Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

McPathos Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xMc

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

I have read and understood the requirements. I am currently posting more on the forums as I didn't know, that it was a mandatory requirement to have 100 posts as well as receiving the warnings I have. I understand why I have them and can explain 2 of the 3 which can be explained by both the person who gave them to me (Fugitive) and myself. From this, I have discovered that to apply for staff I needed to and have wisened up in the sense of watching how I talk and abiding to all the chat rules.

IGN:
McPathos (Nick: xMc)

Previous IGN(s) (If username has been changed before):
Mcreddog
https://namemc.com/profile/McPathos
Timezone:
GMT (00:00)

Age (13+ age requirement):
18 Years old (25/12/97)

Current Donor Rank (You must have one to be considered for staff):
Muncher/Gobbler after V1 transfer

What times are you most often online? (your timezone):
After the 18th of september I will find out my college time table, until then I can be available from 10am to around 10-12Pm
(I will edit my application once I found out the dates of college which is 3 days per week and also working certain days most weekend but if needed can be changed.)

Have you ever been banned or temporarily banned on any server?:

No. I haven't been seriously banned during the time period of 2014-2016.
I also have not been temporarily banned during that time either.

How long have you been playing on OPBlocks?:

Currently, I have been playing OPBV2 since it’s launch. I hope to be playing a lot longer though.
I started playing OPBV1 in early January and played until it’s merge.
In this time I met people who became close friends, some of which are staff and/or known players,(Mochi, Fugitive, Duck Cowie Legacy etc)
I feel I have spent enough time (Easily over 400 hours in total just on OPB V1/2) to qualify to apply for applying hence I am making one.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing? (If none, then leave the question blank.):
I have experience in moderating a community of multiple games including minecraft,Shattered skies, WarZ CS:GO, LoL and WoW.
I have been/currently been moderating for the community Anarchy Gaming for around 6 months now. I also tried to bring my own server up for Minecraft with builders and working around a small team including Mochi and other players that currently play V2.
I have also helped numerous mods/helpers currently on V2 including Fugitive,Mochi,Clerisy and Horah with multiple PvP hackers and recording for staff when needed.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?:
Personally I don't start school yet and when I start college just like school id make sure its done first before anything whether I need to ask a helper+ that I can't make it online and give them the time I can make it online but if the matter in person comes above OPB issues I will let someone know first instead of going M.I.A.( I can contact people on skype on my phone)
But this scenario should never occur i don`t leave things to be done until late i do them when asked to do them

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?:
Currently on the teamspeak around 15 hours a day and always on there when I am playing and not playing, I try to keep myself with the community whether that be on teamspeak or ingame

Are you able to record in viewable quality?:
I can record via shadow-play which records past 5-20 minutes and I can do this up to native resolution, so yes I would agree I can record in view-able quality.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?:
I feel as an EU player they aren't much staff on during the day for eu players. The staff who are on however are the dedicated staff members such as Clerisy and Fugitive

(Also horah but is also EU) go out of there way and staff the server during EU time even when it's late for them. I feel as an EU players who wants the server to have staff on at all times incase of the need of players. From helping current staff I understand the situation of the lack of EU staff being on and even the NA staff who don't come on during the times they have said in their applications or assigned to. (Staff who aren't listed I AM NOT, directing this at any staff)

I feel that I should do my part and help staff out or players in time of need when no staff or little are on. IE 300-400 server full with 1 staff member online.

I also feel personally i will bring a unique personality to the staff trying to bring in enjoyment of the game still since i noticed a lot of the current staff get really stressed out and it's easier to comfort the staff to help more than anything.

Also with the experience i have had on the previous communities such as Banter Blox,anarchy gaming and the current relationship with the current staff and members in OPB i feel i would get on as well as i currently do.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
Denied - I would understand for the reason given. I have no loss from submitting a staff application so no hard feeling.
Demotion - If the demotion was for something I did I would understand my own doing and respect the staff still. For needing less staff or not living up to the expectation I understand but there's no reason not to try my best.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this? (Be honest.):
In all honesty I have been in multiple extremely toxic games and community and spent numerous time on each one. Being bullied by a player is a sign of staff disrespect and will most likely result in the correct punished to what the player said. I am not known for indulging on peoples hate towards me but am known on taking the hate and dealing with it myself and not on the player/individuals.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one? (If none, then leave the question blank.):
What is the date of the last application you’ve made? (If none, then leave the question blank.):

Is there anything else we should know?:

Personal things about me:
Name: Daylon

I am used to toxicity and can contain myself in an unwanted environment.

