1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

angyma's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by angyma, Sep 22, 2018.

1. angyma

angyma мoderaтor

Member Name
    @angyma

Do you meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member?
    Yes, I meet all of the mandatory requirements to become a staff member.

Player Information

IGN
    My current Minecraft username is 'angyma.'

Previous IGN(s)
    Below is a list of my previous usernames:

You can also visit my NameMC page by clicking here.

Timezone
    My timezone is CST (Central Standard Time/Central Time Zone) UTC-06:00. I currently live in the United States of America.

Donor Rank

I currently have the CandyKing Donator rank.

Application

What realm do you play on?
    As of right now, there is only one realm, should other realms ever be added I will be sure to make playing on them a priority as well.

What times are you most often online?
    I have create two schedules below, one for my school year and one during holidays. I will be sure to update the schedules accordingly if needed.

Weekdays
    6:00PM to 12:00AM
    Fridays
    3:45PM to 12:00AM
    Weekends
    7:30AM to 1:00AM

Weekdays
    9:00AM to 1:00AM
    Weekends
    7:30AM to 1:00AM

Note: These times are subject to change at any given time and apply to the server, forums, and Discord. I may have to leave the server suddenly due to family.

Have you ever been banned on any other servers?
    Yes, I have been banned before on other servers. However I would like to say that those experiences helped me have a deeper regard for the rules on Minecraft servers and a greater understanding for why they should be upheld. I think that, any previous bans will help me to look at punishments from a better place and allow me to punish fairly.

Note: Any bans I have received in the past took place over 1 year ago.

What previous experience do you have in server moderation and staffing?
    OPBlocks

I have been apart of the OPBlocks staff team three times, each time taught me something new in regards to staffing. These things include -
    • Dealing with player reports
    • Moderating the chat
    • Dealing with punishments (e.g kicks, mutes, bans)
    • Locking/Moving Threads
    • Answering questions on the forums
    • Doing small work such as deleting duplicate threads, denying requested applications (and troll), etc
    I was a Helper once and Moderator two times. I think that, if I am given another chance to join the staff team on OPBlocks that I will make it farther and make an even greater impact than before.

SCENARIO: "You come home from school and have ton of homework to do, you think to yourself I'll just take a 5 minute break before I start and get on OPBlocks. The next thing you know 2 hours have passed and you've been on the server all that time." Does this scenario sound familiar to you? - How do you respond to this?
    This scenario does not sound familiar to me as I prioritize school at a higher level than OPBlocks because I value my education. If it did happen to me I would immediately leave the server and get straight to work on my homework because I will never let myself fail a class because of video games.

Are you active on the OPBlocks Teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?
    Yes, I do have a working microphone. I, however am not active on the OPBlocks Teamspeak because it is not commonly used anymore and Discord is a much more popular platform among players.

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
    Yes, I am able to record in viewable quality. I currently use GeForce Experience to record and have a hotkey set on my keyboard so that I can record at a moments notice. Below is a sample of my recording quality.

Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?
    I would like to be a staff member on OPBlocks because it is truly my favorite server. Now, I know that many other people have said this, and I am sure they meant it, but I mean it on a different level. Even when I take an 8 month break from Minecraft, then come back I gravitate towards OPBlocks. When I play on the server, I get a sense of satisfaction and whenever I am a staff member that feeling increases tenfold. Below I will also list a few things that I feel differentiate me from other players:

Professionalism
    I always try to act professional when I am on the forums, server, and discord but especially the forums. I feel that on the forums everything you say is saved forever so you should always maintain a professional aura. I will admit that sometimes I am immature in discord or in-game but I never bring myself to break any rules. I always try to maintain these standards because if staff do not then who's to stay that players should not be able to break rules if the staff do.

Although considerably young, I believe that I am fit to be a staff member. I have proved this in the past through my previous time staffing on OPBlocks. Even many of my friends attest to this and do not believe me when I say that I am 14. When I applied for staff on another server I had a chance to talk to the owner, he told me that he originally thought I was more like 16, so that just goes to show what I am saying.

Experience
    And finally, my experience/time on OPBlocks. I have been playing OPBlocks since version 1 and now version 6. I have not always stayed active but now I intend to stay. So, what else does my experience do for me? Well it helps me to know the community very well and already know the ins and outs of being a staff member. Things like punishment standards, commands, basic behavior, and protocol on certain things.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?
    Denied
    If my application was denied, I look at my denial message and see if the staff who denied me provided a reason for denying me application. If they did, I would first try to improve on the reasons which they stated. I would also not let my application being denied be the reason for me to stop playing OPBlocks. Instead I would continue to play and if I felt that I still wanted to be staff after the one month wait was up then I would apply again.

Demoted
    If I was demoted from my staff position the first thing I would do is apologize to the community. In the past, I have been demoted and in that I learned that being toxic and angry at the people who demoted you will get you nowhere. Instead trying to improve myself and become a more mature individual would become my main goal.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?
    I would try to resolve the situation, because the purpose of a staff member is to help players, even if they are rude to you. Then, if I was able to make the situation better for the player I would return to my duties. However, if the player is just outright rude and breaks rules while disrespecting me, I would punish them appropriately in severity concerning the "Staff Disrespect" rule.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?
    I have made three OPBlocks staff applications prior to this one. Two of them were accepted while I requested the third to be denied due to a lack of motivation.

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
    My last staff application was posted on April 27, 2017.

