0 Players Online

DannyBoyGamer32's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyBoyGamer32

Member Name
DannyBoyGamer32

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

IGN
JirenTheGray

Previous IGN(s)
Derpynations
DannyBoyGamer32
UhOhBro
DannyBoyGamer32
DannyBoy320

Timezone
Lahore, Pakistan UTC (+05:00)

Donor Rank
CandyLord

Application

What realm do you play on?
This question is invalid since the server merged to one realm. I play on the main opblocks realm.

What times are you most often online?
School Days:
Monday: 04:30-06:00, 15:00-16:30, 20:00-20:45
Tuesday: 04:30-06:00, 15:00-16:30, 20:00-20:45
Wednesday: 04:30-06:00, 15:00-16:30, 20:00-20:45
Thursday: 04:30-06:00, 15:00-16:30, 20:00-20:45
Friday: 04:30-06:00, 13:00-15:00, Time after that is unpredictable when I will play

Examination days:
Monday: 04:30-06:00, time I will play after that is unpredictable
Tuesday: 04:30-06:00, time I will play after that is unpredictable
Wednesday: 04:30-06:00, time I will play after that is unpredictable
Thursday: 04:30-06:00, time I will play after that is unpredictable
Friday: 04:30-06:00, time I will play after that is unpredictable
Saturday: N/A
Sunday: N/A

Holidays:
Every day: Time I will play is unpredictable (at least more than 6-8 hours every day)

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
I have only been tempbanned (24 hrs) on opblocks (this server) for 4 warnings.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?
No, it does not sound familiar to me. When I start my work, I keep all distractions aside and focus on my main priority which is to finish my work. After finishing my work, I organize all my books and put them away. I then go on opblocks, after all my work is done. This will help me be active on the server while simultaneously fulfilling my in-real-life duties, which in this scenario is homework.

Are you active on the OPBlocks teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

All of the above

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
Yes, I am able to record in 720p quality. My recorder is windows 10's built in recorder (Windows+ALT+G). I also use Nvidia Shadowplay, which records at really high quality (1080p).

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
Here are a few reasons why I want to be staff on OPBlocks:
~When I am online, I rarely ever see staff online. The server usually has 10-20 people online. If I get accepted as helper, I will hopefully be able to fill that gap when there is no staff online, and help players.

~IF a youtuber ever records here (which the owner of this server has already mentioned one will), there will be a large mass of fanboys that will be playing here. The last time Crainer Commentates recorded, about 225 fanboys came to opblocks and had no clue whatsoever about the server and were spam-asking questions when there was almost no staffs online. Yes, at the peak player count, some staffs WERE online but were not able to answer everyone. I can help in such situations. I help people on a first-come-first-server basis and I can help everyone asking questions.

~I enjoy playing the server a lot (excluding when there are 2 people online) and would really like to do what I love (playing minecraft) while simultaneously helping players who are new.

~I have a wide knowledge of the past of the server and current features so I can answer almost every question I am asked, making me very efficient.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
Denial: I would read over everyone's replies on my staff application and will try to take the constructive criticism I receive. I will also read the admins/managers comments on why I was denied and will try to work on those areas as to make an improved application next month.

Demotion: I would read over the reason of my demotion and try to reflect on it. What I mean is that I will try to work around those areas and reapply once I feel that I can do better in the job than I did before.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
I would ignore the people who are calling me useless, and if they go too far I would punish them accordingly (mainly for Staff Disrespect). If they have actual reasons, I would work on them.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
Feb 27, 2017

Is there anything else we should know?
Pros:
~Very active
~Have a lot of knowledge on opblocks, since I have played on this server for 12 months.
~Responsible
~Very friendly
~Active on forums
~Quick to respond if need help
~My timezone is completely different from many other players, so I can staff the server when no other staff is online.
~Mature (I have worked on it for the past year since I USED to be very immature)
~Very humble

~Ability to record at high quality
Cons:
~No former experience of staffing
~Not the best ban history, but I am working towards improving it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dobob8

Just skimmed over the app my question is I swear opblocks hasn't been out for 20months overall as it was taken down and merged and reopened several months later.

Anyways it is a decent application it could do with a bit more elaboration in a few sections.

Best of Luck

D

DannyBoyGamer32

Just skimmed over the app my question is I swear opblocks hasn't been out for 20months overall as it was taken down and merged and reopened several months later.

Anyways it is a decent application it could do with a bit more elaboration in a few sections.

Best of Luck
I was referring for the time I knew opblocks. I will edit that part.

Mochi

мocнι ♥
Thank you for taking the time to apply,

After looking over your application with other staff members, we decided you are not ready for staff. I would recommend expanding on your application and looking over this guide: here. You can apply again in 30 days.

Application Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.