1. Server IP: play.opblocks.com | Hope to see you there!
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted _SavAgE_X's staff application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by _SavAgE_X, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _SavAgE_X

_SavAgE_X Helper
    Staff Member Helper

• Member Name
      _SavAgE_X

Do you meet all of the mandatoryrequirements to become a staff member?

Yes, I currently meet all mandatory requirements to become a member of the staff team.

Player Information

IGN
      LovesPhilosophy

Previous IGN(s)

https://namemc.com/profile/LovesPhilosophy.1
      I've had many usernames, but I am known as "Sav". I have now changed my username, However I plan to change it back.
      Timezone;

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
      My timezone is one where we currently have little or no staff members on. Which I believe is an issue, which isn't anyone's fault due to timezones.

• A lot of people don't believe age represents maturity, I fall into that category.However, at the age of 16, a lot of legal responsibilities are tasked to you. This is because this age is considered to be the age you can make "smart and "informed decisions".
    • Donor Rank
      Candy King on Prison
    • Member on Factions.

Application

What realm do you play on?
      I currently play in the "OPPrison". However, There is "Factions" now. I would not be opposed to staffing on there. I also have a vast knowledge in factions due to that being what a played for around 2 years. I am also trying to familiarise my self with the factions server and community on there.

What times are you most often online?

Please know that these times are subject to change, but any change to my schedule will be communicated to other staff members with advanced notice. Also these are the base of my activity isn't factoring "out of schedule" Times.
      Please note that in May I will be entering me GCSE period and therefore will be less active for a month due to tests. I will, however, try and maintain my activity as much as possible. During the summer holidays, I am abroad a lot and do go out on "adventures", during that time my activity will be only around 3-4 hrs a day on the server from my usual 5-6hrs.

These times represent my activity on the server, not forums or Teamspeak. These timings are estimates!

Mondays: 16:00 -17:00 (4PM-5PM, due to Army Cadet Force)

Tuesdays: 16:00 – 22:00 (4PM-10PM)

Wednesdays:16:15-22:00 (4PM-10PM)

Thursdays: 16:00-22:00 (4PM-10PM)

Fridays: 16:00-00:00 (4PM-1AM)

Weekends: 10:00-00:00 (10AM-1AM)

• My activity on forums and team speak are hard to determine. Since I usually have my phone with me with forums open. TeamSpeak, even if I'm not on the server is usually open so I can continue to support the server in any way I can.

Have you ever been banned from any other servers?

Yes, I have been banned before for a "hacked client" and "ban evading" both have happened on this server but after being banned I made an appeal and got unbanned both times. I'd also like to mention this is the reason for me asking for a denial on my previous staff application, I didn't want it to look like I had said I changed just because I applied and that I also wanted more time to pass to show those offences don't represent me anymore.

Also, I've been banned from two other servers for a hacked client but that was in my past when I was messing around not realizing my actions had consequences. These two other offences are serious and i'd like to say I currently have no recent punishments/warnings.

Despite my less than honest past, Each of these events has helped build me as a person and make me realise how I never want to be seen as a toxic player.

What previous experience do you have with server moderation and staffing?

I moderated my friend's server along with one other moderator. It was a really small community of players from our school. Despite it being a small server I often had to deal with punishments, developing ideas and looking through staff applications.
      This experience helped me with staying cool-headed with players and not snapping out at them in chat. It also helped me understand how a server functions and responds to a certain situation.
      Also, this is where I really came to realize my passion for helping players and how rewarding it really is, making me want to continue that feeling/experience here.
      Also from this I've wanted to challenge my self with staffing on a larger server, the only server I play currently.

I don't have much experience as a staff member so to speak, seen above. However, I spend a lot of time on the server and know the rules very well. I've also spent a lot of time with staff members may that be via Teamspeak or Skype and seen how to deal with certain situations. While in a call with these particular Staff members I have received information on the hows and whys on how to staff, deal with players and help the server in general.

Are you active on the OPBlocks Teamspeak, and do you have a working microphone?

