1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Elijeh's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Elijeh, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elijeh

Elijeh Senior Member

Member Name
    Elijeh

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

Username
    Elijeh

Previous Usernames
    I have changed my username many times. There is too many to list.

Here's a link to all my previous usernames:
    https://namemc.com/profile/Elijeh.3

Timezone
    Oregon, PDT

Donor Rank
    Muncher

Application

What realm do you play on?
    I currently play Prison since that’s the only gamemode available at this time. If there are more gamemodes added in the future, I will be sure to try and hop on those often as well.

What times are you most often online?
    I currently am not enrolled in school or do not have a job. Therefore, I am most often on OPBlocks during the day (afternoon) or even at night for about 1-3 hours maybe more or maybe less depending on how I feel. This could change though as I will be looking for a job. Once I get a job. I will be sure to let the staff team and community know.

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
    From my memory, I’ve been punished on quite a bit of servers. I was once banned off of Mineplex for spam entering another server IP back in 2014. I’ve also used a hacked client on multiple servers and have been banned from some of them. I have learned my lesson from these punishments; it’s immature of me to break the rules and the use of a hacked client is not fair to other players trying to play the game fairly.

There may be more punishments I’ve received, but these are the ones I remember.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
    I have quite a bit of experience from staffing, mostly from OPBlocks though. The other servers I’ve been staff on weren’t professional and didn’t have a decent player base. So, I didn’t gain much experience from my time on those servers. I do not count those smaller/less professional servers and have not included them.

OPBlocks
    This is the first server I’ve been a staff member on. When I started as a helper (version 1.0) I didn’t know much, but with time I eventually figured out how the staff team works, how the staff handles players and much more .In late February of 2016, there was a merge between this server and PrimeMC and so some of us staff were transferred to PrimeMC and some of us were not - I was one of the staff members that were transfered. Later on, OPBlocks was resurrected in mid June (server didn’t release until later on I believe), so I decided to apply for staff again. Since the server started up again, I've been a helper, moderator and even senior moderator multiple times but stopped being a staff member ever since late May of 2017 as I had no motivation to play Minecraft whatsoever. That has since changed.

PrimeMC
    I accepted my moderator position I was offered for PrimeMC. When prison released, the staff members that were transferred were given their staff ranks. My staff rank was given to me, but then I got demoted soon after due to my inappropriate behavior in the communication platform. Since then, I have learned plenty of being more mature with other staff members whilst using the communication platform.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?
    I’m not so active on the TeamSpeak anymore, I am more active on the Discord. I do have a working mic but do plan on getting a new one as the one I have is torn and worn out.

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
    Yes I am able to. I am using XSplit Gamecaster for recording. I can record up to 720p.

Here’s a quick preview of what the quality of my recordings will look like:

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
    I am familiar with the community and am able to handle the pressure the server may bring. I care about this community and am willing to do whatever it takes to make sure players are satisfied. Whether that’s helping them with a question, an issue they’re experiencing or even making sure that other players are playing fairly.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
    If my application is denied, I wouldn’t be upset. Instead, I would re-read my application and the comments left by the community to see what my application is missing or could be improved even if a comment was left by the staff member who responded with a reason. I would also get feedback from some of my friends as well. Then I would try to re-apply again when I am able to.

If demoted, I would think of reasons of improvements I could make as a player or staff member. Then, I would take those ideas and put them into a document and whenever I do make those improvements, I will then mark it off of the document. Once everything is marked off, I would feel very satisfied and possibly would re-apply again.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
    If called a useless staff member I would ask them privately how I am being useless and would take those reasons and try to improve on them to the best of my ability. If I’m being bullied by a group of people or just one single person, I would ask them to politely stop or even ignore if necessary. If it escalates to higher harassment/disrespect, I would give them the correct punishment.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?
    After OPBlocks emerged again, I made 3 applications prior to this one.

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
    December 20, 2016

Is there anything else we should know?
    Though I may play other video games, this should not interfere with my activity on the server. If it does, I will find the best way to deal with it as I want to be as active as I can be every day.

#1 Elijeh, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 6
  2. LightSome

LightSome Infamous Member

You were one of the staff members I referred to looking up to.

You're a great person all round and know howthe server works. As well as the staff team.
    From what I've heard from current and former staff your a pleasure to work with.

I would love to work with you on the staff team, I wish you the best of luck with your application.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Unhappiness

Unhappiness Senior Member

Holdup you back? Haven't seen you bc of the ban, but dude, you're probably one of the nicest staff members I've met! Your application is amazing too so +1 from me. Hope you get accepted soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Goddessics

Goddessics Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Unhappiness

Unhappiness Senior Member

who would expect him to apply again after hes resigned like 3, 4, or maybe 5 times

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Puxk

Puxk Member

yikes deleted my comment :(

-1 you literally said at the bottom you rarely ever play minecraft anymore so I don't know how active you would be as a staff member. you were an amazing staff member before but if you don't even play the game more than lets say 40 minutes a day, how well of a staff member can you be now? good application but you just threw it off at the end.

ily dont hate

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Elijeh

Elijeh Senior Member

I guess that's just a heads up (should probably word that better). Recently, I've been on OPBlocks a few hours a day.

Let's just see what happens if I get accepted I suppose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Anime_Is_Lyfe Active Member

I never saw you as a staff before, but you seem like you would be a great fit with the staff team! Best wishes for you getting accepted. +1

• Like Like x 1
  9. DarkLord

DarkLord Member

+1 This was really well made, and I would like to see one of the og staff members come back. You have my approval :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. BetterThenU

BetterThenU Active Member

Elijeh I remember you as a staff member. I think your are a great fit for the staff team. +1

• Like Like x 1
  11. SmolTinyBean

SmolTinyBean Active Member

12. Baricaade

Baricaade Member

You were one of the best staff members I knew on here, I really do hope you get accepted, and best of luck on your application.

+ 1 from me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. HyzukiV2

HyzukiV2 Active Member

One of the best staff members and hella competent
    Seen 6 versions with you lmao
    Definitely suited to join the staff team again
    +1
    If you do get accepted make another cereal vid pls

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. rito

rito Active Member

yes +1

also no more ending killstreaks pls

#14 rito, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Dedicated Member

I still remember that dreadful day in v3 when you muted me for using 5 exclamation points...
    Hopefully you won't mute people for things so small if you get accepted lol
    But besides that, you're a really great staff member :D
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  16. OfficialFood

OfficialFood Senior Member

w8 what +4 1/2

• Like Like x 1
  17. JustACookie

JustACookie timeflies
    Staff Member Administrator

After discussing with the other staff members, we have found you suitable for the team. Please start a conversation with me here on the forums and we will get you started.

Application Accepted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.