Is there anything else we should know?
    If you felt that any of my application was poorly written, feel free to leave constructive criticism as I am always looking to improve my writing.

I would also like to address something which is most likely a big concern for many players. If you do not think that I have been very active recently, that is true and you are right to say that. However recently, since I returned I have seen direction the server is heading. It has really encouraged me to once again help out in a staff role, if I am given the chance.

If you made it to the end, Thank you for reading my staff application!

#1 angyma, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 7
  2. SaltyDepression

SaltyDepression Active Member

+1 from me, you're a good staff member and well rounded. you are well known in the community, at least the old one, and you are mature and chill. also you're 14? lmao

3. Wedek

Wedek Active Member

definite +1, however what servers did you get banned on?

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. OMG_Its_Rock

OMG_Its_Rock Active Member

You seem to be a nice person who was a great staff member with a decent application but I haven't seen you online at all in the past year so idk. +1 from me still since you'll be on if you get accepted

#4 OMG_Its_Rock, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Rizuri

Rizuri Infamous Member

Yes my boi
    Straight up +1
    Great staff member great friend

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Dedicated Member

I completely respect you as a person and a staff member, in the past you were great, but I'm gonna have to give this a -1 due to the fact you've only been back for like 3 days. Lots has changed, new rules, new punishment system, new community, new basically everything. If I would you I would give it some time to sort of get a better idea of what it's like since you've been gone. Even if you think you have an idea of how everything works now, I just don't think for the time you've been back, you're fit to become staff already.

But, if you had waited a week or two, then applied, I would give you a fat +1. Great person, great staff member from what I've seen in the past, and a solid application.

Anyways, good luck with your app

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. angyma

angyma мoderaтor

Thank you for the positive comments!

I was banned on Mineplex though it was a false ban from their anticheat, I appealed the ban and it was accepted. I was also banned on OPBlocks v1 about a week or two before it closed for being toxic.
    Thanks for the positive comment, I've been trying to get my activity up recently through events and just playing to get to know the community better now.
    I completely agree with what you said, and I thank you for saying it. I do realize I haven't been playing OPBlocks again for very long but I saw Aoros' post in the Discord server stating that they were looking for more staff so I thought I would give it a shot. But also, even in the small amount of time I have been back I think that I have learned a lot about how the server works again. Hopefully this also addresses other people who felt the same way. Thank you once again for your comment!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Goddessics

Goddessics Well-Known Member

from what i’ve seen on just forums you’ve shown a vast amount of immaturity and overall misleading comments. Previously in introductions i said that a staff app was coming and you denied the statement. Lol look where we are now +1 you were staff before and you’re kinda chill

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. ChibiFox

ChibiFox Member

I do not know you very well but looking at your application I do like that you have staffed for this server before. I also agree with SuperPiggeh that things may have changed alittle since you were last staff. I wish you luck in seeking the position you are looking for.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Unhappiness

Unhappiness Senior Member

Of all the current applicants the one I'd like to see on the team most is you. Easy +1. You're an older player that's coming back to help like you did in previous versions. Eventhough you came back not long ago you've shown to me atleast that you're willing to do whatever you need to do, to help the server out. Honestly hope you get accepted.

#10 Unhappiness, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. PUCK

PUCK Active Member

i didn't even know you played mc anymore

but opblocks does need someone who pvps and u were a great staff back in v2-v4 so yeah +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. DarkLord

DarkLord Member

This application was well made, and I could not track any grammatical errors showing that you thoroughly went over it, and put a lot of thought into this. I also enjoy the idea of OG staff coming back like @Elijeh. +1 from me, and gl.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Anime_Is_Lyfe

Anime_Is_Lyfe Active Member

+1 pls come back to staff team having another OG back would definitely help the server out so yea pls come back senpai

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Madara_

Madara_ Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Well written application, never got to work alongside you, but I look forward to the possibility. +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. shotzy

shotzy Member

This staff app is, by far, most detailed one I have ever seen. I do not believe i have had the pleasure to know you ingame as i have only played since late july. You seem like you are a well-rounded person based on your app and others opinions. I would like to get to know you better but i think you would be a great staff member. +1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. LightSome

LightSome Infamous Member

It would be great to see you return you are by far the best qualified out of the two other candidates. You maintain a level of professionalism while on the server which sometimes lacks in the staff team.

I do with great confidence say you will fit well in the team, It would be a great pleasure to see you (yet again) as staff. +1

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. kelly8282828

kelly8282828 Active Member

+1

But fr take the Fudgeing kill message off your thing omfg U LITERALLY KILLED ME WITH CANDY OR CRIT ME OUT FudgeING HELL

Unhappiness daddy I wanna do bad things to u

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Falchon

Falchon Member

Angyma has been part of the community since v.1. I’ve known him for 3 years. Ever since I’ve known him, he has always been a chill guy, calm and collected, hardworking and serious when needed. He’s very mature for his age. He has been staff on OPB multiple times before.

+1 from me

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. ShiroHibikii

ShiroHibikii Well-Known Member

You asked me to shred your application but I really cannot find much errors in it. You've been one of the more consistent staff members when you were in the team. You had your ups and downs, but you pulled through everything with class and finesse. Hardworking and serious when needed, but at the same time very chill and mature.

A rare but obvious +1 from me. Absolutely deserving to return to the team.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Mutah

Mutah Dedicated Member

i like u ang when i played gl
    +1