playing on the server. I also like being a staff member because I like to help people if they have any trouble with anything. Finally, I want to be a staff member because I want to inspire people to work hard. I also want to be a staff member because I am very active on discord and forums so I want to help the server with what I can do such as being active to help anyone in need of help. When people depend on me I have to be there to help in any way and I love how my opinions would matter to help make the server better. The last reason I want to be a staff member on OPBlocks is that I have had an awesome time on this server since V5 of prison and the factions map were out.It would be an honor to be a staff member on my favorite server since not many servers seem to impress me like this server did.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
    If my staff application was denied I would take all the feedback I could get and learn from them to improve. I would then try and apply again If I think I have improved enough.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
    I would first try to be a good staff member In hopes of not being called anything or being bullied, but I would try to take the good feedback and work from that. I only like taking feedback from people who aren't being rude about it and just want to help.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?

Is there anything else we should know?

I play on the prison's a lot more then factions but I will get on factions if needed so I will try to be the best I can.
    Pros:
    I am a very active player.
    I am very helpful and experienced in being a staff member.
    I can come on if needed.
    If I get bullied I won't overreact and start to get angry.
    Cons:
    I might not be on sometimes as I have to do school work since its important to me.
    I don't use Teamspeak and I don't have Teamspeak.
    If I have plans I might be gone the whole day.

#1 Mike123, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. Walrus

Walrus New Member

Sir heh heh, this isnt the goddamn forum you put it in... you put it in the STAFF APPLICATIONS forum... tip: write a better app, realllllllly doubt that app getting accepted in any circumstance xDXXDDXD g

3. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Dedicated Member

What servers .-.
    No. Just no. I'm not even going to explain why this is bad it's so obvious

Anyways, the app is really short, just the thumbnail of your video takes up the same amount of space as your writing. Sorry but going to have to be a -1 from me, good luck anyways though.

4. Mike123

Mike123 Member

@SuperPiggeh I have taken your feedback and used it to try and improve my staff application. I would like to know if I improved from what it was before.

5. SuperPiggeh

Yeah, you did a good job improving it, just that saying you "don't remember" what server you staffed on isn't very believable, but everything else is better

6. Goddessics

Goddessics Well-Known Member

This is one of the better applications that have come in. Although you seem a bit immature there really isn’t anything bad. I would add on to why you want to be a staff member. I really don’t have an opinion except that I have never met you and have never heard someone speak of you. You also have 33 messages and 2 ratings. I hope you the best but -1.

7. Mike123

Mike123 Member

@Goddessics Thank you for your feedback and I have added onto why I want to be a staff member and I understand that I only have 33 messages. Also, I have been playing OPBlocks for a year already so I'm not sure how you haven't heard of me yet.

8. SuperPiggeh

I also just noticed that on your profile it says you're 19, but here you say you're 16? I don't know if this is a mistake or you're lying about your age, but I'm pretty sure lying about your age is an instant denial. Not saying you are, just saying if.

9. Suffocatings

Suffocatings Senior Member

As I really don't have a lot of time, I'm probably gonna make this pretty short!!

Make your application look nicer. You constantly switch between the answer being right below the question, and there being a space between the question and the answer. Figure out which one you want, and make the entire application like that. Also either change the colour of Pros / Cons, or unbold it. Atm It's kinda weird looking at it, as it kinda blends in with the question. (Pretty obvious it isn't a part of the question, but you get what I mean).

Additionally I recommend trying to look for any way to find proof you staffed on any servers. Any proof at all. If not, management most likely won't believe it, and take it as being false. Another thing I would strongly recommend doing is make sure you re-read your application looking for any minor mistakes. I didn't read all of your application as I barely have time to write this, but while looking over it quickly I found this:
    Just make a space between the dot, and the I.

But yeah, never seen you, never heard of you, don't know you.
    -1, not smart posting an application at 32 posts, and that low ratings. Get a little more known on the forums before applying.

#9 Suffocatings, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  10. OgMinisuga

OgMinisuga Active Member

Good application but before you started playing prison i only knew you from flux (which you wernt very active). plus you only have 34 messages which seems like a rush. Some tips you might want to take in, be more active on the server and on forums, also try learning the server more, i know youve been on the server for a year, but it still looks like you need to know a little more about the server and the forums. but other than that, best of luck on this staff application -1 (if it doesnt make sence im sorry its 1AM here)

11. DdubsRulez2

DdubsRulez2 Infamous Member

I’m having trouble believing you are on 23 hours a day on the weekends

12. Mike123

Mike123 Member

@SuperPiggeh I am actually 16 but I only just realized I put my age as 19 so I need to get it changed. Thank you for informing me about that.

On factions map 1 I was the most active for the last couple of months and even when there were a lot of people on I was still very active. Also, I played prisons V5 before I played factions.
    @OgMinisuga

#12 Mike123, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2018
  13. Suffocatings

Suffocatings Senior Member

Never remember seeing you around on either server actually.

14. kelly8282828

kelly8282828 Active Member

ok @Suffocatings
    If you've been on since that long and you're still a randy, then you really shouldn't be staff. LOL

15. Its4blake

Its4blake Member

Got to agree with most others. I don't believe you were that active.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. WizardStakes

WizardStakes Member

+0
    HEY, don't delete my post farming pls

17. OfficialFood

OfficialFood Senior Member

18. HyzukiV2

HyzukiV2 Active Member

Put some effort in.

19. Luigi

Luigi Well-Known Member

Hey, after looking into your application, we've decided you are not fit for staff just yet. I'd recommend getting your posts up on the forums and getting to know the community a bit more and you should put a little more effort into the application. Other than that, you should be good to go.

Application denied.
    You may apply again in 30 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.