I have a working microphone and have Teamspeak. I use team speak as much as possible since getting my new mic. Though I use other platforms such as Skype to communicate more often.
      (I also have discord. Which I still need to work on my activity on)

Are you able to record in viewable quality?
      Here is an example of my recording quality, I hope to improve the quality very soon!

• Why do you want to be a staff member on OPBlocks?

Disclaimer; Many of these reasons are from my old application since the reasons have not changed.Though I have gone into more detail.

I would like to become staff on OPBlocks for the following reasons;

1) As a player on the server, I am limited to how much I can do. I cant ban/temp ban hackers from killing people and I cant mute advertisers/ Other chat related incidents.

2) The server, since Crainers return has quadrupled in size. This large amount of players results in a lot of hackers, abusers and questions.
      I'd like to do my part in helping these players and punishing the players who need to be.(More than I can now)

3) As a staff member, your speech is in blue which is a lot more visible to players. This helps when I reply to new players/ older players questions or ask if people could calm down their arguments which are escalating.

4) Another reason for my wanting to be a staff member is hugely to do with the fact of when I first joined the server. I was helped by staff a lot. They made me feel welcome and helped me start off on the server. The way they made me feel is what I hope to achieve as a staff member (more than I already think I have as a player). I would also like to live up to the standard of those staff members who set me on my path on this server. If that at all would be possible.

5) I also thoroughly enjoy helping people and work within a team to help make something better. This is seen in activities outside of Minecraft, For example, the Army Cadet Force. In this, I hold the rank of Corporal. Most people would argue this is irrelevant since it's in real life and not Minecraft. However, I would strongly argue against that opinion, since most of the skills learnt in the cadets I can use in different situations/ Occupations. For instance, me being an NCO means I work in a team of "management" and look after the well being of others, help with questions and work effectively within a team.
      I also wouldn't have been able to reach where I have without showing maturity and a strong respect for the rank system. I believe these traits are also transferable to the staff team.

6) I've played on here for so long. So I would actually like to have a positive impact on the community. I believe I've come along way from what I was in v3 and would like to sort of "make up" for my wrongs. That doesn't mean I will go on a banning or muting spree. Rather engage and help with the community and try to "mend the bridge" between staff and certain part's of the community.

• 7) I also have never staffed on a larger server. I enjoy challenge's and think I could manage being a staff member on OPBlock's. I've received a lot of tuition/knowledge from staff member's throughout my many call's with staff members.
    • 8) I experience a lot of frustration throughout my time on the server, which is shared by my fellow members. A lot of spammer's, hacker's and people who need support/attention are not getting the attention they deserve/need because of the timezones. (My timezone)
    • 9)There's also a lack of applicants who are as active on forums and in-game. Most after a month immediately apply not knowing what they are in for (mostly knowledge wise). With me, I don't believe this is the case. I've played the server for a long time and have a high rate of activity on forums (which clearly a lot of people don't have, at most, they have 50-60 posts on forums and apply as soon as they meet the requirements)

To summarize....
      I would dearly love to become a part of the staff team to help the players of the server. I would be able to offer more to the server and players as a staff member due to my activity and time zone. this is because there is rarely any staff members in my EU timezone, This leaves the sever un-moderated for at least 3-4 or more hours. In that time there are many hackers, spammers and people who need help.
      I also understand being a staff member is more than punishing players, Its about wanting to help players and being a positive light in the community. After many weeks of reflection, I finally believe I am at that stage.

How would you respond to your application being denied, or a demotion as a staff member?

In both situations, I would reflect on what to improve and possibly in the near future re-apply. Of course, I would be sad but I'd try not to let it affect me in any negative ways. In the time before I would either post my next application (if I chose to do so) I would try and prove my worth to the server. I would also contact a staff member like I did last time. To find out how to improve and generally see what they would like to see me show.

If you are called a useless helper/bullied by players, how do you react to this?

In this situation, I would talk to the player privately either in chat or talk to them via skype/teamspeak to find out why they feel this way. If their reasons are valid I would take them into consideration. If they're blatantly being rude I would deal with them appropriately.
      If a player is rude to me now in-game I usually ask them to "Please /msg me the reason for your feelings" if they continue to be disrespectful I /ignore them. I understand as a staff member I would be subject to a lot of disrespect (if I punish a player or one of they're friends and I will have to face it and not use /ignore.

