Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

Bug Report Tutorial! And NEW Bug Index!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided to take the time and make bug report guide also a resolved index, I will explain that later.
(This guide is not official in any way)
(Just made by @Nesaak to try to help players out)

First part is the Guide heres some tips you should remember when creating a bug report for the server.

#1: First find a bug that has to do with a server error, this does not include any ghost blocks blocks or client side glitches. If you experience a "bug" on most servers, chances are it is not a bug. Do some research about your bug online to make sure its not a super common thing and or a client side bug.

#2: When you find your bug do research in the bug index below by doing control F on window's or command F on Mac to look for the bug. If you cant find it there then move to the next step.

#3: Now at this point you should know that your bug is not something every server experiences and that it is not client side. You should also be confident that no one has suggested this bug by looking in the bug index below. Your ready to start your bug report go to www.opblocks.com/forums/ and find "bug reports" under the "support" category. Make sure you are logged in to your forum account and click "Post New Thread" On the Right of your screen.

#4: After you have clicked to post a new thread fill out your Username and where you found the bug accordingly. Then you can fill out what your bug is, Be as brief as possible but include the bug your having. For example if your piston's don't work, which this is not a bug but we will use it as a example.
A good title would be
"Piston Problem"
A bad title would be "at my plot my pistons are not pushing blocks, do I have to be a donor or something"

You can explain the exact terms of your bug in the space below the title. Remember it can be long if you need to describe a certain part this is where you describe the bug overall. Once you have written the main idea same section,
make sure to include a brief description of the bug so people know what to look for when watching the video or looking at the screenshot. The description can be just 1-3 sentences telling people what happened and what you think is supposed to happen.

#5: Next your going to have to provide proof that you found a bug, So wither take a screenshot or if needed go ahead and record if you don't have recording software heres a thread about the different kinds and their pro's and con's. Note: I did not make that thread @Slouched did. When getting proof make sure to get as much as possible and make sure your screenshot or video details the bug well.

#6: After that make any edits to the report as you see fit and go ahead and hit post! now its just time for the community to let you know if they have the same problem or if its just something else. Good luck guys and never stop trying to improve the server with bug reports :)

Report Index Below:

Common bug reports

Pistons or auto farms are not working- Yes at the time of writing this pistons can not push blocks. This is not a bug.

I did not receive my donation rank or items- Anything about donation problems should be directed to donation support, not Bug reports.

Rewards and or loyalty is not working- Yes this is a well-known bug that the reward system have some glitches ATM.

Blocks appear broken but they are not- Like I talked about in the Bug Report tutorial it is not something that the server can fix, try relogging or restarting Minecraft.

My refinery and or candy factory is gone- This bug has been reported many times and it has not been able to be replicated, Try thinking of where it could have gone. Theres a slim chance it "disappeared".

The kits say you don't have access when you do- This has been reported a lot, The staff team is well aware of it and if you look I even reported it myself. Don't bother reporting this one.

Candy factory or refinery does not work- You have to be close to your factory/ refinery for it to be able to work I believe you can upgrade the radius. (If this is not the problem then keep looking in the index)

I cant see the texture pack or The candy refinery and factory textures are bugged- No they are not to get the texture pack working I suggest checking out this thread by @ElvenRider .
As far as the candy refinery's and factory textures go, they are not bugged your just probably playing in a version that does not support it. I would highly suggest playing in 1.8.8 as that is what the server is intended to be played in.

Fortune on my Pick does not work- Yes it does, It just might not seem like it.

Candy Only drops one of the item- Yes farming is currently being changed so you cant farm at your plot unless you use water to break the Candy then it will drop 2-3 as normal.

This is currently very short I will be adding more as I see more common bugs.

Very Best Regards,
Nesaak

Slouched

Well thanks for mentioning my thread, I really appreciate it!

Anyway, this tutorial is Amazing, it has an amazing layout, and you really took your time on this one!

Have a nice day
-Slouched

Status
Not open for further replies.