1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied Anime_Is_Lyfe's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Anime_Is_Lyfe, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Anime_Is_Lyfe Active Member

Member Name
    Anime_Is_Lyfe

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?

Yes

Player Information

IGN
    Kotori_Is_Lyfe

Previous IGN(s)
    https://namemc.com/profile/Kotori_Is_Lyfe.1
    1. Kool_dood
    2. Anime_Is_Lyfe
    3. Asuna_Is_Lyfe
    4. Shoko__Nishimiya
    5. Anime_Is_Lyfe
    6. Maki_Is_Lyfe
    7. Kotori_Is_Lyfe

Timezone
    EST

Donor Rank
    CandyGod

Application

What realm do you play on?
    Currently prisons is the only realm I play on, since It's the only realm available. I will happily play and staff on other realms as they are added.

What times are you most often online?
    Monday: 4:00pm-5:30pm, 7:00pm-9:30pm
    Tuesday: 4:00pm-5:30pm, 7:00pm-9:30pm
    Wednesday: 4:00pm-5:30pm, 7:00pm-9:30pm
    Thursday: 4:00pm-5:30pm, 7:00pm-9:30pm
    Friday: 4:00pm-5:30pm, 7:00pm-9:30pm
    Saturday: 10:00am-10:00pm
    Sunday: 10:00am- 9:00pm

Monday-Sunday: 9:00am-11:00pm

Note: This is just roughly times when I'm on. I will not be on all these times, due to personal issues or schoolwork.

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
    I have never been banned on a server other than small servers as a joke between friends. I've learned that it's very annoying to staff when people do that now.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
    I was staff for 4 months on a server called Jumpcraft. Some things I learned are how to deal with multiple questions at once, how to punish and use commands as a staff correctly, and how to communicate properly with other staff members and players.

"You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?:

This has happened to me once or twice before yes, but I quickly realized it, got off and finished my homework. Staying active on the server while being staff is important yes, but school is number one. If any of my grades were to drop, I would quickly take a break from staffing, get them back up, and then return back.

Are you active on the OPBlocks TeamSpeak or Discord, and do you have a working microphone?

I'm active on the Discord
    I have a working microphone

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
    I currently use BandiCam for my recording software.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
    I want to be staff because with a new version almost here, there will be an influx of new players. I would love to help those members feel welcomed into OPBlocks, giving them a good impression of the server. I will never turn down a request for help, it's part of my responsibility as a staff member. However, despite all this, I know that I will most likely need guidance from fellow, more experienced staff members on the team. Because of this, I would want to improve myself and ask them for help when needed.

Another reason I would like to become staff is for the experience. While we are playing a game, when you're staff you need to take stuff seriously. Getting this experience early will help in the long run with other jobs.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
    Denied: If I were denied, I would look back and read the comments. I would take the advice that they gave me and apply it into my next application, and use it once the 30 days is up to reapply.

Demoted:If I were demoted, I would ask staff members why I got demoted, and then I would take what they said and try my very best to improve on what they told me to improve on

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
    If I were to be called a useless helper, I would ask them why they think I'm a useless helper, and what I could do to improve how I am. If it turns into staff disrespect I will punish them with the correct punishment.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
    April 25th, 2018

From reading the comments on my last staff application, I learned that this is not only just a hobby, but it’s also like a job. Putting in a small amount of effort won’t get me accepted, so I needed to change that. I learned that I needed a lot more detail, and that I needed to become more known on forums. I’ve reread the staff application multiple times and read many accepted applications and taken all of the comments into consideration onto this staff application.

Is there anything else we should know?
    I've played on this server on and off for quite a while, starting back in v1. Since the end of v4 I've been playing very frequently and I've grown attached to this server. Like every other person on this server I have made some mistakes but I've learned from them. I will take those failures I've made in the past and try my best to change them into rights.

Pros:

Some experience as staff on other servers
    Active on server
    Have played the server on and off since early 2017
    Won't be bias towards friends

Cons:
    Might miss questions sometimes
    Can have a short temper at times, not often though
    Might get kicked randomly at times*

* My current computer is on the older side, so minecraft will randomly crash sometimes. I am getting a new computer very soon, so this will not be a problem for long.

Thank you for reading my staff application. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask in the comments. I would love to hear feedback about what everyone thought after reading my application.

