1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied LightSome's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by LightSome, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightSome

LightSome Infamous Member

Disclaimer;

The reason for my latest resignation was purely down to the management (Resilience). The manager at the time was terrifyingly inactive, there was a complete lack of communication, simple tasks were never completed on time, purchase supports were neglected (Like most of the manager's duties).

There were other things that had bothered me but those have been tackled by the staff team since my resignation, therefore I will not dwell on them.

I have not lost an interest in staffing nor OPBlocks, though I had pushed my self away from the team previously since I wanted to resign because of the factors above but it was hard since I really enjoyed my position. Therefore, I was rather immature and slightly toxic in my conversation on the server, which I take full responsibility for since it was not the mature thing to do.

There was also a recent incidence where I was allowed to break the regulations of the server, This was a controlled effort to uncover bias/evaluate individual staff members strengths and or weaknesses.

Member Name: LightSome

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?:

Yes, I currently meet all mandatory requirements, as well as having bonus factors, to become a member of the staff team (Once again...)

IGN: LightSome

Previous IGN'S;

LightSome
    xSavage_X
    _SavAgE_X
    LovesPhilosophy
    Betrayed_by_her
    x_TheWatcher_x
    SavTheSkyWarsGod
    _CampingRusher_
    _xXxGHOSTxXx_
    _Spiikeslayer_
    dawidillakowicz

https://namemc.com/search?q=LightSome
    I have had many IGN'S, I believe I will be sticking with LightSome on this account for the long run. If a better name does however appear, I will most likely change it.

Timezone;

My time zone (Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)) is currently one which is not filled by any staff member(s). This creates long periods of time where the chat is left unmoderated.

Age;

My current age is 16, I will be 17 on the 27th of December. I am a firm believer of age not representing maturity, I haven't always been the most mature individual, especially around the time I was staff the first time. I learnt from those mistakes by having an Administrator talk to me as well as seeing the negative reaction from the community.

Donor Rank;

CandyGod, I also have an alt which posses the rank of "muncher". Possessing a donor rank or not should not be deciding factor in an application. Your actions represent you, not how much money you have.

Application;

What realm do you play on?

There is currently only one realm. If factions were to be reborn I would hop between the game modes to aid any players with queries.
    If there would be an expansion of the server I would do my best with learning the game modes to be able to further my staffing capabilities.

What times are you most often online?

Please note that these times are subject to change, but any change to my schedule will be communicated to other staff members with advanced notice. The timetable is evidently going to change because of me starting my A-levels in College, this I will clearly prioritise however if there is a spambot or any other case I could deal with while using mine chat I will be able to do so throughout the day.

These times represent my activit*/*y on the server; not forums, TeamSpeak and discord. These timings are estimates, they are by no means final and are subject to change because of College or family emergencies.

Normal timings are as follows;

Mondays: No specific timings, If I am needed I will be able to log on for a few minutes. This is due to me going from college straight to M.O.D training.

Tuesdays: 18:00- 23:00

Wednesdays: 13:00- 23:00

Thursdays: 18:00-23:00

Fridays: 18:00-23:00

Weekends: 09:00-00:00

Holidays;

All weekdays: 10:00 am- 17:00 pm
    (In the evenings I will be on, however, due to the number of events I attend I am not listing specific timings since they will most likely be very inconsistent and therefore misleading).

Have you ever been banned from any other servers?

I have been banned from many servers in my past, all of these bans are firmly in my past and I am grateful for each and every experience. Each encounter taught me a valuable lesson which caused a strong growth of respect for the rules/regulations of a server.

OPBlocks- Reason for the ban; Hacked client and evading.

I appealed for the hacked client ban and was fortunate enough to have my ban revoked. Despite me not using the client the ban did leave a valuable lesson, It gave me an understanding of the pure shame you feel when you get labelled as a cheater. That is why I prefer to not hackusate anymore unless the ban has been reviewed by other staff members and is final.
    The evasion ban, I also appealed because of it being a huge misunderstanding. I am ever grateful for the patience and understanding of the then staff team who allowed me to continue to play on OPBlocks.