How many OPBlocks staff applications have you made prior to this one?

What is the date of the last application you’ve made?
      Oct 24, 2017. I requested a denial of that application. That was on the 2nd of December.

Is there anything else we should know?

As a staff member, I would treat the community equally trying to remove any bias from my decisions as a staff member and as a player of the server. If my decisions came into question I would review it and think if my emotions had factored in, If so I would remove my self from that decision and ask another staff member to review the choice (Note; I do understand a lot of people may question some of my choices, But I will try to evaluate each situation carefully.)
      I would also try to get to know all the parts of the community not just the popular/Known players, I'd like to get to know the average player. In doing so I believe players/ the community would see me as more approachable and in turn, this would allow me to staff/help my most played server and its players.

You can also see I recently reached "dedicated member" on forums. This shows that I use the forums platform and am dedicated to it. I plan to keep my activity at a constant.

Heres a pros and cons list of what I feel are my pros and cons.

Pros
      -Active
      -knows server (ie commands, etc)
      -Has a working microphone
      -Active on forums (Evident by senior member)
      -Some staffing experience
      - Mature
      -Works effectively with a team
      -Been "tutored" by staff on how to work on a bigger server.

Cons
      -Has been known to be toxic
      -Used to use hacked clients (on other servers)
      -Hasn't had experience (staffing a bigger server)
      -Older parts of the community dislike me for my past.
      -Still, like everyone, I have Have outbursts when really pushed.
      -Sometimes fairly sarcastic

Thank you for taking the time to read my staff application. I'd also like to say to any of you older players I am truly sorry for my actions in the past. But they are, what they are. my past. I hope that if you give me a chance I will be able to show you how far I've come along.

I'd also understand if you still have your doubts about me, but I believe there's no other way of changing your opinion without me actually taking another shot at being staff and proving my self.
      I have said a lot in my application, And I plan to bring these words into reality. Since I truly do enjoy this server and it's community. Especially, since new content is being pumped into the server.
    • Another thing I would like to mention is, yes I am in Flux. That faction is associated with toxicity (sometimes) . However my factions actions are just that. Their actions, not to be mistaken as my actions.
      I also rarely actually play on factions due to the increasing toxicity levels. But I still sometimes log on and see how everything is.
      That concludes my application. Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

Sincerely-
      Sav

#1 _SavAgE_X, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ExplodingMC12

ExplodingMC12 New Member

+1 Even if its messed up its still good. I always see u on fourms and on server warning people. I wish you the best of luck

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. _SavAgE_X

_SavAgE_X Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my staff application. If you also have any suggestions on how I can improve please feel free to contact me. May that be through forums or ingame!

4. Suffocatings

Suffocatings Senior Member

+rep

Don't like you as a person, way too robotic, can be too immature, you have a bad past, etc. After all of that I'm sad that I'll have to give you a +1, cause honestly, I don't wanna see you as staff. I just have to +1 as we have no staff, and of the staff we do have very few do their job to a good enough point. Also, for another time, don't apply like a million times. Just apply once, and see what staff say.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. _SavAgE_X

_SavAgE_X Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Thank you for the feedback. I will try to seem less trigger happy with my key binds and talk more in game.
    Also you are right, I will wait this application out.

6. Goddessics

Goddessics Well-Known Member

From a new players perspective you are very controlled and you help a lot of people. I haven’t seen an outburst from you but I can picture you getting mad. With Crainer playing on the server a lot of new players will be joining and asking you these really annoying questions that literally mean nothing to you but you have to answer them. It puts a lot of stress on you and annoys the Cookies out of you. Anyways, I like your personality. I can see you working on the staff team. +1 for me

• Like Like x 1
  7. _SavAgE_X

_SavAgE_X Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Thank you, first overall for reading my latest staff application ! I do believe I would be able to cope with all the repetitive questions and the new player base, though It make take some getting used to staffing on a fairly large server !