#1 Anime_Is_Lyfe, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Dedicated Member

Uhm like half the application is missing ?

3. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Should be fixed now, an error popped up.

4. VaporyPlacebo

VaporyPlacebo New Member

Anime Should get Staff probably because if Ani wanted to find a hacker would probably be able to record and kill the hacker lol. Anime in general would just be a good staff member and would help out a lot.

Anime would be a good addition to the staff team and a lot of people could probably agree.

#4 VaporyPlacebo, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2018
  5. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Thanks for the kind words! Next time try to keep it as one post though.

6. jiewenpro27

jiewenpro27 Active Member

-1 for me I don’t see you online much but the time I dropped you in pvp you acted super salty but it was a long time ago so you might have changed

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. DarkLord

DarkLord Member

This application was well made and I see that you really are passionate to become staff, the only problem is I don't see you online very often, but I will still give it a +1/2.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Unhappiness

Unhappiness Senior Member

Proof If available! Anything helps.

Quality Is watchable but I'd prefer higher framerate 1080p video. (Still fine as It Is now though).

You'd most likely receive the reason upon your demotion, but whatever. (Not sure how demotions work here, but I assume It's similar to places I've been at before).

-

Also seems like you messed up the application format quite a bit somehow?
    -

Really I'd recommend just fixing up your application. It seems kinda rushed, and eventhough I wanna support you & your application It's kinda difficult as It stands now. And yes, you're a great person, and you'e really helpful ingame, but It just doesn't cut It when It comes to applying. I'd recommend looking back at past applications from Pathos to Mochi to get some inspiration on what you could do.

+0

9. Anime_Is_Lyfe

I will admit that I was rather toxic before, but I've been doing better since. Also I've been on the server frequently lately, so maybe different time zones?
    Thank you for the kind words. I've been trying my hardest to be on as much as I possibly can while keeping up with schoolwork.
    Thank you for the constructive critisism. I will look at the blank staff application to see if the order got messed up.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. shotzy

shotzy Member

-1 from me. For starters when i see you online very rarely do you help or offer help to others. The past few weeks you have been rather unfriendly towards members of the community on forums. I do not think you would currently be a good fit for the staff team but best of luck on your endeavors

11. TheEndermonster

+1 for ani but shes probably rankest and kill people without cgod rank

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Thank you for your constructive critisism. Is there any way I could fix this?
    Thank you for the +1. However, if I do get staff, entering pvp will become a rarity for me moving forward.

13. shotzy

shotzy Member

For starters, start answering questions and helping players more often, be more friendly towards people no matter how much you hate/dislike them, when commenting on forums basically use constructive criticism instead of bashing the post/comment with negativity.

14. Goddessics

Goddessics Well-Known Member

+1. Yes you can have a short temper but it doesn’t last. Just think before you say something. Considering that most staff work minorly reshapes a persons attitude i think you’ll do well. Just keep to the rules. Finally you can’t pvp or really compete in the game anymore. And get a better recording software

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Thank you for the +1! I was doing more research on the current software I was using, and found out I was using 720p instead of 1080p.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Leafy10

Leafy10 Helper
    Staff Member Helper

I have seen you help in chat most times when I have been online. You have gotten more mature and nicer but starting about a few weeks ago. You used to be very toxic and that's all I would see in chat from you. You are very active on forums and I have seen you online almost all the times I am online. Good application and best of luck to you.

#16 Leafy10, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Thank you for the nice comment! Lately I've realized that being toxic won't solve anything and will just make things worse, so I decided to be nicer now.

#17 Anime_Is_Lyfe, Sep 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  18. grossly

grossly New Member

Your application feels really generic. It looks like many other applications. I'm not saying that is a bad thing. I just don't see what you would bring to the staff team that the staff team doesn't already have. That being said, I think you would make a great staff member, but my vote is neutral.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Thank you for your opinion. Can you tell me what part of my application feels generic?

20. Mutualize

Mutualize Member

-1 Me no like you because you have always bullied me for no exact reason, and I feel attacked whenever I get abused in pvp. Before I got banned I haven't seen you on for some time and I understand that school has started and that school is a priority for alot of people, but if you do like the server you shouldn't just stop doing what you like most.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.