TheNexus- Reason for the ban; Hacked client

This was one of the first ban's I ever received, this was a fair ban as I had been messing around with hack clients/illegal modifications. I do not dispute with the Nexus staff teams decision as I at the time had no regard for the rules of the server, but now after being a staff member do fully understand the consequences of my actions not just of a personal cost but also a ripple effect on others affected by my immoral actions.

Hypixel- Reason for the ban; Hacke client

In all honesty, this is one of the stupidest bans I have ever received. For some misguided reason, I believed it would be funny to run around a moderator with speed taunting them. This act of pure immaturity is firmly stuck in my past, I regret the actions of that day sincerely.

There honestly may be more bans I am forgetting about, however, I am no longer participating in any unfair practices.

What previous experience do you have with server moderation and staffing?

I moderated my friend's server along with one other moderator. It was a really small community of players from our school. Despite it being a small server I often had to deal with punishments, developing ideas and looking through staff applications.
    This experience helped me dealing with a lot of tasks by my self, being more resilient and independent in making decisions may that be about punishments, suggestions or appeals.
    The experience although on a small server was very eye-opening to me, it was the first small step towards becoming a staff member on OPBlocks.

OPBlocks- I have been a helper twice, resigning both times but never actually leaving OPBlocks. I have already covered at the start of the application on why I resigned most recently.
    While being a staff member, I often put my head down and complete large-scale tasks with the higher up staff members (Testing bugs, new content, suggestions, player reports even giving my opinions on player appeals.)
    Being a staff member was taxing at times however I enjoyed the experience, often exceeding the "standard activity required" by a staff member. It was no secret that I did "no-life" the server, I do not find that insulting. I found it a compliment since at that time I had gotten a lot of work done for the server and my dedication had been appreciated by players as well as my fellow staff members.
    The elephant in the room that I do need to address is the immaturity I have presented while being a staff member in the past. I haven't always represented the staff team/server in a prestigious way. I did let down the team on several occasions with my boisterous personality, it shameful some of the things I gloated about in a condescending and snobbish way.
    Since starting college I have tuned that down because of it being extremely frowned upon, not to mention very immoral. To those I offended I would like to offer my utmost apologies, I wish I could take back those words but I can't.

Are you active on the OPBlocks Teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

No, I am not active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, this is due to no one using it. I do still possess it since we had used it in the past to discuss things in the team. However, we've strayed away from it and now have a heavier focus on skype/discord. On those, I both am active and reachable.
    I have many microphones in case of one not working, therefore I do not see an issue occurring in that area.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have a ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5-minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you?

This scenario does not apply to me, I am currently in college. I've always had a higher regard for my education than anything else. I want to succeed like my peers/family members, therefore, I understand the importance of a good education as well as a commitment to it. It's not just given to you on a silver platter. You and you only are responsible for your education. There will be no hesitation when I have to choose between OPBlocks or my education, the two are incomparable to me.

Are you able to record in viewable quality?

Here is an example of my recording quality, if anyone has any suggestions on how to further improve it I would take it into consideration. You can also see more examples on the channel the video is on below.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?

There are many many reasons, some which I will not bother listing since you've all heard them before. Here are the core reasons;

1)I experience a lot of frustration throughout my time on the server, which is shared by my fellow members. A lot of spammer's, hacker's and people who need support/attention are not getting the attention they deserve/ need because of the timezones.

2)I've recently taken a role as a "young leader" this is me taking a mentoring role for younger individuals and helping them with their issues, just being helpful and a friend to them. This stemmed from me staffing last time, I find it extremely rewarding to help other people and being a staff member is all about helping individuals.

3)My wanting to be a staff member is partly to do with the fact of when I first joined the server. I was helped by staff a lot. They made me feel welcome and helped me start off on the server. The way they made me feel is what I hope to achieve as a staff member.

4) As a staff member, your speech is in blue which is a lot more visible to players. This helps when I reply to new players/ older players questions or ask if people could calm down their arguments which are escalating.

5) Staff members would not need to waste time training me up, I already have experience on the server and have proved I can handle the responsibilities tasked to me.