I am experienced in finding players who hack the game and can get inside information on people who privately do so, also experienced in helping find issues with the server which was fixed (Plot custom enchants and numerous out of the map exploits which I told staff when I found them)

I am (I would say) Known in the community just lately have I been active on the forums as I haven't felt obliged to comment on people`s posts and messages etc

Things that I feel I will do well;

Be active during EU timezone,

I feel I'm mature enough to understand reasoning behind giving punishments,

I feel I am of age to logically make decisions based on the situation, IE hacked clients or people showing other people disrespect.

I can type quite fast(IMO) your score : 294 on Speedtest.aoeu.com,

So I feel I can manage a fast chat.

Bad things about me;

I have had a very toxic past, like i've said and haven`t really be brought up in the nicest of gaming environments, MC is the nicest community i've been apart of so far.
My parents don't really respect my privacy so sometimes I will have to just leave without warning or I won't have internet for a certain time but this is easily avoidable on my behalf
I am dyslexic and find it hard to read certain phrases and type grammatically correct although i am English and can fully understand it.

I hope this is good enough but would appreciate constructive criticism

Thank you for reading - Mc

Last edited by a moderator:

Ouj

You have 24 posts you need 100, You also need to be registered since 1month atleast , Other than that good luck
I was told by Jumpahh (even though he isn't manager anymore" that doesnt apply as the server hasn't been out for a month.

ShroomsDawg

This guy is a great lad and is friendly all the time! Only things I would suggest changing is fixing up your grammar, adding more detail and changing the color of the top question of meeting requirements to the same as the rest.

Other than that this is a great application backed up by a great player!

Good luck! :D

nathannn

flâneurstrator
Staff member
+1
+Active in game
+I know what you mean my there are no staff in GMT. (I am British too :p)
+Helpful and friendly
Good Luck!

soyup

+1 You're very active on teamspeak and in-game. It's fun talking with you on teamspeak and pvping with you. Good luck Pathos!

Huge vouch for this man. Have been talking to him sometime and I've got to say very smart guy with a lot of knowledge about pretty much everything that a Staffmember should know. He's also very mature and just the guy you should have in your team. Good luck bro!

Mochi

мocнι ♥
Great staff app! Few grammar mistakes and missing punctuations here and there, but other than that, I wish you good luck ;3

X

xMc

Huge vouch for this man. Have been talking to him sometime and I've got to say very smart guy with a lot of knowledge about pretty much everything that a Staffmember should know. He's also very mature and just the guy you should have in your team. Good luck bro!
Great staff app! Few grammar mistakes and missing punctuations here and there, but other than that, I wish you good luck ;3
ty snowflake : 3 and thanks wush means alot : 3

ShiroHibikii

Ah McPathos, very positive person indeed. I have talked with McPathos a few times in teamspeak and from my experience, he is a really really approachable and nice guy. He is very mature at his age and is very knowledgeable. Although his grammar is really really bad (No Offense), he knows what to do whenever he sees someone in need. Although I haven't got to known him much better, he really seems like a extremely potential candidate for staff. I wish you all the best and good luck!

E

emelade

Hello! First off, welcome to the forums! I am glad to see you applying, and I look forward to playing with you in-game. :) Now, your application has an awesome base. I still would suggest running it through a grammar checking website, as I found common mistakes throughout. I have yet to see you on Lollipop, but I am sure that will change quickly. I wish you the best of luck, have a good day!

X

xMc

Hello! First off, welcome to the forums! I am glad to see you applying, and I look forward to playing with you in-game. :) Now, your application has an awesome base. I still would suggest running it through a grammar checking website, as I found common mistakes throughout. I have yet to see you on Lollipop, but I am sure that will change quickly. I wish you the best of luck, have a good day!
I'm rarely off lollipop : 3 Thank you tho and yeah i started using Grammarly ,Thanks tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.