Welcome to OPBlocks!

PLAY.OPBLOCKS.COM

Players online.

JOIN OUR DISCORD

0 Players Online

40 Hour Famine - An event worth sacrificing for

ShroomsDawg

Hi guys! I'm ShroomsDawg! Some of you may know me as Shrooms, others as Pearl but I want to talk to you all about the 40 Hour Famine.

The 40 Hour Famine is a 40 hour time period in Australia going from August 19th 8 pm (AEST) to August 21st and it lets people in Australia give something up to help sponsor people in third world countries such as Bangladesh.

Did you know that $20 can increase food production for a month. $30 can help train six mothers on how to improve their child's health and nutrition? Although it seems little, with the thousands of people participating and raising money, we can make a difference!

I am giving up my PC and my phone which means you will not see me online for this time period.

I aim to raise $50 but wish to raise as much as I can. I will be doorknocking asking for donations, asking people if they will help raise money. I will be promising to everyone that I will not break my pledge and I will stick to my promise. Every little dollar counts.

If you wish to donate towards the cause and sponsor me while I do this please go to this link:

https://heroix.everydayhero.com.au/.../donate?_ga=1.115283271.1714756430.1471466983

If you want more information about it feel free to check out their website at http://www.40hourfamine.com.au/

Chrissehh

Resigned Meme
This event is definitely worth sacrificing for! Last year I managed to raise $316.50. Hopefully we can all raise more money for this wonderful event.

Dobob8

Brilliant to see young people in general helping the society nowadays in England there is no event like this but if there were I would take part.

Instead in England I do charity work at least 5 times a year and generally make upwards to £450 for charity's. I do it with originated society's. Nice to see that your doing your part in helping the world/people in the state it is in currently.

Best of Luck
Dobob8

P.S You might want to put a comment on your staff App informing Tuxx about this so he leaves your staff App for the time being maybe?