8. Dobob8

Dobob8 Active Member

I'm torn between giving a +1 or a neutral

You are a nice friendly guy most of the time.
    Yes there has been issues in the past but the past is the past.

"X Okay. Yes I would like to be staff. But I will be a pain back if you are blatantly bullying people. Since I can't mute you "

You posted this recently on your profile and whilst it has a good message behind it it is not the way a staff member should behave.
    The application itself is good I saw a few grammar mistakes throughout the application.

Could you mention when you were banned etc?

However i wish you the best of luck and I believe you would be a good addition to the staff team if you keep doing what your doing.

9. _SavAgE_X

_SavAgE_X Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Thank you for reading and commenting on my application. Also the comment I made Is reasonable in my eyes. If a player is bullying a player for Somthing they can't help (a mental condition) then I will respond in the way I see fit. Of course as a staff member that response would usually be a warn, but since I can't do that. I express my feelings honestly. Rather than being fake. That's just who I am.

10. Mallory Kerley

Mallory Kerley New Member

This was a very good application, and I believe you deserve to be staff. Best of luck to you, and I look forward to seeing you as a staff member.

11. JustMe03

JustMe03 Senior Member

The application is good and stuff, ok bye I don't have time for this

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. _SavAgE_X

_SavAgE_X Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Thank you for the positive comment.
    Thanks for reading and commenting on my application

13. Wedek

Wedek Active Member

whatever website you used to get your vocabulary was good, +1

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Mutah

Mutah Dedicated Member

https://www.grammarly.com/
    i do see you online and you make a good effort to be online even when u dont have ur computer. so i like the determination
    i don have to agree with @Physiologically some times that sometimes i only see u helping in chat you need to relax a little
    +1 very mature and a nice person although some older players might be mad about u tryahrding in v3
    i think you would be a good staff +1

15. _SavAgE_X

_SavAgE_X Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Thank you for reading my application. Yes I do use grammarly, mainly since I was writing my college applications. (teachers recommended using it in case).
    Thanks for reading my application and commenting. That is the issue mainly with me. The past, when I try harded and reported everyone. I am glad to say that I have calmed down with those reports. I will try to talk more in chat, since I usually am In calls with people or PMing them. So I will try to talk more in global chat.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ElibroFTW

ElibroFTW New Member

That job is all yours... you are truly Savge XD.

17. OpticLuLz

OpticLuLz Well-Known Member

I really dislike you, rightfully so, but here’s my input on your application as objectively as possible.
    The application is well writen, a few formatting and punctuation mistakes but easily overlooked.
    Here’s the thing though, you are not mature.
    Well you said this:
    [​IMG]
    Then you did this:
    [​IMG]
    Is that the only example? Why, of course not, it was merely a glimpse of your potential bias as a staff member. On your previous staff application:[​IMG] Huh... Wait, so you're telling me that people noticed you're biased BEFORE you reported me? Weird. Well, I was reported using /chatreport, taking what I said out of context but I was still punished. However you seem to hate when people take things out of context:[​IMG] Is everyone entitled to a joke every once in a while or just you?
    You're persistent, gotta give you that, but I don't believe you are staff material. My vote is a -1.

18. ElibroFTW

ElibroFTW New Member

stop FIGHTING...
    its just going to make things worse.

19. _SavAgE_X

_SavAgE_X Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Thank you for commenting and reading my staff application. However, I honestly don't see anything wrong. The time when I made those inappropriate jokes has long passed. Also I report when I think its right to do so. In the case I said I did it so you couldn't apply, that's true. I don't believe you are staff material so I posted the report to solidify that fact, and I said why I did it. I've also reported a lot of my friends before, some who I had known for a year. (Ask staff or even look in reports).
    The fact is in game and on forums I've tried to behave better, Otherwise there would be reports on more or evidence which is RECENT and not OLD evidence.
    thank you for commenting on my application !

#19 _SavAgE_X, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  20. OpticLuLz

OpticLuLz Well-Known Member

You do realize you basically just said "I only sabotaged the other guy because I'm better than him". You see the irony there? Your interactions with me are both "recent" and "evidence".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.