6)As a player on the server, I am limited to how much I can do. I am unable to mute, ban and put a stop to general rule breaking. I can only report, which I honestly do not need to mention since I am known to make countless reports.

7)Since resigning I have had the fortune to still be involved with the team, though purely to help with some of the new helpers' questions as well as testing staff members with the permission/guidance of the administrative team.

8) The new manager, Aoros has presented himself as the manager all staff members on OPBlocks, especially, crave after. While I was in the team we had often been left in the dark, there was zero communication but from what I've heard and seen Aoros is the exact opposite, Therefore I believe the server and the team can greatly improve. I would like to be a part of that movement.

9) With the looming of the new version and promise of new YouTubers, the server would seem to be destined to be brought back to a more successful status. This would mean that older player, as well as new players, would start to play on the server. The older players wouldn't need as much help but a great deal has changed therefore there would still be a need for knowledgeable staff.

10) I've missed the experience of staffing, There haven't been many hackers on lately but when there are it's pure frustration since I used to be able to ban them, Now I have to wait sometimes a couple hours.

11) Being trustworthy with testing, new content and other information. I've already proven that I can be trusted to test as well as not leak any information. I was often used to test bugs as well as help brainstorm ideas when the manager asked the team.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?

Well first of, I would hope that it never comes to this because if it does then I would be going against everything I am striving to achieve.
    However, in both situations, I would take immediate action in the form of reading what the administrator said my demotion was for or why my application got denied. Then my next step would be to follow up on the reasons and try to amend any issues.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?

In this situation, I would talk to the player privately either in chat or talk to them via discord and/or forums to find out why they feel this way. If their reasons are valid I would take them into consideration. If they're blatantly being rude I would deal with them appropriately, following the punishment ladder, however, depending on what they say I may step up their punishment (If I deem it necessary).

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
    Jan 5, 2018 (Status; accepted).

Is there anything else we should know?

I believe I've covered most of it. I know I am going to receive a lot of hate because of my unfiltered mouth but that's one thing I can't change. Everyone has a right to an opinion so please comment below with constructive criticism. In all honesty, I am not expecting to be accepted because of the way I have acted in the past. Though moving up into college has made me have to mature very quickly. Not to mention the fact I've gotten promoted in the M.O.D training course, creating more responsibilities to take on. (That of an adult).

Pros
    -Active
    -knows server (ie commands, etc)
    -Has a working microphone
    -Active on forums (Evident by infamous member)
    -Staffing experience
    - Matured
    -Works effectively within a team
    -Proved to be unbiased, I've often punished my own friends as well as dealing with any issues on the team both after I left the team and while I was in it.

Cons

-Has been known to be toxic
    -Used to use hacked clients (on other servers)
    -Older parts of the community dislike me for my past.
    -Still, like everyone, I have outbursts when really pushed.
    -Sometimes I can be very sarcastic

Of course, talk is cheap, so instead of people jumping to conclusions. I would prefer your opinions are based on recent events.
    Those actions which I have fully taken responsibility for no longer represent me. However, I do understand if you have some reservations based on them since some if not all were inexcusable.

Thank you for taking the time to read my staff application. That is the conclusion to it.

Kind regards,
    Dawid

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. dite

dite Member

wiG iS snAtChEd

#2 dite, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  3. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Anime_Is_Lyfe Active Member

You have been on and off the staff as of lately, which might make people doubt your ability to stay with the server through rough times. However, you do have experience with this staff team, which will be huge with v7 coming up. So for me, I'll give you a +0.5

4. Fadi Ballou

Fadi Ballou New Member

Bring back Savage for staff!!! I 100% support this application. Savage was a lit staff member. I posted purchase support 3 weeks ago... still has no response or help lol.

5. LightSome

I fully understand the concern you have raised, however, the reason I had resigned most recently was purely down to the manager at the time. (Covered in the disclaimer) This time the staff team is being led by a competent individual, therefore eliminating the possibility of that being the reason I resign again. I have no intentions if accepted, to resign.
    I'd also like to take the time to thank you for reading and commenting on my staff application.

