1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied Anime_Is_Lyfe's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Anime_Is_Lyfe, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grossly

grossly New Member

Sure!
    The part about you saying that you would help new players no matter how big or small under why do you want to be a staff member on OPblocks. It's a tricky question to answer without saying what has been said countless times on other staff applications.
    I'm not saying that what you wrote was bad, by any means. It's just been said by many people and it's almost impossible not to say on a question like that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Anime_Is_Lyfe Active Member

I'm sorry If I made you feel bullied. I was always just joking around and never meant for you to feel that way.
    Ok! Thank you for the advice. I'll try to fit in unique responses now.

3. Fadi Ballou

Fadi Ballou New Member

For one, I would so be down to have Ani has a staff member. She would be a really funny yet serious staff member... I just hope she doesn’t unless her killer pvp rage on me :). Good luck on the applications Ani...

(other staff members, Ani is a good choice to have for staff)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Thank you for the nice comment!

5. LightSome

LightSome Infamous Member

It's good to see another member who pvps apply. I've seen you be effective at identifying hackers and people breaking other rules.

You're both active on forums and ingame, you have the potential to be great asset to the server and staff team. I wish you the best of luck in your application.

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Thank you for the +1! If the staff team needs me to watch pvp for hackers, I'll be more than happy to help with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Dedicated Member

You probably need more than 1 reason on why you want to be staff, "I want to help all the new players" doesn't seem like enough to me. You also literally copied and pasted the punishment list to make it look like your app is longer to people who aren't paying attention, so that's a no-no. You said that if it was denied, you would go back and read the comments and take their advice. But you should be doing that already, not just if it's denied. You can't just ignore feedback until it's denied, and then use it in your next app. The edit button exists for a reason.

But other than that, the app looks solid, so +/-0 I guess w

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Thank you for the critisism. I thought that I should put the punishments, so I edited it so the link to the punishments is only there instead of all the punishments written out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OfficialFood

OfficialFood Senior Member

big maturity from someone who applied like a month ago

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Yes, I will admit that I did say those things. However, the harrassment you showed to my friend pushed me to say those things. I will admit that I shouldn't of said those things, and I apologize.

11. OfficialFood

why would you reply... you cant jusy say kys or anything in that area and just say sorry. suicide is a hard topic, did you not learn anything from logan paul smhh

probably would have been better off saying nothing at all, or you could have said it a lot different

proving that you would disrespect someone if they are mean to you rather than handling it the right way, poor staffing trait

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Anime_Is_Lyfe

You're right. Yet, I still decided to post what I said. I was going to delete the post right after, but I needed to take the fall for my actions. I will not allow myself to promote suicide again, as it is not okay.

13. OfficialFood

trying to make yourself look better by taking the blame doesnt work, again did you not learn anythinh from logan paul smhhh

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. PUCK

PUCK Active Member

no hes not right lmao suicide isn't a joke and if you tell anyone to kys i dont care what the circumstances are its not ok and you should respond and say sorry not ignore it

15. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Dedicated Member

Yeah sorry isn't gonna cut it when you tell someone to "kys" multiple times when you have a staff app up...

Also if you were really sorry and wanted to admit you were wrong, why did you wait until someone brought it up? You should've just admitted it as soon as you realized you said that, just shows you were trying to hide it and only said that because he posted it

16. OfficialFood

You really should care about the circumstances because if it’s a fake a forced apology because something they want is at jeopardy it’s not ok. And I am right if they handled it right instead of saying it here were he apology was obviously forced for the wrong reasons it wouldn’t have came up putting their application at jeopardy. I never said ignore it I said shouldn’t have responded at all and handled it the right way. Implying to just pm the person instead of trying to publicly post a forced apology.

17. Anime_Is_Lyfe

I didn't add it because it didn't happen on the OPB discord or the actual server. Therefore, I didn't think it was necessary to add something like that. Also, I would like to point out he spent the time to scroll through hundreds, maybe thousands of messages just to get back at me. When he put up his staff application, you didn't see me or anyone else in that server go through and quote all the times he's told us to kill ourselves, yet here he is doing it to me. It's still not right what I did, and I have sent multiple messages saying I'm sorry for what I said. If I had ignored it here, I would've gotten hated on for not responding. Seeing the reaction for when I responded also showed that I would be hated on. I have learned from this experience, and that I should never allow my emotions to lash out like I allowed them to this time.

18. OfficialFood

i dont think you should have added it here as it has nothing to do with the server. yeah he did spend time scrolling through messages to find it, however it doesnt change the fact that you said it. you never said anything disrespectful to him at the time of his staff application, either because you were thinking of putting one out soon or you just have that has a good staffing trait to not go back at people like that. but it doesnt really matter if you say you learned from your experience and you shouldnt allow your emotions to lash out like that. however, the messages he posted showed you said that like a week and a half ago and you posted your application like a week ago. that isnt a long period of time at all, and i doubt you really changed that much from that time. yeah you would have got hated on for not responded, but you could have responded differently, your apology sounds like it was forced for the sake of your application being jeopardized.

this is what you said, you said you said those things because he was mean to your friend. meaning you handled the situation wrongly to begin with, and no one knows if that trait will be the same if you become a staff member. and after it throw down your unacceptable reason for telling someone to end their life, you finish it up with a pathetic apology for saying what you said. if you tell someone something like that you don't respond with a reason for what you said, you apologize flat out, sincerely you dont get excuses for saying what you said. and i dont believe did that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. SaltyDepression

SaltyDepression Active Member

just saw this, but you can just ctrl + f to put up a search bar, and search for anything in that channel, even specifying to a single user if you want to.
    its also just in the top right corner for both pc and mobile.

20. OfficialFood

that’s for telling us how to find a message on discord on a staff application for a Minecraft server

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.