Thank you for reading and commenting on my application. I am sorry to hear about your purchase support thread taking so long to be dealt with, There is only one person who currently does them and there is a lot to go through. Please remain patient.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. dite

dite Member

no ty for me that hurts

7. OfficialFood

OfficialFood Senior Member

no

• Like Like x 2
  8. SaltyDepression

SaltyDepression Active Member

tbh this is just like an oof for me, idk if we want sav as staff again or not D:

9. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Dedicated Member

FAT -1 from me. You're immature, annoying, and tbh were a terrible staff member. As soon as you resigned, you were like "im not staff i can do whatever i want" and said a bunch of stupid Sugar, now youre acting all professional again. If you want to get staff, be who you are, dont fake a personality to make people think youre mature.

10. Wedek

Wedek Active Member

^ not hypocrititical btw L A Maooo

anyway ur ok too, i agree the management was worse than bazer at pvp, so i'd sat +0.2

11. Unhappiness

Unhappiness Senior Member

Active player, helps others, but horrible Fudgeing staff member. Too much "joking" around compared to what you should. Inappropriate messages more often than I can count, and general scum.

12. kelly8282828

kelly8282828 Active Member

Let me shed some light on who Savage is:
    http://prntscr.com/ki8k4k

Now, look at those screenshots and tell me what do you see? I see a spoiled little boy that thinks he can do what he wants whenever he wants. A person that never takes responsibility for his actions. A person that disrespects girls because he’s a disgusting person.

Furthermore, I don’t know how many people know. But he was bragging about recieving nudes from a player for “cred”. Like... that’s just dispicable.

Not to mention, he didn’t do anything as a staff besides false mute and warn everyone when he wanted.

The community neither likes him as a player or a person.

Savage says his immaturity is a controlled method to show bias, and that’s the most bullSugar statement I’ve ever heard.
    1. It’s not his job
    2. I doubt anyone knew about it
    3. Breaking the rules to try to find justice is wrong.

Unhappiness daddy I’ve been bad ;(( punish me

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. LightSome

Thank you for commenting and reading my application. Hopefully, Aoros will continue to stay how he is.
    Yes, I did say those things, I can't take them back I can only apologise for them. Another thing is the breaking of the rules was minor and controlled to test staff members. This was under authorization from the higher staff members who monitored and told me what to say. I was merely a cog in that machine.
    What do you even mean by this? "Savage says his immaturity is a controlled method to show bias" I do not believe I've ever said that.
    Thank you for commenting on my application.
    I do admit to joking around a lot as a staff member but that was addressed by Cookie last time and it was stumped out. If you look at my recent activities then you would see that they have changed by a landslide.
    Thank you for commenting on my application.
    As a staff member, you are limited to what you can say. When a staff member resigns or is demoted they are able to have a lot more breathing room, as you would know. So yes I did say now I can do what I want because it's true.
    I joke around with my friends, but when it's time to make important decisions or get a job done I will give it my all. It's not about having two personalities but two different mindsets.

14. kelly8282828

Ur such a meme LOL and it was something like that. And fr u say that uve changed when this happened recently??? Like boy oh boy

And proof that you were testing staff for bias

15. LightSome

The staff team know about it since Cookie was directly involved as well as Leafy10 and 4blake Knowing about it. They can confirm either here or anywhere.
    I also doubt I would lie on my application to the staff team who would know whether this is true or not.

16. kelly8282828

Half ur immaturity weren’t even based on this tho? The Sugar u said weren’t to test staff you were just being immature and there’s no way you can possibly change from that so soon

17. Rizuri

Rizuri Infamous Member

Lmao this is just a sigh
    Like literally
    Sigh
    There is really no point to this

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. JustMe03

JustMe03 New Member

Relatable
    Not relatable

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. OfficialFood

OfficialFood Senior Member

spare yourself and just ask for a deny, everyone is saying no

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Chrissehh

Chrissehh Resigned Meme

Don't usually say stuff like this, but I was against you as staff from the beginning. The only reason you were accepted was because numbers were so low that we kinda had to. You're quite innapropriate and immature, and might be better off just applying for some roleplay server since you're quit fond of discussing e-dating.

Let's just say, if you lower your ego, it might eventually raise your chances for staff one day.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.